Coronavirus prep

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Snowflake - Happy Birthday 🎂
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Italy here. We just had an announcement (last minute) by the government. We're in Lockdown for Christmas-Dec 24th to 27th, then again Dec 29th to Jan 3rd, then again Jan 5th to 7th. All stores, coffee bars, and restaurants are to be closed (we already have had gyms, museums, theaters, sports, etc all closed for 2 months). If you leave your residence you need a permission form downloaded on internet stating your destination and reason. The police will stop and fine anyone noncompliant. No driving anywhere. So, we're trapped in our homes. I've been behind most of the COVID measures in the past, but this time I'm just mad.

Those date ranges seem a little counterproductive, I'd think that would mean everyone would mob the shops on Dec 28th and Jan 4th whether they needed to or not, just to get out of captivity. At the very least, people will be saving their errands for "legal" days.

That's true, but our "legal days" are still strict, and have been for 2 months. What makes me mad is that we're paying for the people who aren't careful enough. There are crowds shopping, in outside bars, etc and are too close together. The great exodus North to South has started. People have to get tested before moving, because there will be check points on the freeways, train stations, and airports. Sigh.

I'm venting, because it means I'll be locked up cooking for everyone--Christmas Eve (fish), Christmas Day, St Stephen's (26th), New Years Eve, New Years Day, and Ephifany. All big holidays here (Italy) with lots of traditional food. I can't even go for a walk in the afternoons, or take a break in a coffee shop with a cappuccino. My son and wife and little kiddies (live across the landing) will be here since she can't be with her parents part of the time (they live outside Rome and the rules say everyone stays home). That means cooking for 6 adults for all these meals. Tomorrow is also my birthday. I'll be 66, great birthday present.

I feel for you. I totally understand because even when I was crippled I still had to make Christmas lunch for everyone. I couldn't walk! It's our choice to say a big NO though if we want to. Get the sons wife to cook maybe or help out or the men? I don't mostly because I know I cook better than them so deal with it all. You are maybe the same. We know you are a good cook. One day I'll say no. lol. Happy birthday. Do spoil yourself somehow, even just a nice long bath and a glass of nice wine.