WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I spoke to Lisa on Friday and she was still having tummy etc. problems, my guess is if things have not stabilized this weekend a call to the doctor is on the horizon.

Kim

Thanks Kim. Keeping her in my thoughts.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Barbara - Sophie gets "Cannachews" https://www.growpharmaceuticals.com/products/cannachews. I got the first container of them at the Vet's - they can't keep them in stock so now I order online. Takes a week or 2 to arrive, or at least the last batch did. Directions say 0-30 lbs, 1/2 chew (7.5 mg CBD). 31-60 lbs, 1 chew (15 mg CBD) and 60 lbs/up, 2 chews. These are "broad spectrum." The customer service rep on their "chat" told me it was OK to double up on them. Sounds like oil is a good alternative, maybe putting some on her food would be good too.

Rebecca - sorry, I keep forgetting to tell you how cute Athena is in her little jeans. <3 And your cookies sounded great!

Thermometers - there are none of the digital to be found at Walmart or the drugstores in our town, ordered one from Amazon.

Having a little meet-up with my 2 Tai Chi buddies today at a local park, taking light snacks. We used to get together for lunch once a month and haven't seen each other in a LONG time. There are nice picnic tables there so we can get caught up and be comfortable. Looking forward to it. :)

Have a great Monday!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where I'm heading out to see if there's any aurora borealis activity.
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    Accountability
    I need ONE person who is going to look at my food and exercise diary once a day to keep me honest! I will of course do the same for you. Im 53, 5'3" CW 230, first GW 199. Anybody?
  • TerriRichardson112
    Heather: could it be an allergy of some kind?
  • TerriRichardson112
    Lisa: It’s good to rule out those issues. Hope the meds continue to help. (((Hugs)))
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Just saw the massive evacuations near Debbie in Napa and her parents. Hope they got out to shelter ok.

Terri ((hugs)) for Bacon’s peaceful passing.
    Lanette many thanks for the Cannachews recommendation. If not at our local pet specialty shop will order some today.
    Lisa ((hugs))
    Welcome @hap2go!

Chetco effect hot wind putting us on edge. Need to get up and out before it gets too hot to play in the dirt.
    Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Lisa- THANKS for posting. <3 We are rooting for you.

Terri - A possibility. :/

I got through to the doctor's receptionist and the first consultation (phone only) is October 16th. I took that as an insurance and then tried their other option of an e-consult. ;) Filled in all the very long form online. They promise to get back to me by phone, text, or email by tomorrow evening.
    When I filled in the form I gave the night leg pain a 7 out of 10, so it said I need to get immediate medical help.!!! So I backtracked and ticked 6, which then continued more sedately. :)
    I've been out for my run, which went much the same as usual. I'm having a bit more back ache, but nothing serious. The day was PERFECT! Sunny, warm, but a light breeze. Calm sea. People swimming, eating outside at the café.
    I listened to my favourite podcasts. BBC Soul Music. It's available on the free BBC Sounds app. Today I listened to Beethoven's 5th and Baker Street. It goes into the background and why people love the track so much.

DH has gone out now as we were doing relays, waiting for numerous Amazon deliveries today. My CBD drops should arrive.

Next door has scaffolding going up right now so they can have the house painted. Hope they don't play loud music. :#

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💙💚💜
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Barbara: I hope the neighbor gets the bear. Bears are looking for an easy meal. I’m guessing they think the garbage cans are a delightful treat. Cougars are more dangerous in my mind. They want live meat instead of garbage can contents. Years ago a cougar moved into our town, and snatched peoples dogs right off of the leash. Wild life officials captured that one. I don’t know whether it was relocated or euthanized. I’ve noticed that a number of wild animals have moved into town, notably deer and birds of all sorts. Birds are welcome. I like seeing the deer, but not watching them eat my garden. :grumble:

Heather: I hope you are able to get the doctor’s appointment and find out why you’re not feeling good. :heart:

Kim: Thanks for letting us know about Lisa. I hope she is feeling better soon. :flowerforyou:

(((Lisa))): I hope that things go well and you’re feeling better day by day. :heart:

