Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    guys/girls

if you were offered a big amount of money, like set-for-life kinda thing, to pick up and move away with just your immediate family and leave everyone and everything u know behind, would u do it? u wouldnt be able to tell anyone what youre doing or where u goin, just disappear

Do I have to bring my immediate family?

😂

Not to brag, but I have an emergency Kit Kat fund in my savings account.

Marry me

I'd love to have a three-income house.

We're working on having two incomes and letting me write my novel while I keep house. That works very nicely. One argument for triads. (grin)

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier! I have a friend with a polycule and birthdays/Christmases are apparently amazing.
    Ours aren't THAT exciting. Girlfriend's parents are dead/dead to her (she says if her mom moves to the Midwest, she'll move to California) and so Boyfriend and I go to my mom's house on Christmas Eve, and we do our presents among the three of us on Christmas morning and then he and I go to see his parents, because Girlfriend can't handle the fact that his mom talks like it was an Olympic sport and she was on the team. (wry grin) Plenty of time to spend the afternoon with new books and Christmas candy and downloading new music/video games before having pizza for dinner.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    *looks around with my rats*

I had pet rats when I was a child. The main issue with small rodent pets is their short lifespan. :'(

Yeah, the rapid heartbreak is really taking a toll on me. There are days in which I consider never having any more, and then there are days when Pickle falls asleep in my arms and I wouldn't want to live without that trust.
  • hawkeye45_
    guys/girls

if you were offered a big amount of money, like set-for-life kinda thing, to pick up and move away with just your immediate family and leave everyone and everything u know behind, would u do it? u wouldnt be able to tell anyone what youre doing or where u goin, just disappear

Do I have to bring my immediate family?

😂

Not to brag, but I have an emergency Kit Kat fund in my savings account.

Marry me

I'd love to have a three-income house.

We're working on having two incomes and letting me write my novel while I keep house. That works very nicely. One argument for triads. (grin)

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier! I have a friend with a polycule and birthdays/Christmases are apparently amazing.
    Ours aren't THAT exciting. Girlfriend's parents are dead/dead to her (she says if her mom moves to the Midwest, she'll move to California) and so Boyfriend and I go to my mom's house on Christmas Eve, and we do our presents among the three of us on Christmas morning and then he and I go to see his parents, because Girlfriend can't handle the fact that his mom talks like it was an Olympic sport and she was on the team. (wry grin) Plenty of time to spend the afternoon with new books and Christmas candy and downloading new music/video games before having pizza for dinner.

Christmas Pizza. I frakkin' love it.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    The only animals I want in my house are stuffed in a taco shell.

Just Clowning.

.... sometimes I don't need a taco shell

bqaldm4gswl3.gif

Le yoink. :)
  • We're owned by two cats, and contemplate a third since the second one, Nyx, is younger and wants to play rough, and Hana does not. Hana is often found growling and muttering to herself under a chair or back in a corner. But it means there are certain pets we don't get, either because the cat will think it's food or the dog will think they're food. (Certain breeds are known to tend to be cat-killers.)

In due course, we're thinking about a Rottie. Raised from a pup around the cats, so he knows they're friends. But that's for when I lose the rest of the weight and get my foot surgeries so I can walk with the dog.
  • hawkeye45_
    Girls: What do you think of self-deprecating humor?
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member

That’s my humor so I’m good with it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

There’s a balance. If you’re too self-deprecating she might think you’re trying to get rid of her. Not enough and she’s gonna try to get rid of you 😏

balance?

dis me....

f61daecbd7e0da5439f8a464330a433a.gif
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    edited October 2020
    Motorsheen wrote: »

There’s a balance. If you’re too self-deprecating she might think you’re trying to get rid of her. Not enough and she’s gonna try to get rid of you 😏

balance?

dis me....

f61daecbd7e0da5439f8a464330a433a.gif

I see you’re tryna get rid of me

Edit: this is actually a perfect amount
  • KosmosKitten

Definitely a balance. I've known a person or two who utilized it far more than I did and not only did I find it annoying after a time, but needy and attention seeking (it became obvious they were after praise to stroke their ego). A little bit here and there is fine, though.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

like manic depressive humor
  • hawkeye45_
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

I'll see you in my office.
  • KosmosKitten

I'll see you in my office.

My mind automatically went to bad places with this comment. Either I've been on the internet too long or I am one messed up person. :D
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Guys/Girls: WIYO on exotic/unusual/alternative pet companions? Is there a non-human companion you would never consider having?

Example: Once upon a time, I had 10 different species of tarantula that I was taking care of. Some you could handle and interact with, but several were "look don't handle" species due to aggression/venom. I loved having each of them in my home, taking care of them and watching them interact with their food (insects) and the terrarium environments we created for them.

Yet.. I had several friends who were made EXTREMELY uneasy by the fact that I had 10 spiders in my home.

Scorpions. That says a lot about my feelings for those because I'm convinced I'll die someday trying to pet something I definitely should not pet.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    What's yall's opinion on pigtails as a hairstyle and not actual pig tails?
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member

Attractive on most ladies and down right hawt on the rest.

A woman on the farm, sporting pigtails and maybe a cowgirl hat... 🤤
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Ladies...

So one guy puts on the damn Disney fireworks show for you once or twice a week 🤷🏽‍♂️... But during the work week he's usually falling asleep before the kids, and his mornings are dedicated to his physical conditioning 🤷🏽‍♂️

The other guy, puts on a show 4-5x/week but it's more like a $50 box of the safe and sane legal residential use safe for kids kind of thing... He doesn't invest much time in himself...

Opinions and thoughts...

As someone with a libido way higher than my partner, neither of these sounds great, tbh.

But if I had to pick? And this is me with the higher libido, I'd pick #1. People who take time for themselves are happier people. It doesn't even need to be physical conditioning for me, just someone who does something for himself every day. People who don't do that are miserable. And I say that as someone who has fallen into that trap- when I don't do something for myself every day, I'm a snarky b, and no one is happy.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Guys/Girls: Real Opinion

Belly button piercings?
    Claw like fake nails?

*DISCLAIMER* I have neither of these things.

I don't care about either, really. If it makes them happy, cool. But I do have questions for claw nails people:

How?

I break my nails as soon as they get above my nail bed. How do you do it?
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

Attractive on most ladies and down right hawt on the rest.

A woman on the farm, sporting pigtails and maybe a cowgirl hat... 🤤

Yes!