What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Full body session. Was told immediately after to self isolate. Back to home workouts.
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Took the dogs for a walk then played table tennis for an hour. Was surprised by how few steps I took.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    More rowing machine, 4 x (2K on, 2' off/CD), 8798m including the row in/outs & CD. Hit 16 spm average for the 4 pieces, still holding 2:36.8 split and maxing 5bpm above 70% HR reserve (all but about 10% of the workout, was 70% and below). I call it moderate steady state. All about that base, eh? 😆 Garmin estimates 799 strokes for the 8798m: I'm OK with that.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Indoor night shift pedal circuit training. Start favorite music playlist and start pedaling. At the end of every song
    10 push-ups
    10 sit-ups
    10 sandbag squats
    10 sandbag curls
    Repeat for 1 hour.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga (15min)
    Stomach Vacuums (5min)
    Handstand Pushup (wall assisted) (8)
    Pullups (40)
    Handstand Wall Hold (4min)
    Dead Hand (4min)
    Hollow Body Hold (4min)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    More rowing machine, 4 x (2K on, 2' off/CD), 8798m including the row in/outs & CD. Hit 16 spm average for the 4 pieces, still holding 2:36.8 split and maxing 5bpm above 70% HR reserve (all but about 10% of the workout, was 70% and below). I call it moderate steady state. All about that base, eh? 😆 Garmin estimates 799 strokes for the 8798m: I'm OK with that.

Nice work Ann. It will likely take me a while to get back to being able to keep the HR in check once I'm back rowing regularly. Still working a lot on the back rehab, which is helping a lot. That's a really good pace for that slow of SR.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I did 45 minutes pilates, and a 10 mile walk in the evening.

I hadn't intended to do the walk. But I had a 2 hour work meeting just before it, where most people chose to speak in jargon rather than English. So I was grumpy, and needed to get out of the house
  • MikePfirrman
    45 minutes light cardio work again today. First day in 3 without a lingering headache. I don't want to whine, as the wildfires are secondary here -- just a lot of haze and pollution -- but it's the same headaches that I had when we had the wildfires here in Tucson for all of June, just much less intense.

I'm 6 hours from San Diego and 7 from LA, so the smoke is travelling ridiculous distances. So sad for them in CA.
  • AnnPT77
    edited September 2020
    Rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD) for a total of 6679m, still 17spsm and 2:35.4, but let HR drift up to a little above 75% HR reserve. (Resting rate's a little high today, so maybe I'm just running a little high, dunno.) Then only 20' dumbbells, cut short from usual. I'm doing "clear liquids only" to prep for a medical thing tomorrow, and just not feeling the full workout right now.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Nice work Ann. It will likely take me a while to get back to being able to keep the HR in check once I'm back rowing regularly. Still working a lot on the back rehab, which is helping a lot. That's a really good pace for that slow of SR.

Thank you, Mike. I think there's tiny gradual improvement in the constellation of spm/HR/split. I don't really expect much, at this stage or at this level of time/effort. Maintaining some basic fitness would be good, any improvement is gravy. Current focus is mainly a sustainable routine and good life balance.

I hope your back issues and headaches will resolve ASAP.
  • cyaneverfat
    Meet with a PT then signed up to do some courses which means walking through town= calorie burn.
  • Irfan_Ali
    Irfan_Ali Posts: 13 Member
    Cross Fit workout consisting of 10 rounds of
    12 pushups
    24 heel touches
    12 body weight squats
    12 kettle bell swings (20kg)

Then 15min HIIT treadmill 30 sec on / 30 sec off

Finally a 10 min jump rope finisher where I try to do 1000 skips
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga (15min)
    Stomach Vacuums (5min)
    Wall Assisted Handstand Pushup (16)
    Pull-ups (48)
    Handstand Wall Hold (4min)
    Dead Hand (4min)
    Hollow Body Hold (4min)
    Jumprope (30min)
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    I will be doing a 7 mile walk after I get off work.
  • MikePfirrman
    6 X 5 minutes w/ 3 minutes active rest. HR got higher each interval, ended at 95% of max. My back might be falling apart but my heart works great. First 3 on the LateralX (basically a Max Trainer that goes side to side along with up and down) and the last 3 on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). 850 calories for the 50 minutes.
  • AnnPT77
    Rowed bow in the double, Garmin says 7006m, but I forgot to turn it off until after we'd carried the first boat back to the boathouse, so there are probably a few boat-carrying meters in there, too - maybe 100 or so. 😆

My old double partner has been back for a couple of rows lately, after missing most of last season (knee replacement, broken foot, some other health problems, international travel . . . .). Her being back makes me happy - hope she can/wants to keep it up.
  • AnnPT77
    46 minutes communing with dumbbells on what usually would've been my rest day.

When we started on-water rowing (M-W-F-Sa, weather permitting), I switched my lifting schedule from M-W-F to Tu-Th-Sa so I'd usually be lifting on rowing machine days rather than on-water days. The Saturday isn't working out so well, from the sample of the last 2 weeks. I'm getting home, thinking "lifting - ugh" and putting it off until Sunday. So far, losing the rest day has been OK. Play it by ear, I guess.

I took Friday off this past week (colonoscopy in AM, doc told me not to work out that day afterward), but I'm not sure that really counts as a rest day.

Honestly, I'm not as rest-obsessed as I sound, but managing recovery well has become more important for me with age, so I guess I'm just thinking in print about it here. 😆
  • MikePfirrman
    edited September 2020
    Easy hour today. 30 on the LateralX and 30 on the AD Pro. All 55% (warmup) to 67% HR Max.

Did a 1000m TT yesterday in honor of my friend Dan Lynch (#erg1000), who will set a WR sometime next month. He's a friend in my Indoor Rowing club that set out to break the World Record for consecutive days of rowing on the Concept 2 (like 1040 or something). One year in, he was told he had an aggressive, not curable cancer. He finished 1000 days on Saturday while going through chemo. We tried to get 1000 people to do the row.

First Timed Trial I've done in a while, so I took it easy today. I didn't want to coast because Dan won't. I certainly wouldn't bet against him in this life battle either.
  • cyaneverfat
    Walked the dogs, had a swim.
  • AnnPT77
    Another round of bore the MFP reader, a.k.a. rowing machine, 4 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), 8729m including row in/out and CD, averaging 2:33.4 and 16spm. Topped out at about 75% HR reserve, but most of the workout was zone 3 and below according to Garmin (to mix HR benchmark schemes 😆).

I was supposed to row on water today, but we got rained out (intermittent thunder!).
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    stationary

Stuck inside still 😭

7mdz4o7xsupz.png