The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    aroze0928 wrote: »
    Thanks @lorrainquiche59. It feels most of the time the guilt will never go away..not just with drinking but other areas of my life. I appreciate these words. I really have to work on it. That and a whole bunch of other stuff lol.
    We usually drink to forget and now that we dont do that the feelings are all out there loud and clear and theres no booze to quiet it down.

You're singing my tune sista!! LOL I should lend you the sign my friend made me years ago when I was FILLED to the ying-yang with guilt...3 simple words NO MORE GUILT !! Go on youtube and put in guilt & it will come up with all kinds of help for working through it! At least giving you some ideas what may be fueling yours. Hope the best for you.

AND YES YES YES, once we stop boozing our feelings away they come back to confront us full force and although it isn't an easy process, eventually we will be free to live a much fuller life. We're on our way! ;)
  • lorrainequiche59
    Another quiet weekend here. It is a lovely evening in my part of the world and I'm sitting on my patio writing this. I am dog sitting for a couple of weeks for a couple who are in Europe...they travel extensively and I am blessed to be able to care for their canine pal.

I hope that everyone is having a happy, healthy AF weekend :)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @tifano Thank you so much for this amazing, heart wrenching and heart inspiring post. I read it like a life line of hope. I stumble and try again. I don't feel hopeless, because I will never ever give up. I absolutely appreciate checking up on me and us. I will read this again and just try to let it seep into my brain. There is a lot of justification that goes on in the alcoholic's mind. I do see through my own B.S. most of the time! :)

Thanks again for stopping by!! Sending you a warm hug. xo <3
  • RubyRed427
    Another quiet weekend here. It is a lovely evening in my part of the world and I'm sitting on my patio writing this. I am dog sitting for a couple of weeks for a couple who are in Europe...they travel extensively and I am blessed to be able to care for their canine pal.

I hope that everyone is having a happy, healthy AF weekend :)

I know you enjoy dog sitting. Hopefully no cameras!! :D
    *If I remember correctly the story.
  • RubyRed427
    aroze0928 wrote: »
    Thanks @lorrainquiche59. It feels most of the time the guilt will never go away..not just with drinking but other areas of my life. I appreciate these words. I really have to work on it. That and a whole bunch of other stuff lol.
    We usually drink to forget and now that we dont do that the feelings are all out there loud and clear and theres no booze to quiet it down.

Guilt is a wicked thing. I have it too. And probably every single person on this thread has had it. Sometimes when I am feeling guilty, I find a helpful youtube about guilt and how it takes away the present moment where we are doing just fine and drags us back to relive those horrible times. I know I say this often but we did the best we could at that time. Just like we'd tell our dear friend, I forgive you. I love you. The only thing you get from looking into the past is a stiff neck! ;)
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    You made me laugh Ruby. You're right! I get a stiff neck often. I am going to look into those videos.
    Its been a busy weekend and boy they go by quick.
    @tifano congratulations on your sobriety. Thats a haul. I hope you are well and good luck on all the challenges you face. You're a brave woman.
  • lorrainequiche59
    @tifano Thank you for sharing more of your story. <3 What a struggle, but you have developed the courage to continue to struggle and that is inspiring for us all here.

@RubyRed427 LOL Yes, no cameras at my place. I did confront the female of the other dog sitting gig with the camera situation. I left it for a bit wondering if she would mention it to me, but she didn't so I decided I could practice my assertiveness skills by addressing the issue and keeping it simple and direct...voila!! Practice makes almost perfect!

Hoping everyone a courageous, successful AF day!! <3
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Hi everybody friend of bill w in Northern Iowa checking in!
  • lorrainequiche59
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »
    Hi everybody friend of bill w in Northern Iowa checking in!

Hi Friend of Bill W in Northern Iowa...WELCOME :)
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Thanks, Quiche for reminding us that have been quiet, that our voices matter here and we need to check in every once in a while out loud. I wonder if people that are still drinking feel like they can't comment. PLEASE DO. No one is here to judge anyone else. That is not and never has been what this thread is about. We are here to support each other regardless of where you are in your relationship with alcohol.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Welcome, @mobuckl !
  • lorrainequiche59
    Welcome @mobuckl. Glad to know you're out there :)

@RubyRed427 My heart goes out to you cause I know your path is not easy and as you shared after all the activity and once life begins to settle down, the feelings are surfacing. Although you don't regret divorcing it IS a loss and there is a grieving process just like any other loss. I could remind you of all the reasons alcohol is not the answer, but you know all the reasons it isn't the answer. I understand the craving to numb the loneliness and pain too. We all have our own path and process. My hope for you is that you will find peace within your process. I'm still trying to work out my food issue so I don't feel like I can offer any wisdom for anyone else's "whatever" issue. Just please know I care and hope you find your way.