The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Hooray @RubyRed427!! 3 months is huge! It is kind of crazy how the time seems to quickly add up (Although for some reason @FeelinFooFoo's days seem to go faster than mine :D ) That is something to really celebrate.

I had the honor of being asked by Kate Bee to film a short video about what her class has done for me. She would use it on her blog with the other short testimonials to encourage new students. At first I said yes and was very flattered. But then I decided I would not mind "outing" myself with name and pictures among this group or her Sober School class group, but having it out there for any "passerby" to check out is probably not the wisest thing for me. The Internet is forever, as we all know. So I'm going to email her and decline. But anyway . . . just being asked to be an example of a "success story" was mind-blowing to me. Five months tomorrow, but I realize that is WAYYY early days. Another reason I feel it's too soon to put myself out there as any kind of example.

Wow! That is an honor! I am so happy for you! Yes, perhaps, being outed as a problem drinker may not be a good thing. I never thought of that. But you are a success story!! Keep it up!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed I will be joining that forum! Thank you!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @whitpauly I wonder where Whit is these days! I hope you're ok. I was just looking at a thread from 2018 and saw a few familiar friends.
    @salleewins How' life?

• RubyRed427
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    @RubyRed427, good for you for starting the other challenge. I’ve lost a steady 6 lbs./month since I quit drinking July 6 (Hey! 5 months tomorrow I just realized). I know my metabolism won’t do 30 by March although I do have probably 40 more to lose to be where I’d like to be. So I won’t join that challenge but will lurk and get inspiration. Today has been a crazy day. I really wanted to eat like a maniac, drink alcohol, and go to bed with my makeup on. My inner rebel was screaming at me all day for some odd reason. But I’m propped up in bed, moisturizer on face, Pellegrino on the nightstand. Just read through your challenge thread and that helped me be content with the perfectly satisfying and healthy dinner I ate at 6:30. I’m too old to blame PMS. Heck, I’m too old to blame menopause!

I think I am overly ambitions with "by March". 30 pounds til summer here works too!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo , I think you are smart to treat sobriety as almost a full time job at first. One of the best analogies I read compared early sobriety to pregnancy, a time when a woman has no hesitation to put almost all her energies into that very important time and experience.

My eating and drinking temptations came on together yesterday so I think I’m discovering that for me if one slips the other is in danger. I didn’t really realize that until yesterday. But I guess it’s why I’ve consistently lost weight during the last 154 days (Yep. That’s me counting)! Mediterranean eating is so yummy although I’m not following any system, but I think that’s pretty much what healthy eating looks like for me. Nuts, avocados, tons of produce, fake beer (Ha!)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021 - this is the thread title; it's under "challenges".

@JenT304 Thanks for the plug.

I just arbitrarily picked March but everyone sets their own goal.