The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I join the praise for Heineken. Beck's Blue is a close second. And Bravus makes a stout that tastes pretty close to Guinness, if you're a fan. It's nice to have something to take along to occasions like @MissMay mentions.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I know there's been mention of various sober/recovery schools. Can y'all share any recommendations? I've watched a couple of videos from Kate from thesoberschool.com. But the course in Jan is close to $600. Ouch! (Totally worth it if it works--would just love a recommendation.) Looked into Tempest where they have a $150/yr community support level. Thanks in advance!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    Intresting article, hope it posts okay !
    Sir Anthony Hopkins sends emotional message to mark 45 years sober after ‘drinking myself to death’ – Metro
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/29/anthony-hopkins-marks-45-years-sober-after-drinking-myself-to-death-13822582/amp/?ito=upday

That was so lovely! I Love A. Hopkins in many roles. And this is extra special because he is sober.
    It is black and white: do I want to live or die?

Thank you for sharing!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @Beka3695 Your profile pic is so beautiful- you look happy!!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    shredsx wrote: »
    I may be young (lower 20’s) but i have struggled with alcohol on and off since i was young. Today marks one month and one week sober on my first ever attempt and I couldn’t be more proud. To all those working at it you can do it ❤️

Many of us would say "keep it up!!" ; don't waste your time drinking and making bad decisions while drunk.
    I wish I had all those hours back that I spent wasting my time with fellow drinkers who weren't even my friends.
    I'm so proud of you to discover that alcohol has become a problem and not a solution. Congrats on 5 weeks sober!
    You are so brave and smart!