The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Lorraine I'm so sorry about your brothers passing!😥 I haven't been around cuz tbh I was drinking last week ALOT everyday! My family got mad,sad, concerned about me and I just couldn't stop I was just so out of control 😭 day 4 and yeah I still feel rough but I'll get through, have a great AF day all

Happens to the best of us!! Be gentle with yourself. Move on. One day at a time is all you can focus on.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Lorraine I'm so sorry about your brothers passing!😥 I haven't been around cuz tbh I was drinking last week ALOT everyday! My family got mad,sad, concerned about me and I just couldn't stop I was just so out of control 😭 day 4 and yeah I still feel rough but I'll get through, have a great AF day all

SO happy to hear from you...I MISSED YOU <3 We ALL missed you! Ditto to Ruby's loving words to you :)

THANK YOU for all the <3 & hugs from everyone.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    @whitpauly Most of us here can relate. I'm glad you are back <3
  • RubyRed427
    edited July 2019
    Today is the WORST temptation day yet...I've been off work the past two days and have been in contact with family via text, FB and phone...I've really needed some alone time to bawl away even though there are times I feel SO alone, but I really need to be...my friend who has been there for me this weekend from the first horrible day, is taking me out to the beach for a walk down the sand and for Chinese food later...I NEED an escape from myself right now and hopefully will delay any temptation to numb it out for a moments time...

I've never thought for one second that I had this pesky drinking issue licked and do not think I ever will...it was interesting when I texted my niece who used to be one of my drinking buds, but is still there for me without the booze, but in a different way I suppose, and I told her that I am having difficulty RIGHT NOW and this is my worst temptation EVER she texted back, "DO NOT" and then said she'll call me when my sister who is briefly visiting leaves...THEN a few minutes later she texted that if she "remembered correctly that my goal for stopping was to prove I wasn't an alcoholic and to lose weight which you have accomplished both of those things and I am so proud of you for carrying on this long" end of quote.

HMMMM if I needed any kind of incentive to go get a bottle of wine right now, THAT would be it...but I'm holding off...being with my friend who is NOT a drinker and walking the beach and eating and bitching & chewing about some of the enormous anger I have been feeling in the past two days, especially this day will help diffuse me somewhat...hopefully enough to remember what my TRUE goal was for stopping drinking. I don't KNOW if I am an "alcoholic" per se, but I DO KNOW I have a problem that could definitely be picked up where I dropped it off.

SO this is my reach out to y'all....HOPEFULLY by kicking our thread back on to page one someone will have some words of wisdom for me...please <3

I dont have any wisdom. But I do know you will REGRET it. You will. I always do when I break down. For a few hours of mind numbing experience, you will have a headache, perhaps get sick because you're not used to it, and feel disappointed.
    Tomorrow morning, I promise you that you will feel relieved or at least proud of yourself, that you didn't drink. Hang tough, Lorraine!!!
  • RubyRed427
    The temptation always passes if you wait a little while.
    Also, I would try meditation. Even find a youtube with Craig Beck to distract you. Sending you big hugs!! @lorrainequiche59
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    @RubyRed427 you stole my line I have no wisdom lol. You have plenty. I've read your inspiring words many times...Sorry @lorrainquiche59 your going through a rough time. Stay strong. I have my days too like this past weekend while we were away. I just think why not. It seems to be working for everyone else. I could use a few! But I know me. Giving in never worked for me. I know Ill feel like crap.. I know it'll drag into the next day and probably the day after that. Ive been watching Dr. Charles Stanley his recent show Steps to Wholeness was eye opening. Its about getting through pain.
    Best wishes to all struggling.
  • RubyRed427
    aroze0928 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 you stole my line I have no wisdom lol. You have plenty. I've read your inspiring words many times...Sorry @lorrainquiche59 your going through a rough time. Stay strong. I have my days too like this past weekend while we were away. I just think why not. It seems to be working for everyone else. I could use a few! But I know me. Giving in never worked for me. I know Ill feel like crap.. I know it'll drag into the next day and probably the day after that. Ive been watching Dr. Charles Stanley his recent show Steps to Wholeness was eye opening. Its about getting through pain.

You're very kind. You are very helpful to all of us!
    I haven't heard of Dr. Stanley; I will find him on youtube if I can. I love learning new things especially about getting through pain.

Like many of you know, my children are with my ex on a luxury vacation; it's with many fun loving family members on his side. Sure, I am missing the fun and fellowship. But this week, anytime I have felt sad, missing them, missing the vacation, or lonely, I have stopped my thinking in its tracks. And changed my tune. I know it sounds simple, but it has worked so far.

I said to myself "I'm not the only one who can take care of my kids and love them; my kids are happy on a beach vacation and I am so happy for them. My ex is a good person and he also deserves to have a great time with them....." Seriously, I am convinced more and more that we are our thoughts. And I will not ruin my week or give them negative vibes, just because I'm here alone.

p.s. I have also gone to two AA meetings this week, because I don't want to slip into a bottle head first. The discussion topic tonight was "freedom: how has stopping drinking given you new freedom." I loved hearing everyone's responses. The best one was " I don't have to be handcuffed to a bottle all the time."

• RubyRed427
    @whitpauly How are you? Are you feeling better? :)<3
  • lorrainequiche59
    OMG I'm am killing myself laughing...the stupid auto correct or whatever you call the politically corrector of swearing or rude words kicked in the first time I typed Van *kitten* and corrected it to Van "kitten" OMG are you kidding me!!!!!!?????? I wonder how it will fix it this time if it does cause further on in my above blurb it allowed *kitten*.
  • lorrainequiche59
    Van Dyck might work..anyway if it does it again it was the show with Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van *kitten*
  • lorrainequiche59
    OK Dick Van Dyck it is...I can't believe it is allowing me to type DICK!!! Are you kidding me...I'm still killing myself laughing... :D:D:D
  • lorrainequiche59
    aroze0928 wrote: »

Thank you <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    GOOD Sober AF Or whatever type of Morning, hopefully a good one for all...I have NO regrets from last eve and the two unopened bottles of wine are still on my kitchen counter waiting to be put elsewhere. I came SO close...it feels like I escaped something awful...It feels like the time in the initial phases of my sobriety and my former drinking bud got nailed for her 2nd DUI and for nights I would wake up several times with this feeling of dread thinking THAT could have been ME!! I am SO fortunate that isn't ME!! I am SO fortunate.....right now! <3
  • RubyRed427
    @lorrainequiche59 you did dodge a bullet and a hangover today !! I’m happy for you - and of course if you would have imbibed we would love you too !