September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I don't like pace groups. I definitely do negative splits in races so I tend to start out slow. Pace groups tend to start at the pace they promise (like 10 min miles or whatever) and try to hold it the whole way. I've caught up with them & ran a bit before pulling ahead before. It must work for more people because they are popular. Just not for me.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 @ContraryMaryMary Great job to you both!! I get to race vicariously through your reports.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    VIRTUAL MARATHON PARTICIPANTS if you haven’t yet, please get your location, pictures, stories, and random acts of kindness to me. Gonna start putting together the ebook tomorrow! Thank you to those who have already replied, we have some great stuff!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    You did awesome @ContraryMaryMary no matter which app you go with it! Congratulations!

Good to see you @avidkeo!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,987 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Congrats on your PB! Amazing pace! Love that you got your pictures for free. The ones you shared are great! Sorry about the confusion on your actual time, but any way, it's GREAT!

@Avidkeo Glad you are healing and, for the most part, doing as instructed. Fingers crossed for Oct running!

@Faebert Yeah for the 10 mile run! You're doing great!

@Tramboman I like the way your mind works.

@Camaramandy648 Glad you are feeling some better.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale Nice place for a run.

@katharmonic I'm glad your friend wasn't too disappointed in her time. It's too bad she got lost, but sounds like she wound up with a good attitude about it all. Glad you had a nice run today.

@rheddmobile Hope your knee feels better in the morning. Going to try to send you my stuff here in a few minutes. It's been a crazy weekend.

Congrats to you and your partner on finishing your race @shanaber !

@T1DCarnivoreRunner Glad you had a good run and was able to find a shorter path back to your car. I hope they find the missing man and that he is okay.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I posted in my update that my eRace for Racism team had around 6 miles left to finish. Well my partner Tammi went out for her planned 3 mile run but seeing that we were so close, she just had to run 6! So we finished our 200 mile relay in 37 days and 10 days early!
    6j79fl81e0ml.png

Tomorrow I start the Womxn Run The Vote virtual relay, 680 miles from Atlanta, Georgia to Washington, DC,. I am very excited to run in the relay, learn about Civil Rights historic sites and people along the way and help raise money to enable voters in marginalized areas!
    Congrats! I just got my shirt from the 100 mile challenge. I opted for the gray short sleeve tech shirt and I love it! Can’t have enough tech shirts.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Got out to do my long run this morning at 8:00. It was 50°F! It was actually a little chilly to start out, but turned out to be pretty much perfect running weather - slight breeze and sunny to boot. I ran out my rural road today, so was a easier and faster than doing driveway laps. I did run by the sheep dogs today....and they were near the road. The little one that I am afraid of wasn't there, so I think he may have gotten rid of her. There was a smaller dog, but it was big enough that I wasn't afraid it could find it's way through the fence. Since they were there, I didn't want to have to run by them 4 times, so I ran out to my 2 mile turn around point and then, on the way back, turned around before I got to them and went back to the farthest point and then back again. I sprinted past them on the way back, so got my fastest pace there (8:23 min/mile).

I ran 8 miles and walked one. It felt good - not quite as good as last weeks 10 miler, but still good. I try to make my last mile my fastest one and succeeded today with it being 10:51 min.

And, I got another PR for a 10K - doing an easy pace! (1:10:58) I was almost 1 minute faster than I was on Sept 7, when I got my last PR for that distance.

Then, this afternoon, I went and played tennis. I think I'm crazy. My friend was amazed that I could still move after doing 9 miles this morning.

exercise.png

Also 11/20 miles walked.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    VIRTUAL MARATHON PARTICIPANTS if you haven’t yet, please get your location, pictures, stories, and random acts of kindness to me. Gonna start putting together the ebook tomorrow! Thank you to those who have already replied, we have some great stuff!

Hi, I can’t find your email address - can you repost it please.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I posted in my update that my eRace for Racism team had around 6 miles left to finish. Well my partner Tammi went out for her planned 3 mile run but seeing that we were so close, she just had to run 6! So we finished our 200 mile relay in 37 days and 10 days early!
    6j79fl81e0ml.png

Tomorrow I start the Womxn Run The Vote virtual relay, 680 miles from Atlanta, Georgia to Washington, DC,. I am very excited to run in the relay, learn about Civil Rights historic sites and people along the way and help raise money to enable voters in marginalized areas!
    Congrats! I just got my shirt from the 100 mile challenge. I opted for the gray short sleeve tech shirt and I love it! Can’t have enough tech shirts.
    @rheddmobile - I got the long sleeve pink 1/4 zip tech shirt and love it too. It is however, VERY bright pink!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options

Hi, I can’t find your email address - can you repost it please.

Found it!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    9-1 7.2k slow
    9-2 7.2k easy
    9-3 7.2k moderate
    9-4 7.2k measy (between moderate and easy)
    9-5 7k measy
    9-6 7k easy
    9-7 rest
    9-8 7k marathon pace
    9-9 7k marathon pace
    9-10 7.2k marathon pace
    9-11 7k marathon pace
    9-12 7k marathon pace
    9-13 7k marathon pace
    9-14 rest
    9-15 7k measy
    9-16 7k measy
    9-17 7k easy
    9-18 7k easy
    9-19 7k easy
    9-20 7k easy
    9-21 rest

September Total: 127k
    September Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k

2020 Total through August: 1408k / 176k per month

Glorious rest day today!!! Golf instead of running.

@quilteryoyo Seemed strange to see my name, "mind" and "works" all in the same sentence.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01