Coronavirus prep

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,420 Member
    Gotta love California. Our new guideline to get us through the holidays. Ha

88ogbro67wco.png

Sorry had to Google since I thought it was internet BS.

So what is done if someone waves a middle finger at one or all of the guidelines?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

88ogbro67wco.png

So what is done if someone waves a middle finger at one or all of the guidelines?

Probably nothing as I'm sure there will be a lot.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member

88ogbro67wco.png

Someone posted this on Facebook. I thought it was a joke! This is real????
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    As of a few weeks ago, our governor wants us to wear masks in between bites while eating in restaurants.

It is unbelievable.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,420 Member
    Saw the Darwin family at Sam's tonight. Husband, wife, 3 sons all low rider masks. Sam's had a display of retro arcade games by the entrance, every member of the family pawed all over them.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,948 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Someone knocked loudly on my door this afternoon, going door to door with a clipboard and a mask that he immediately pulled down when he began speaking. I told him to stay back if he was going to do that (he had stepped off the porch before I opened the door but began walking toward me after he pulled the mask down).

I didn't listen to much of his spiel, as it started by implying he was from my electric utility when I don't think he was (different company name on his shirt -- I read all my bill inserts, so if it were an affiliate company, I think I would know). He also seemed to want to come inside for an energy audit -- no way if the first thing you do is take the mask off. Everybody who has come to house from various legit service companies (plumbing, heating system, etc.) since March has been very good about wearing masks the whole time. Scammers need to get their act together if they want their con(fidence) act to work.

On the upside, I'm finished with my quarantine after my exposure to someone who tested positive (we both wore our masks while we were talking together, outside, so I'm not surprised I never had any symptoms -- I didn't get tested, so I can't swear I wasn't infected). Going to head out to the post office in a bit with some bills I've been waiting to pay until my quarantine was over. Maybe I'll pick up some food while I'm out. Whoo-hoo, living large. :smile:

You handled that situation really well. I don't think that guy was genuine at all.

Recently had issues with our home phone. The company called to confirm the technician's visit time and assured us that he would be wearing a mask and following all the mandatory COVID19 protocols.

As to those bills you were waiting to go out and pay after quarantine, this virus has taught a lot more people about online bill payment systems. I was gradually evolving over the last few years, but during the lockdown it wasn't possible to go out to pay anything, so my list is now complete. One company has a slogan - why stand in line when you can pay online?

I pay most things online, but these two I used to go out of my way to pay in person on my way to work as an excuse to take an extra long walk. The last time I looked at their online payment site, they had really onerous user terms where you give up way too much in privacy and liability (both liability they ask you to assume and liability they ask you to relieve them of), plus fees for the privilege of paying online.

They send the paper bills really early, and even without extra exercise (since I'm WFH), it's nice to occasionally have an excuse to get out of the house, and the car does need to be taken out on the road occasionally to keep it in running condition. I've gone two and even three weeks between drives sometimes during the last seven months.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »

88ogbro67wco.png

Nothing. It's not enforceable. They're just hoping that people will see the guidelines and be more thoughtful and cautious this season. Maybe try to adhere somewhat to it. Better than putting out no guidance at all and people just think it's business as usual.
    How do you think that? Scofflaw?
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,045 Member
    edited October 2020
    For those who will have family/college kids staying with you over the holidays, how are preparing your homes?

We bought this last year for one daughter’s bedroom because she complained of allergies. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VGIGVY
    DH thinks it’s all placebo and actually does nothing. It purports to have UV radiation in addition to hepa filter. My dentist put them in all his exam rooms after reopening. I’m wondering if it would help to have one in each person’s room, just to minimize circulation of anything that they might exhale. When anyone in our family had to quarantine during the summer, they spent ALL their time in their room or outside. (With room service provided by moi.) we also worked on making outdoor spaces better for colder weather.

What do you guys think? Do the stand alone air filters make a difference?

Im also interested in how you’re preparing mentally.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Yesterday it was reported here that some restaurants (Minnesota Twin Cities metro area) are voluntarily closing until Spring. Winter came early this year, and outside dining isn’t realistic, or desirable. It’s not economically feasible for many of them to stay open at such limited capacity. Covid is spiking here, as it is in so many places in our country. Positivity rate was at a little over 11% yesterday.

JW, for those in California, how, or even will, your state be enforcing their new guidelines? Do they think people will just follow them because it will slow the spread. How’s that working for masks and social distancing throughout the country. Apparently not well.