Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good morning,

Lana I have seen those before - glad your "number" isnt higher than at home. How is breadland? Hope your inlaws are doing well.

Cooking of at least one of my meal plans today. Not sure which - slept in so the world is a little foggy still.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning Sara~~

FIL is doing much better, however, he is not back to normal at all. His blood pressure fluctuates greatly; he needs a walker; he can get up and down the stairs only once per day, with two of us guarding the way (big belt from the physical therapist).

I am planning on being here another 1.5 weeks.

Breadland is a challenge, but I've got my fruits and veggies and H2O 👍🏻
    A few days ago, I did the grocery shopping, and a box of cookies hopped into the cart. Thankfully, my little nephew ate most of them! 😂
    This is also The House of Wine, but I haven't had any alcohol in 15 days, and I am happier without it.

Sara - I hope that you cook some good things for yourself to have throughout the week.

Waves to all who stop by later on~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    x5z6urgnt463.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Our air quality is getting better!

Scale not so bad, went to look at history and I am same weight as this spring which is encouraging.

Need a nice strong cup of tea to get this one started. Made 6 meals (even though pancakes was one of them). Have the makings for asian stir fry and pancakes are in freezer.

• LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara -
    What a pretty image to get us going on this Monday morning 😍
    Great news about your air quality, food preps, and the scale.... Congratulations!

Things are going pretty well here, and my SIL is starting her diet today, so things are going to get a bit healthier 💗

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Runa and Kathryn and Maureen and EthelBonnie and Missy and Saltine and everyone else who stops by later on.

Sending special hugs and kisses out to Dawn 🤗😘🤗

Lana

forgot to weigh 😰
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited September 2020
    Good morning!
    Just peeping in!
    Chubby today....hmmm too much salt this weekend?

CW 198
    HW 207
    GW 180

Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - lets send Dawn a cboy care package!!! We havent done that in awhile and the cboys are looking a little bored...
  • LanaCabana537

Sara and Lynn - Good idea. Alejandro and Jean Michel and The Boys are gathering up Dawn's favorite things, and they'll be taking the Gulfstream out to Missouri in one hour.....

Lana
  • ethelbonnie
    ethelbonnie Posts: 17 Member
    Hello!

Welp, my partner is gone, and I have definitely found some solace in calories. I didn't go TOO overboard for TOO long, but I'm sort of at a loss about how to eat dinner now. For most of the last three and a half years, my partner and I have had dinner together, and most weekend meals. I have a feeling I'll be turning to frozen meals for awhile, just because I'm too emotionally wrought to really think about cooking. I'm going to try and make a pasta with asparagus and zucchini tomorrow, which will last a couple days; and I have the makings of a smoked sausage/potato sheet pan meal.

The smoke has cleared up, and we seem to have suddenly popped into Autumn sometime when the sky was not visible. I'm going to try and get a walk to work in tomorrow, because the rest of the week looks like rain.

Waving to everyone! Have an awesome evening!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    ethelb - so glad you can see the sky again - I am in CA and forgot what blue looked like - and you have rain!! a little jealous. keep one of your healthy habits going (pick and easy one) so that while you find your new normal you still have a foundation in your health.
  • LanaCabana537
    yjc83o614dpf.jpeg

Good morning everybody~~

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Thank you Lana for getting us started!!

Friend from work said "early dinner"? I said "I am too easy".

Worked so hard yesterday to get my workload down that I slept so long after work that I could not go to sleep at night. Cant win for trying.

Made asian noodle dinner and now have 4 meals in fridge and 2 in freezer. I have frozen boxes and making sure they are my last resort.

• Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Had grilled cheese and soup for dinner with a scoop of ice cream, so not bad considering the possibilities.

May have a driver Sat to go buy yarn!!!

Must scoot. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.

6qehvg5btkg3.png

• LanaCabana537

Hi there Sara ~~

Wow, did this morning blow by.....its 2PM already. I am tired. 😰

Waving to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    zd4ss14pp7ag.jpeg
    *** September 24th ***

Good morning everybody! 🐥

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana thank you for starting us.

I hope my tea is strong. It is almost Friday and I do not have a to do list - I got my meds yesterday and had to make 2 trips. The nearby Walgreens closed and all the orders came to the CVS I go to so they are even more behind. I said fine I will go have dinner and be back. Deodorants and anti perspirants are locked up as people are stealing them so says CVS corporate. Honey if I am going to jail for stealing it will not be for something like that. Heard word that ice cream in NY is also on lock down. They put chocolate on lockdown there will be words.....

Time to face Monster. BBL

• brennerjlb
    Hello Sara and Lana! And to whomever pops in.

Sara - my daughter worked for CVS while in college and she said the theft was unbelievable! They were told never to confront. They just watch and linger and hope that deters. Sad.

Son probably exposed to COVID and so it starts. His boss home ill and tested, but symptoms are COVID. Wisconsin is a big mess with cases. Sigh. Luckily we have an upstairs and he is now banished up there. Has a separate entrance. We will try and steer clear of him.

Have a great Thursday
    Lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Friday!

Not that Friday means much other than I don't have to sit behind this desk that looms in my den. Busy Saturday ahead. Tomorrow is our Annual Dice Run for Gianna's Voice. I will go to the Lodge at 3 am to start breakfast for the BBQ team coming in at 6 am. After that, I will bake 2 peach cobblers for the baked goods auction. The oven at the Lodge is bigger than mine so I can bake two at once and be done.

I have several things to do at the Lodge during any "down" time. Dice Run starts at 12. BBQ dinner at 4. Baked Goods Auction probably around 6. I'm donating 3 of the 33 bottles of liquor I won at Conference.

After that we have Karaoke with Ray Ray. He's a true entertainer and we usually pull a big crowd when he comes.

Hopefully, I will be home before midnight.

I lost my day streak on MFP last Sunday. I took a day away from electronics to sleep and watch some tv. This Sunday may be the same. I am physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. No free Saturdays until mid-January. Dreaming of a time when I can take a couple of days to disappear from life completely.

Have a great day, everyone! Make the best choices you can in the situation you have.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Tracy - good to hear from you. The exhaustion I understand and I get sleep whenever possible. Is your gathering a large one and are you "masking" for yourself? I am one of the few people who do in my world.

FRIDAY and not a moment too soon. Plans are to go yarn shopping after work. Yarn I ordered from Michaels never arrived so I have to start over and I am shopping the competitors to find out if I want to shop on line for them.

Food is okay but scale is letting me know.

• brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    I concur - great to hear from you Tracey! Hope all that goes well for you! It does sound like you need Sundays as a rest day!
    Good morning Sara - enjoy your yarn shopping! I do nothing with yarn :wink: so I cannot suggest any stores.
    Hello Lana - assume you will be popping in soon as well!
    Have a great Friday and better Saturday!
    CW 196.6
    HW 207
    GW 180
    better than Monday, much higher that I was in March :neutral: