NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @mswatson0777 How to not go stircrazy.......I think have a lot of virtual connections other than work meetings. I think keeping to a good schedule is important. Just like you would while at work. Get out and get some fresh air. I know it's cold but it breaks up the monotony Do you have a patio or porch? Maybe have your lunch out there since it would be the hottest part of the day. Keep low cals foods around to snack on if you get the urge to snack. Oh I'm so sorry about your grandpa. It's so scary. Hopefully he'll be back home soon. I just want this thing to be over so we can have holidays like we are supposed to. One of my favorite things is the Macy's parade on Thanksgiving so I can wave at Santa at the end. I guess it's going to be virtual this year.

@cbabie You're still in the game. That's good. I didn't track yesterday. But I track 99% of the time and I will track . today. Yaaay on the walk. Knock on wood. I have no idea but I do know you have me singing the song in my head now.

@trooworld How much did you improve over last week on your goals? Yaaaay on lights. I got 50% yesterday. Did you figure out your project you were sewing? That bookclub watch party sounds fun. What movie did you see? We had zoom bookclub last night. Nice discussion. We are reading The Silent Patient for next month.

@teresaw1020 So list out for me all the reasons you hate tracking. I just see it as a roadmap or like a pattern that Troo is doing. MFP makes it so easy to track. If it took hours then I would hate it too. I just see it as click click click and then I'm done. I bet it doesn't even take me a full minute. I should time it. Just did and 41 seconds. Of course if it's a new recipe then it would take longer. But the good news is that you are hitting new records of low numbers so it must be working for you. You said You know what you should be eating and when you eat too much of it. Yes but then we all wouldn't be in this group trying to lose weight. Iol For me it's like a speedometer, sometimes I don't realize I'm traveling 90 mph down the highway when a good song comes on the radio. But it's something I can check to keep me from getting a ticket from the health police. I was reading your comments to Troo about her water and thought of my own problem. I haven't figured out the right thing yet to get 100%. I've tried the alarms on my phone, more than one water app. I hated that one where I always killed my plants. lol Too many water bottles that I can count. My latest one was the fruit infusion water bottle. I thought I would like the pretty colors of the fruit and that would help me drink it. Nope. I suppose I've made tracking and exercise a habit so one day water and food will come next.

Green- didn't track
    Intentional movement: 33 min walk 22 min strength training
    36 zone minutes minus 4 for inactivity 4/8 (funny how it I lost points when I had almost 9000 steps. oh well, guess I sat too much in between)

November goals:

Green dot day ???
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories o:)
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait - done
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie Can you go back and try to track what you ate? I find that helps me. I hope you feel better! <3 I'm glad I have lights, too lol.

@mswatson0777 Alcohol did help somewhat. Well, there was a 30-minute pre-movie chat over Zoom which absolutely sucked. More on that below. Please keep us posted about your grandfather. I'm glad he's not worse, that's great. Happy 8 year dating anniversary! I hope you enjoy the takeout and the movie.

@theslightedgeforever Not much at all to not at all. I am going to try to be more focused this week. I got 50% yesterday, too. No, I am still struggling with my project but my best friend is going to try to help me over video chat. She lives in CO. We watched "The Bookshop." It was historical fiction and it was really good, I recommend it. It was fun, kind of. More below. I have read the Silent Patient. I didn't like it, I hope you do though. I liked it until near the end.

Hi all. So the Amazon watch party with my book club: We had a 30-minute pre-movie chat session over Zoom and I felt absolutely out of place. When I logged on, everyone was already actively engaged in conversation and not one of them welcomed me or said "HI" or anything via talk or chat. Everyone knew everyone else (besides me) and I felt so alone and unwelcomed. I didn't say anything the whole 20 minutes I was in the Zoom session. The movie was good, it was "The Bookshop", a historical fiction based on a novel. I did better in the Amazon Watch Party as I could type what I wanted to say and have no fear of people looking at me. I don't think I made any friends, but I didn't make any enemies either lol. I gained 2.2 lbs this week, not the direction I wanted to go in but it's not a surprise as I ate noodles for dinner yesterday and had homemade caramel corn with the movie. Plus, I didn't eat that well this week. That's about it!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 15-Nov 21:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 25% yesterday. I don't seem to do much on Fridays. If it's my R&R days that a take twice a month even less...... lol So I'm working on how to just do the bare minimum so I can make it a win win for myself. I'm glad you friend will help you. I like historical fiction so I might like that movie.

Yellow- didn't track fully
    Intentional movement: rest day
    2 zone minutes minus 1 for inactivity 7/8

November goals:

Green dot day ???
    Burn 300 calories****
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie I think being your twin would be awesome! But then The Slightedge would be my sister!! Hmm? Kidding!! :D I’m all about changing the perspective if what you are trying to do isn’t working for you. I think counting calories is great for some people, but it might not be for you. I can’t wait to see how good the church will look this year. I have been wanting to change things up for years but didn’t want to take the lead. Well, I had no choice because no one else would step up and do it. And now my vision will be fulfilled. :grin:

@mswatson0777 Happy dating anniversary! My DH and I celebrate the day we met more than we do our wedding anniversary since that is the day our lives changed forever. <3 I hope you have a lovely time together! As for tips to being home all the time. In the early months, it was harder because there was no church and no work for me to really do anymore. I also didn't want to go out much because the virus was scary and the mask was the worst in the summer! :s That is when I got into jigsaws and podcasts. I’ve always been pretty good at keeping myself entertained and my DH is retired, and my mom lives with us, so I’m never really alone. You are a social person too and you have to find ways to stay busy and connected to those that are close to you the best you can. I’m sorry that your area is back under stronger lockdowns. I think we are all praying for the vaccines to begin.

@theslightedgeforever You right that tracking is fast and I have it down to where I can do it in seconds too. But truthfully, it comes down to two reasons. First, I just don't want to, and second, since I read "The Obesity Code" by Dr. Jason Fung and "Fast Feast Repeat" by Gin Stephen’s and have listened to a bunch of other people on podcasts and YouTube, I just don’t buy into the belief that weight loss is all about calories in vs. calories out. Not all calories are the same and no two bodies will treat them like they are. A 100 calorie Snickers bar is not the same as 100 calories of Broccoli. The same is true for 100 calories of steak vs 100 calories of ground beef. The body is very complex and it breaks down calories very differently depending on what it is. Will we gain weight if we eat too many calories? Yes, of course! But I also don’t think setting an arbitrary number on how many calories I’m “supposed” to eat is the way to go either. When I did calorie counting or WW points, I didn’t even bother to try to listen to my hunger and satiety hormones. If I had 100 extra calories or 5 extra WW points that meant that I could eat something even if I wasn’t hungry. My cravings ruled me much more than my body did. I think not having the ability to listen to my body is something I lost a long time ago and for the first time, I think I’m starting to figure it out. Anyway, as you can tell I can literally talk about this subject forever, and will if you give me a chance. :grin But, you are very correct in saying we all have to find what will work for us and there really is no one set way to lose weight. The key is to find what will work and continue working for the long haul.

@trooworld Uggghhh sorry you felt out of place in the Zoom meeting. I tried that with a Bible study back in late March when the shutdowns first started. A friend invited me to join hers and everyone knew each other except for me. They were nice but I didn’t like it or return the following week. Will you return to yours? Can you just do the watch party if that is what you want to do? Girl, if I had homemade caramel corn my weight would be up too! You ever think that your amazing ability to cook is part of your issue with the scale. :D You will get it off. <3

Hello everyone! Today, I cleaned my sofa and chair with my Bissell Little Green Machine that I bought last month. It worked great and my furniture looks so nice now! My dog treats them like giant napkins, which is super annoying. Remember that I had ordered that new white chair that will come in at the end of February. I told DH that I want to get rid of the old chair soon and then train Maggie when the new one comes to stay off of it. I didn’t do much else today except for some computer work for the church. This evening DH has a college football game to watch so I will get the living room to myself. I’m thinking General Hospital and sorting pieces in a new puzzle I want to start. :grin:
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Sunday!!! Hope everyone is doing well! Just stopping in real quick to say Hi. My friend and I are going to be starting lifting weights together via Zoom. We usually attend Zumba classes via Zoom and she just came up with the idea that we can lift weights through it. It’s going to be a busy week ahead. Trying to fit 5 days worth of work into 3 and to top that off they tripled the amount of work so it’ll be busy. Thankful that I have a job and it’s not slowing down anytime soon. And I actually get 2 days off! Thanksgiving and the day after. Will be a nice little break. I’ll get my tree that I tagged and start decorating. It’s my favorite time of the year and with this year being the way it is I want to DECORATE lol.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

CW 220
    HW 223
    GW 110
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Keep trying, you'll improve. I got 50%, I switched to drinking out of my fun tumbler with a straw. I enjoy historical fiction, too. My favorite was The Nightingale.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! It sounds like you experienced something similar in your Zoom. I think I will return, maybe eventually they will "let me into their pack" lol. Yes, I definitely think my husband and I's ability to cook interferes with the scale! Unfortunately, it means that anything we desire, we can cook. Good to know about the Bissell Little Green Machine. My dog wipes his face and everything else all over the furniture, it could surely use a cleaning. We have a cover over the couch which is washable but I'd love to clean under the cover. Enjoy your evening me-time! :)

@gemwolf110 That's a good idea to buddy up over Zoom. Enjoy your holiday and days off!

Hi all. I decided to weigh daily starting today for a bit. I'm down 1.2 lbs since yesterday, I hope the trend continues. I don't have much planned for today, just reading. I only have to work on Monday and then I'm off the rest of the week yay!!!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 22-Nov 28:
  • trooworld
    Good morning! I sign every post I create on one of MFP's message boards with the word "COMMITTED". It is my word for 2020. I'd like to talk about how I have been "COMMITTED" to things in 2020.

In the sense that I visited the MFP community nearly every day, if not every day, in 2020 so far. It helps me when I stay connected to my virtual friends.
    In the sense that I've managed to track, to some degree if not 100%, every day since March when I joined WW again.
    In the sense that I have made attempts to reach my weekly goals every week.
    In the sense that, although I've struggled, I have not given up.

I am thinking of words for 2021 and have come up with some. I will let you know on Jan 1st what I decided!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 22-Nov 28:
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I'm excited you still get to see the parade even if it is virtual. This year is going to be really tough around the holidays not seeing everyone, we are fully expecting to get some of the holiday sads. And I can tell you live in a warm climate suggesting taking lunch outside lol. Most days through the winter the high is 20 degrees if we're lucky! Thank you for the tips on scheduling though, I agree that's a great idea!

@trooworld I love the idea of setting a yearly word intention. My word this year was Thrive, which I think I've done all considering with the pandemic. Congratulations on the loss! And sorry the Zoom meeting sucks, what a bummer that no one even welcomed you into the room! I'm glad it got better after that.

@gemwolf110 I'm similarly excited for the four day weekend, it's going to be a needed break. I love working out with friends over Zoom, it is such a great way to connect without getting Zoom fatigue from just staring at the screen!

@TeresaW1020 Those are great tips, thank you! And I love that you and your DH also celebrate the day you met. We're kind of in the same boat because we were thoroughly committed long before we got legally married (we were together over 7 years by the time we got engaged!) so being married didn't feel all that different to us than the life we had before. I might have to start finding puzzles, I need some things to mix it up!

Happy Monday All! I am definitely dragging today, we partied a little too hard on Saturday since our closest friends are moving to Utah so it was the last hurrah of the quaranteam all together. It's probably for the best that we're dropping down to 4 members instead of 6. With the numbers rising it just means less possibility for exposure.

I did get some work done on my final class project which feels good. Work has already been a challenge this morning, I've had three meetings and it's not even 9:30. Wish me luck that I make it through the day unscathed.

• TeresaW1020
    @gemwolf110 What a great idea to do weight lifting with your friend! You will for sure help motivate each other and have fun doing it. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and time off. And get to decorating!! I’ve been done for almost two weeks now. :grin:

@trooworld, yes I highly recommend the Little Green Machine! My sofa is a silver polyester that looks like crushed velvet and I thought it was just a little dirty. It was super dirty and now it just shines and feels so soft. I will definitely be cleaning it more often! :D I think it’s fine to weigh in daily as long as you accept the fact that your weight will fluctuate with the different foods you eat and your hormones. I weigh daily and plug it into the Happy Scale app, which I like because it also gives me a running average for the week. I LOVE that you looked back over this year and realized just how much you have stayed committed to your goals! I can’t wait to hear your word for 2021 and now you have inspired me to choose one too. :)

@mswatson0777 Sorry, you are losing part of your friend group. Glad you had a good time sending them off. I wish you luck with your workweek. I assume you will get a long weekend with Thanksgiving to enjoy yourself. Are you cooking for just you and your husband? Or??? You should totally get some puzzles!! ;)

Good morning! I have been a busy girl the last two days. Yesterday after church, DH and I went out shopping for my mom. I got her several nice things and still have a few other ideas. She has been doing all her shopping online and I swear she is getting deliveries every day! :D This morning I got up and took the dog to doggie daycare since the landscapers are here and she wouldn’t appreciate their efforts to beautify our yard. Then I went to Aldis so I could beat the crowd. I contacted this lady on Marketplace for some puzzles she was selling, and it turns out that she is the mom of a very good friend that I used to work with years ago. She is coming to the house and I’m looking forward to seeing her again. Now I need to go think of my 2021 word! :grin:
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Keep doing what you are doing it's working. I always wanted another sister just like I wanted another daughter but God decided one was enough for both.

@gemwolf110 That's a great way to use Zoom. Plus it keeps you both accountable. Enjoy your decorating

@trooworld I got 50%. I loved the Nightingale. Has the movie come out yet? Yaaay for your scale being down. I think I will always have daily fluctuations but my overall trend for Oct and November has been in the green going down. Great little message on you being committed this year. I know I chose a word in the beginning of the year but I honestly don't remember what it was. I wish this forum had a search function.

@mswatson0777 How was your weekend eating? Dh and I were together 5 years before we got married but then lived apart for almost 2 more years because of his job. So I understand what you mean.

Yellow- Went Over 166/164
    Intentional movement: 52 min walk
    29 zone minutes minus 1 for inactivity 7/8

November goals:

Green dot day :( ???
    Burn 300 calories o:)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thrive is a great word for the year and I'd say you've done a good job at it! Thanks re: the loss. I'm finding it motivating to weigh every day. Sorry you were dragging, I hate having to work feeling like that. Geez, your work is certainly busy!

@TeresaW1020 Wow, that's great! I wish the Happy Scale app was available on Android (I don't do Apple). I am using an app to track my weight which is okay, it's called "Monitor Your Weight". I just looked up another one called "Libra" and I'm going to try that, it has a "trend line" and I think averages out for the week. I'm glad I inspired you! :) LOL your mom is quite the shopper! I'm like that during certain periods of the year. That was a good idea to go to Aldis today. I've already got my Thanksgiving shopping done, thankfully! What a coincidence about the puzzles.

@theslightedgeforever I got 30% yesterday, I will keep trying. I don't think the Nightingale movie has come out yet, I look forward to it though. That's good that your trend has been down. I hope the same for me, although I suspect it will be up after Thanksgiving. Maybe you put your word for the year in Penzu?

Hello all. My weight continues to trend down although, after Thanksgiving, it will surely be up. My plan for Thanksgiving is to eat anything I want in moderation and enjoy it. I will have one day of leftovers (Friday) and that is it, anything left over from that I hope my husband will agree to throw away or freeze for later. I'm off starting today until next Monday. Monday, I will go back to work full-time which is just in time: we've been eating away our savings with me working part-time.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 22-Nov 28:
  • trooworld
    Hey guys, I wanted to share an idea with you that I saw on another board I visit. It's called a GOAL LADDER. You basically make a list of weight-loss milestones and check them off as you go along. Here is an example of the woman that came up with its goal ladder: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AustinRuadhain/view?id=got-through-a-sick-week-with-progress-958537

I think it will be really motivating, I made one for myself with my own milestones.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 22-Nov 28:
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm just cooking for my husband, and then one friend who would otherwise be alone for Thanksgiving. We're keeping it very isolated because the numbers around here are BANANAS! Smart idea running to Aldi's before the crowds. I LOVE their Thanksgiving deals, I swear it makes it one of the cheapest meals of the year after all the sales. Glad you get to catch up with your friend and that you get more puzzles!

@trooworld It sounds like you have a great plan for after Thanksgiving! And I'm glad you're back to full time for the holidays, it's always so stressful to lose expected income.

@theslightedgeforever Long distance is so hard! I'm impressed that you both were able to do it for so long. Was the transition a challenge after? My weekend eating was okay, although I definitely had too many calories from drinking on Saturday. This is our last friend party for a long time though so I'll have some time to recoup.

Happy Tuesday All! I woke up early today and did an hour Total Body Core workout which felt really good. I'm still struggling a lot with professional motivation. I think a lot of it is COVID stress and fatigue. The burnout struggle is real. At the end of the day I just end up falling on the couch and mindlessly scrolling Reddit while watching TV because I have no energy for anything else.

My goal for the weekend is to write 10 pages of my dissertation, which I think is well within reach. And only one month until the long holiday break which will feel even better.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 100% I need to check my Marco Polo. I think I told my word to my accountability group on Jan 1. Maybe they remember. I checked through all of my Penzu journals thinking I had written it down but couldn't find it. Hooray for a downward trend. I have a goal ladder that I made out of paper clips. I hang it on a white board and then write down my starting and ending weight. It has 10 rungs. Then I use a little owl magnet that I climb.

@mswatson0777 Do you have built in relaxation times during the day? Or is it just go go go and then you fall on the couch. I came across an article today. I like his compass idea. https://amyporterfield.com/transcript-how-to-design-your-ideal-week-with-michael-hyatt/ Yaaay on your workout to energize you.
    Funny, back then dh and I still wrote letters and made phone calls. I think long distance relationships would be easier now with technology. Hardest part was me having to cook. I was fine with just having a bowl of cereal or a sandwich. But now someone else depending on me to feed them. We've always had traditional roles which I like except if he would also do the cooking. lol

Yellow- Stayed OP 132/164 .
    Intentional movement: rest day
    0 zone minutes minus 4 for inactivity 4/8

November goals:

Green dot day o:)
    Drink 6 glasses of water o:)
    Burn 300 calories ****
  • TeresaW1020

@mswatson0777 I didn’t go to Aldis for years because I didn’t understand it and thought it was low-quality food. I was soooo wrong! Their meats are always great, and I love their specialty cheeses. I’m doing a big fancy charcuterie board for my Christmas party and Aldis is saving me so much money that I can splurge on a few things like a really good Blue Cheese from Trader Joes. :D Good for you for getting your workout done. I’m still struggling with my back and will probably take another day off and get back to it tomorrow. I’m so sorry that you are struggling so much. I know that the COVID scares are real but we just can’t let it control our emotions. We have to do the best we can and hope that it’s enough. Plus, I don’t see you as being very lazy if you are going to write 10 pages this weekend. You go, girl!! B)

@trooworld I hadn’t read that post by Austin yet and that is a wonderful idea!! I think I will make one too and see if it helps keep me motivated to push to that next milestone. I think accepting that our weight will be up after Thanksgiving is good. We should enjoy the day and then we should get right back on track. For me I have the Christmas party on 12/4 so I hope to get whatever I gain from Thanksgiving off, enjoy the party, and then get that gain off too in time for Christmas. Tis the season!! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever Well, since I really don’t talk to my sister anymore and my daughter is enjoying life in Heaven, I think I will just let you and cbabie adopt me. I can already picture the fun we would all have at the family reunion. :D

Hi everyone! Mom and I got up and went to Walmart at 8:30 am and then of course I had to leave a bag behind and drive back up there to retrieve it. Most annoying!! I was going to work out, but my back is acting up so instead, I think I’ll go wrap presents and do some housework. I’m getting excited for Thanksgiving! I bought a boneless spiral ham and will have mashed cauliflower, gravy, stuffing, creamed spinach, and cranberry sauce. For dessert, DH is going to buy a Publix 6” apple pie and a small pint of vanilla ice-cream. I also got a quart of almond milk eggnog to go with the dessert. So what are you all having? What’s your favorite food? Mine is the stuffing!! <3
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi all,..I have been working on my advent calendars but just took a break for lunch & to start some stroganoff in the crockpot. Not sure the calendars will be done in time, but hopefully not too much later, lol. Rainy, icky day today. We had about 1 1/2" snow yesterday that I was not expecting, but it is gone now.

@TeresaW1020 Sorry you left a bag behind. Last week we did an online order for pickup & they didn't give us all of it, but we got some of someone elses. Took about 1 1/2hr in the store to get it straightened out because we didn't have a receipt..it must have gotten put in the sack we didn't get, lol. I am sure your charcuterie board will be fabulous..I remember it from last year.

@theslightedgeforever I love your paperclip ladder idea with the magnet. Yeah, we have traditional roles here, but since we are both retired, I think dh could contribute more. He did everything for 4 months when I broke my leg, & now thinks he's "paid up", lol.

@mswatson0777 I think it is smart to have a smaller Thanksgiving this year. Cases here are wild, too. Wow, just saw we are moving up...we are now #3 in the nation. :/:'( Hope you get some school work done, and also can relax a little.

@trooworld Glad your bathroom is all done finally!! I weigh daily & chart it on Trendweight. Well, I tried for 2 weeks to weigh weekly, but didn't like that. I think I will have to check out the ladder idea.

I was hesitant to ask dd what she thought about Thanksgiving. (the one that lives 10 minutes away). But I finally did, and she said she thought we should not get together. Phew, that was what I was thinking, too. I am not worried about dh & I giving anything (we don't do anything, lol, other than the grocery store fiasco, & that was just dh), but she said there have been a few cases at sil's work, & the school. Said they haven't been close to them, but still thought this was best. So now we each have a big Costco apple pie to eat. (The realtor that we both used has a pie party for Thanksgiving ( but it has been changed this year to just pick up..they will bring it out to the car) & gives all her clients a pie..choice of apple or pumpkin) We both chose apple, we can always pick up a pumpkin one there & they are cheaper, lol.) I may try to freeze part, it is a lot of pie for 2 people!! The gkids school here has gone to online until Dec. 8th. Oh, yeah, gd that was under quarantine never showed symptoms. Glad of that.

Our dd & gkids in OK are under quarantine until the 29th I guess. Went to Sunday School on the 15th & were around a kid that started being sick Sun night. Guess he got tested & is positive, but didn't notify dd until Sat. When she talked to the school, they said the kids should not have been in school all week. But she didn't even know about the kid at that time. :/ She is really not happy. So her Thanksgiving will just be her & the kids. Was going to have her ex over, but he is staying away now. He did drop off some groceries for her, tho, lol. So far, so good with them, no symptoms.

I had gotten an Aldi Butterball turkey, but since it will just be dh & I we are having turkey/stuffing casserole that I have in the freezer & either broccoli or corn. And apple pie & ice cream!!! Maybe I'll crack open the bottle of wine that has been aging in the refrig for about 2 years, lol. We still have an unopened bottle of rum that we got on a Caribbean cruise 13 years ago. Rum punch was served everywhere, so we had to get a bottle. For some reason, it doesn't sound as appealing here. Guess we are just not big drinkers, lol.

Well, going back to work. If I don't get on again for awhile...hope everyone has a safe & good Thanksgiving!!

• trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thanks, I hope I don't gain too much from the one day. I'm glad I'm back to full-time, too, even though it was nice just working half days. :) I think we are all getting COVID fatigue, I know I am, too.

@theslightedgeforever Great job! I got 50%. Your goal ladder sounds really cool.

@TeresaW1020 I think it will really help keep me motivated. I'm so glad she posted it. I think you are right about Thanksgiving, I just hope it doesn't take too long to get the gain off. I'm sorry your back is acting up. Your Thanksgiving sounds amazing! My favorite food is the bread and celery stuffing that I make. Here is what else we are having: macaroni and cheese, cornbread dressing that I hate, ham (these three things, my sis-in-law is making), broccoli-cauliflower casserole, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, bread and celery stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, turkey breast, and for dessert: Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake with homemade peanut butter ice cream! I hate the cornbread dressing because they put hardboiled eggs, ground turkey, and chicken gizzards in it. I call it "Frankenstein Dressing" lol.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I love stroganoff! Good luck getting the advent calendars done. I'm glad my bathroom is done, too! That's probably a good idea not to get together. We are just getting together with my sis-in-law, mother-in-law, and brother-in-law...just the 5 of us. I feel pretty safe but I kind of wish we weren't getting together just in case. I wouldn't want to give COVID to my brother-in-law who's immune system is probably shot. I hope your grandkids don't develop symptoms. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Hi all. We are having such a feast tomorrow, I am sure to gain a couple of pounds but I'll enjoy it (see above to @TeresaW1020 for what we are having). I am in the process of making the peanut butter ice cream, I just have to freeze it now. The other stuff, I will start making some of it today. I have to go to the dentist today: they are replacing a bridge that is broken. I'm also getting a cleaning, so I should be there for several hours which I am not looking forward to. Have a great day tomorrow if I don't stop in.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 22-Nov 28:
  • TeresaW1020
    @RetiredAndLovingIt How do you make your advent calendars? I used to buy my daughter the ones where there was chocolate behind the windows. One year she got up extra early and ate all the chocolates! :grin: I LOVE stroganoff! That is a lot of pie! I’m sending DH to Publix for a 6” apple pie that will be just enough for the three of us to have once. That is too bad that your daughter has to quarantine with the kids over Thanksgiving. Yes, crack open that wine or the rum and have some fun!!

@trooworld Frankenstein Dressing! I totally agree that it sounds super gross!! :D I buy boxed stuffing and then sauté onions and celery to doctor it up. Your dessert sounds beyond amazing!! <3 I hope all goes well at the dentist! <3

@cbabie, I hope you are doing OK? <3

Good morning! Not much happening here today. I’m sending DH to the store for some pie and other things I need for tomorrow and also to Hobby Lobby for these red placemats that I just decided I can’t live without. :D I’m going to wrap my mom’s Christmas presents that we have gotten her so far. I think she is going to be really surprised. We wanted to make this year very special for her because she has gone so many years not really getting many wrapped gifts and she is just like me and LOVES getting presents. I had to tell her yesterday to stop buying for DH. He will be so embarrassed with everything she has gotten him. :grin: My weight is holding steady but hasn’t dropped any because I haven’t been very good at doing my 500 calorie days like I was. I am going to do it today and then fast tomorrow until we eat Thanksgiving tomorrow. I’m still sure I will have a gain but maybe I can keep it from being too scary. :#
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning gals, I have had a rough weekend and week. I won't even go into it, but I am back up and running the race again. I have read through all the post, I don't think I can catch up. I am just glad to see that everyone loves to stay in touch and shares your wins and losses.

We are going over to my oldest daughters today to celebrate 2 birthdays. I have struggled all week to try and decide if this is the best thing to do with the virus and other people in my life who don't seem to care if they "give " the gift of illness..LOL. But I have decided that this is best that we do this today as its important and me and my DH and baby girl have not been ill. Who would have thought that you would have to decide to get with family based on a virus you may or may not have. Used to you got with family if you wanted to or if you were the black sheep and did't want to and were forced to. LOL.

I have not tracked and I did WI on Monday and I was up 2lbs. So we will see next Monday. Thankfully Thanksgiving is NOT one of my favorite holidays.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Yellow- Went Way over 256/164 .
    Intentional movement: 36 min strength train 20 min walk
    16 zone minutes minus 3 for inactivity 5/8

November goals:

Green dot day :(
    Burn 300 calories :|
    Preplan food o:)