The days are getting shorter. I got up at the same time as usual and it was still dark outside. I’ve got my Halloween decorations up, inside the house and outside. I’m a bit grumpy about some of the Halloween Town decisions this year. They want to charge admission to Old Town. Okay for tourists, but I don’t think it is okay for people who live here in the neighborhood. It is also hard on some of the shops & businesses inside the barricaded streets. This isn’t for a weekend; it will be like this for the whole month of October. Restaurants will likely do well, but I'm not sure about the beauty shop and other service businesses. We'll have to see how things go. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Lanette How cool to meet up with Tai Chi friends in the park. That would be a momentous occasion for me. I didn't know about the Aurora Borealis. I have seen it twice over the years. Once from a mountain top above my cabin. It was a clear cool morning here and it might have been visible.

Lisa So good you have had the medical tests to find out what it isn't. I am hoping they can come up with something you can do to get relief. I understand there is a new strain of the bird flu out now that our yearly flu shot doesn't cover. It is intestinal and causes extreme weakness. I am not sure but I think the same test that is used for H1N1and related virus will also show this new strain. My PCP says it is related to the Spanish flu of 1918, but with all the Coronavirus precautions it should never reach a pandemic stage. The key to avoiding it is repeated hand sanitation. I doubt you have it, but might be worth discussing with your doctor.

Terri Sorry to hear about the DED's dog. Losing a longtime pet is hard. My old cat has been gone for 10 years, but I still see her at times by the back door wanting out and then looking in the door to be let in.
  • Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Heather Sorry to hear about your symptoms. Lots of strange things going around now worldwide. Hope a doctor's visit will get this resolved. Lots of allergies especially here this fall.

Barbara I hope Joe is doing better and gets his eye problems resolved soon. I hope your weather is great and you are getting in lots of beach walks. I long to visit the South Oregon beaches again. I have always loved the Port Orford cedars and their history. I wish I had a POC log to sculpt with my Stihl battery chainsaw. It is a great wood to work.

Tracey I didn't know they had Canadian country music awards. Food cravings are a hard thing to overcome.

M in Oz I find it interesting how much electrolytes help with dehydration. I have always been a heavy water drinker and years ago a sports doctor suggested I take electrolyte pills as I sweat heavily during strenuous exercise or work.

Ginny I love coffee also and when I started having one cup full strength and then diluting the other cups, it resolved my acid and nerve response to caffeine. It took some time to get used to the weak cups but was sure worth the results.

SuzieQ My current home is 1250 sq ft but with a large yard. I want a small back yard all stone patio with large flower pots. I also want a total privacy fence.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    @LisaInAR - Have they looked at Lyme Disease with how sudden this came on and the exhaustion. You were working outside so much before this happened. I had a friend that had it and it was that sudden, she was almost paralyzed with the exhaustion.

Bears - I am seeing a lot of posts on Facebook of bears in towns here in Canada this year too. One that I watched a video of was a mama and her cubs that curled up on someone's porch in a very crowded neighbourhood. It was all recorded from a neighbours videocam how the police and Wildlife Dept moved them. My best friend has been scared to go for a walk on her property this year due to bears. She has lived there 23 years and this is the first time that has happened.

I slept well last night until about 5 this morning when my husband woke me looking for his bank card. Apparently I washed it, dried it and hung it up in his jeans yesterday. When I asked him if he had checked his wallet, his response was "why would I have it in there". My response could have been, but I decided it wasn't worth it "well maybe if it was you wouldn't lose it so often". I then struggled to get back to sleep so read for a while, then was sleeping well again when the alarm went off. It's going to be a long day.

Well I should get to work, have a great day everyone.
    Tracey in Edmonton

• Faetta
    Katla Sad they are charging admission to the old town. Everything seems to be changing.

Pip Nice photo and your bike rides sound like so much fun.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Tracey - OK this had me laughing, "When I asked him if he had checked his wallet, his response was "why would I have it in there".""

Kim in N. CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Faetta: I'm hoping that intelligence rears its lovely head in the matter of people walking into Old Town. Cars won't be permitted inside the area. It would be too congested & dangerous. There is a large area where cars can be allowed to park. I haven't looked into it because it doesn't affect me. :ohwell: