January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    Hi guys - behind on responding to everyone and need to catch up but I wanted to post this here. I just saw an update from @quilteryoyo on the CaringBridge site and thought I would pass it along so you know how great she is doing:
    "The surgery went well. I've walked 3 times today and have all of the tubes out. They say I'm doing great."

Great news @shanaber! Thanks for sharing. Hope @quilteryoyo continues to recover well.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,429 Member
    Thanks for the update @shanaber. So glad to hear @quilteryoyo is doing so well. I had no doubt. She is a strong, tough woman!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Thanks everyone. I scanned your posts. You're doing great.
    I'm sore. I'm guessing this is what it feels like to get beat up really badly. I was glad to get all of the tubes out, but think where the chest tubes were hurts worse with them out. I'm really tired too. Didn't sleep any Thursday night and they've been waking me up every hour to get my blood glucose. They're supposed to stop that tonight. I'm hoping to get to go home Tuesday.

Glad you're on the road to recovery.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Thanks everyone. I scanned your posts. You're doing great.
    I'm sore. I'm guessing this is what it feels like to get beat up really badly. I was glad to get all of the tubes out, but think where the chest tubes were hurts worse with them out. I'm really tired too. Didn't sleep any Thursday night and they've been waking me up every hour to get my blood glucose. They're supposed to stop that tonight. I'm hoping to get to go home Tuesday.
    So happy you’re doing well! I was thinking about you all day!

I’ve been reading all about why they need to take glucose so often after cardiac surgery, since I didn’t know that! Short version: your body doesn’t like being cut open and pumps out a bunch of stress hormones which block the action of insulin so your glucose temporarily shoots through the roof. So they gotta control it so healing can take place. Heart surgery is pretty amazing stuff!