What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Around 7K rowing bow in the double again, and again putting off strength training on top of rowing. Hope to fit that (strength) in tomorrow.

These last days on water for the season are really sweet, and we've had amazing weather (if a bit chilly). I'm always cautious when we reach "frost on the dock" stage. Carrying a boat with another person(s) always requires care, but the slipperiness makes that even more important.

It's not all that heavy, but even the double is around 30' long: Awkward!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Friday
    7 mile walk, then hangboarding.

Saturday
    It rained all day, so I failed to climb. I got a 10 mile walk in, and then did upper body lifts:
    60 kgs bent over row, 3 sets of 5
    55 kgs bench, 3 sets of 6.
    35 kgs OHP, 4 sets of 5.

Sunday
    I did an hour yoga, then 90 minutes climbing on the home wall. I will go for a short-ish walk before dinner - I probably have time for 4 miles before it gets properly dark.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Friday: 2 Mi run
    Saturday: PHUL upper day 3
    Sunday: PHUL lower day 4
    Monday: teaching bodypump
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Really easy hour and 10 minute cardio workout. Did 10 minutes slow in the rower, then 30 on both the LateralX and 30 on the AD Pro. All under 65% except the 10 minute rower capped at 70% of max HR. Mornings are cool but afternoons still very hot. Won't get back to my lunchtime rows for another month or so.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Morning session of Team Body Project's "Totally Cardio", then an early afternoon 2-mile outdoor walk.
  • AnnPT77
    45 minutes of dumbbells, held over from yesterday. Maybe the tradition of Sunday rest days is outdated, and Sundays are strength days, at least until (sigh) on-water rowing season is over. I don't know why, but despite the moderate intensity most days, on-water rowing seems to combine less will for me with strength workouts than does the shorter but *a little* more intense machine rowing I've been doing on Tu-Th. 🤷‍♀️ Or maybe it's just my inherent laziness at play . . . .

Whatever. It's been happening; that's the important part. 😆
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Alternate battle rope wave 30sec
    Tire deadlift x5
    Tire farmers carry
    Tire deadlift x5
    Sled push
    Barbell row x10
    7 rounds
  • Abby_pim
    Abby_pim Posts: 1 Member
    Functional 50 minutes
  • AnnPT77
    Another 7009m rowing bow in the double, on nice flat water, on a river still lined with colorful Fall leaves. Weather's still hanging on!
  • MikePfirrman
    Hard short intervals for an hour. 900 calories.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Morning session of Team Body Project's "AvD Beats", followed by "Just Combos".
    Early afternoon one-mile outdoor walk.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    * 20 minute run
    * 20 minute stationary bike ~ moderate effort
    * 5 pound dumbbell curls (50 each arm)
  • sandywhitten
    sandywhitten Posts: 1 Member
    Workout # 12 of the Aaptiv ‘walk to run one mile’ audio program - 19 minutes of body weight strength training. I have been very inactive so I’m happy with this today.
  • AnnPT77
    Oh, Tuesday, so 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), for a total of (from memory) 6707m. And the obligatory dumbbells , for 51' afterward.
  • randomnickname6
    randomnickname6 Posts: 1 Member
    30 min eppileptical
    15 min rowing
    15 min stationary bike
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    2 miles running
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    3 mile run and walked around neighborhoods for about 30 minutes afterwards so my little guy could look at Halloween decorations in yards, promised him we'd go tonight when they're all lit up spooky 👻🎃👀!
  • MikePfirrman
    edited October 2020
    Real easy 52 minutes of recovery cardio (60% to 65% max HR). Have some makeup pushups and lateral raises to do along with back therapy (150 pushups and 150 lateral raises).
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    In the morning 30 minute low impact
    20 minite yoga
    40 minute boot camp
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    35 minute walk