WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    feel melancholy -not the best feeling - but there are worse feelings.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🖤🤎💚💛❤️🧡💜💙
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    Flea: We also have a double sink in the kitchen. The right side is smaller and includes a food disposal. The left side is larger and usually used for rinsing. It can also be of help washing some of the bigger pots & pans. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m sorry about the Haggis for Burns Night. I hope you’ll have an enjoyable meal and won’t be disappointed next year. :star:

(((Allie))): Sending hugs and good wishes. :heart:

I’m working my way toward healing from the fall I took after Christmas. I still don’t have my glasses back after taking them to the sight shop after the fall, and that is disappointing. The Sight Shop claims they will be sending them to us in the near future. I am getting angry at the Sight Shop. I will call my doctor for support next Monday. This is ridiculous. We paid $400 the day of my eye doctor’s appointment. It is over a month ago, and I still don’t have glasses. I have many empty excuses. :grumble:

I had a phone call last night from a dear friend who I haven’t seen in a couple of years. We have stayed in touch via phone calls. We have known one another for many years. We met at the Eugene OR Yacht Club in about 1996. We have both moved away from the Yacht Club but have stayed friends with one another. Our friends have lived on Orcas Island, WA for many years and we talked about making an RV trip together later this year. At this point, it is a fantasy. Sometimes fantasies become realities. It is a lovely thought and I hope it can happen. :heart:

Katla
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 942 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Bananas – I would go with dentist 2 also. #1 sounds like he’s all into the newest and greatest. And guess who will be paying for this new equipment? And what if in the future we find that it isn’t so great?
    Dentist 1's office is spacious, and in a fancy area, with at least 1 if not 2 assistants. Dentist 2 is in a much more modest area, in a smaller, simpler office and no assistant was there when I went there.

I would go with the one you feel more comfortable with. However, I like dentists that have the new bells and whistles for tools. They are better, usually not as hard on the patient (x-rays without those horrid cardboard things and no wires), and more quiet and since I despise the dental work, I want whatever makes me feel as comfortable as possible.

Tina
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Pp
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

I would go with the one you feel more comfortable with. However, I like dentists that have the new bells and whistles for tools. They are better, usually not as hard on the patient (x-rays without those horrid cardboard things and no wires), and more quiet and since I despise the dental work, I want whatever makes me feel as comfortable as possible.

Tina

Thanks for weighing in Tina. Destist 1 costs double and he didn't look at my mouth and then sent me an estimate for something different than what he had said he would, and only for one tooth, not for the whole shabang! Not wanting to look at my mouth at all is a red flag for me. Dentist 2 was more soft spoken, seemed much more polite, and was more precise in giving me a written estimate all at once.
    BONUS dentist 2 is of Irish origin which is NOT a deciding factor, nor the least bit necessary, but it is nice to speak English.
  • sh0tzz99
    The mister got his first jab of the covid vaccine on Thursday. My advice, if they ask you what arm you want it in, choose your non-dominant arm. He didn't and could not lift his dominant arm for 24 hours. He also got "flu-ish" for a day.

It's a great day to sit inside and read. Rain all day!

Tina in normally sunny CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

Tina

Thanks for weighing in Tina. Destist 1 costs double and he didn't look at my mouth and then sent me an estimate for something different than what he had said he would, and only for one tooth, not for the whole shabang! Not wanting to look at my mouth at all is a red flag for me. Dentist 2 was more soft spoken, seemed much more polite, and was more precise in giving me a written estimate all at once.
    BONUS dentist 2 is of Irish origin which is NOT a deciding factor, nor the least bit necessary, but it is nice to speak English.

Don't get me wrong...my top priority is how I feel about the dentist. I would not put the tools as the highest factor. I had a dentist I liked for about 10 years. He retired and sold his practice to an dentist I did not get a good vibe from. I found another dentist that I really like. It just so happens that she has all the newest tools and devices.

Tina in CA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Heather - I think sometimes as a special treat cost and calories are worth it. I’m so happy you enjoyed it.

Lisa - insomnia is terrible. I hope it leaves you soon.

Barbara - the first apartment we had when we were married had the old sink with the drain board attached and cupboards underneath. It was a unit all together. That was a convenience for cleaning, it was an ugly kitchen though. It had carpet samples for flooring. It went with the miserable little bathroom I spoke of earlier this week.

How awesome that Barbara and Rita had a “visit”. I love technology for keeping in touch.

I’m off to help my friend clear more things out of her Mother’s. My son in law is meeting us to pick up a new to me couch. Then I have my physio appointment.

Tracey in Edmonton where it is snowing and cold for the first time since November
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Greetings all! I got some food logged yesterday then I couldn't get in for the rest of the day. Grrrr. I'm hanging in there, nothing really new. We are supposed to get snow all week starting sometime today. It started out sunny and has turned very overcast. Lots of birds out and about. We have been on the hunting grounds of a Cooper's hawk for nearly a year now. Yesterday he was soaring about, today he's gone so all the little birds are out and dining away at the feeders (we have 18).

We have been deep cleaning starting with the mud room and main floor powder room. We used to do each room once over a 2-year period, but I think we are going to streamline that because several rooms have very minimal usage. We'll probably get the whole place done this year then scale back. It hasn't been done since DH went to prison.

Your travel pictures are all lovely. We have had to curtail many of our future travel plans; many countries won't allow felons in as tourists at all. Mostly, it's the English-speaking countries. I found out through a lot of research on justice reform, the US requires this in many trade agreements. WT.....

Allie: I am sending you prayers!

Take care, Meg from Omaha where nothing is going on right now!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) I've been thinking about my dream house and had a few additional thoughts. The first place I lived after college was a quonset hut in Okinawa with two roommates. After that I lived in the BOQ (Bachelor Officers' Quarters in a one room place with a stove and refrigerator. For a long time, I dreamed of having the money to buy a Victorian house in Northern California and remodeling it to original beauty. Now that I think about it, there would be narrow stairs and high ceilings making the rooms hard to heat. I think I'm better off just being grateful for the home I own and live in now.

:)Bananas, there's a lot to be said for trusting your instincts about choosing the dentist. I chose a dentist once because his ad in the yellow pages seemed warm and comforting.

:'( My walking friend had a dizzy spell this morning while we were walking in the giant field behind the house with both dogs in the dark. I told her to sit by the tree and I'd take the dogs home and come back for her. She was fine when I got back but wanted me to walk her home. Fortunately, she has an appointment scheduled with her doctor on Monday and she'll be able to ask about the dizziness. This isn't the first time this has happened and the doctor said it could be low blood pressure or her needing to eat breakfast and drink water before going out in the morning. Of course, Jake volunteered to take her to the doctor or do anything she needed. She reported later that's she's feeling better but will consider Jake's offer to drive her to the doctor.

B) I started working on the income tax this morning. If I work on it a little at a time, I'll get it done with little pain.

:) My plan for this afternoon is to watch figure skating on TV while riding my exercise bike and knitting a baby hat.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    :)
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Wow! Heather that is a gorgeous photo! I could walk there quite happily.

It is just beautiful here in Ohio this afternoon. But it is COLD. I managed to get in a walk yesterday, but I have to say I am not excited to go outside today. Supposed to be way worse tomorrow though, so I probably should.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Barbara, my son is studying Business administration at University of WA. I am not sure what he's going to do with that. That's for a face to face discussion.💖
    Rebecca