Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Covid-19 prep is over at two of our Walmart's locally for the most part it seems. No staff were outside the store monitoring and people were going in and out the same doors. No one was cleaning carts or the check out lane equipment. One way aisles are all gone like pre Covid. Staff still are to wear masks. There were no free wet wipes at the door and face masks had been marked down.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Not sure what the holidays will bring. I've been very careful throughout this whole thing and have taken it all seriously to the tune of not having seen any of our 3 adult children since it all started(except by video chat). I'm ready to see them. But it involves 2 of them flying home and that makes me extremely nervous, to say the least.
    And one of those is driving 16 hrs. in another week to attend a local wedding, which is also making me extremely nervous. :(
    Life's not easy now, at all. But what good is it, if you can't see your own family? I'm torn. :(
    ETA: I live in a rural state with some of the lowest Covid numbers and feel lucky it hasn't attacked our area. But I also feel our luck will run out eventually. :(

Just give the person a couple of weeks after going to the wedding then it's safer to see them? Things where many get together are the most dangerous, especially indoors.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Covid-19 prep is over at two of our Walmart's locally for the most part it seems. No staff were outside the store monitoring and people were going in and out the same doors. No one was cleaning carts or the check out lane equipment. One way aisles are all gone like pre Covid. Staff still are to wear masks. There were no free wet wipes at the door and face masks had been marked down.

This is amazing. Quite the opposite here. Supermarkets disinfect their shopping trolleys before allowing the next customers to use them. Many retail stores do temperature checks at the entrance, and a larger number insist on spraying your hands with sanitizer on the way in. Masks are 100% required.

It caught me by surprise. Mindsets must vary from region to region. I don't think the pandemic is going to be over in 6 weeks but many locals don't agree me. Walmart must have a reason for backing off.