The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I'm still here.. struggled a bit, but still working on it. I believe norm's challenge started March 1.. definitely in March though.. Hope everyone is well!

Thank you...I was just curious about Norm's challenge...so I suppose it's old news now LOL Anyway, glad you're still working on it. :)
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    Checking in. I have failed on my sobriety journey. I think the thing is I can do my life, I don't black out, I don't have real issues but I know it is holding me back. to deal with work stress and loneliness I drink. I wish I would stop.Maybe I will try the alcoholic experiment again. It worked well before for 2 months but obviously did not work long term for me.

Thank you for checking in. Perhaps it isn't that you've "failed" at your sobriety journey, but whatever you are going through right now is part of that journey. Obviously, you have felt at some point that alcohol is a problem for you on some level or you wouldn't be on this thread. So the fact that you recognize that alcohol is "holding you back" may be the beginning of your journey, but you haven't quite figured out if you want to give it up completely just yet. And the fact that you "wish you could stop" and that you're considering the alcohol experiment once more indicates that you're not ready to give up trying. At some point you will make a decision one way or the other, but for now perhaps you could think of it as being in the process of making that decision.

I hope you continue to check in.
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »
    I just got off of probation after 5 years so now that the heat is off alcohol has been on the fore front more often but I’m still keeping my daily reprieve going

It can be a daily struggle but worth the effort and one day it could be less & less of a struggle if that's what you want it to be. Hoping the best for you.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Hello to all my Sober Squad friends...I'm hoping everyone is on vacation and having a wonderful time and that is why the thread is SO quiet once again. I realize that everyone who reads doesn't necessarily comment, but what would be lovely is if those who read could once in awhile just say, "Hi" to let us know you're there.

Anyhoo, all is well in my part of the "hood" and what I have been wondering lately is about the 3 month challenge started by @NormInv . If you are somewhere out there lurking @NormInv , please remind me when that started...I was thinking May? which would mean it is completed or almost completed. I know I could go back a million & one pages, but I won't...so if anyone can remember please remind moi.

I truly hope that everyone is well.

ahhh the 3 month challenge! i think i lost track of it but i am sure all of you did great on it :)
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh @lorrainquiche59 I am so sorry. Please take care and I hope you find peace getting through with this difficult time. I'm glad you know that one or two or three wines isn't enough so why bother.
    Check in when you can. 💓
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I am sure I speak for the entire family here that you have our deepest condolences. I will be praying for you and sending love and light your way. You are such an important part of our "squad" and we all wish you comfort in your time of sorrow. *HUGS*
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 my deepest sympathies to you. I’m so sorry.
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I am so very sorry for your loss!
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear that I’ll be praying for you and yours
  • Tenacity149
    Tenacity149 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I’m so sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathies to you. (((HUGS)))
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 You are so loving and strong. And it's ok to be weak too and cry hard. I am so relieved you didn't turn to alcohol. I'm very proud of you. I am happy you wrote your piece to give you some outlet. We are here for you, hugs, prayers and love.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I am thinking of you so much. Sending you love and hugs.