Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Reason #2,337 for why I'm convinced the Interwoobs "listens" to all conversations. My Google Podcast stream which runs in the background while I'm working just updated with NPR Life Kit's newest episode. You can find it on their website too:

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/25/960423678/how-to-set-boundaries-with-family-and-stick-to-them

@looneycatblue it's ~20 min long and covers (I kid you not) COVID conversations, intergenerational disagreements, adult children dealing with trauma, and family estrangement 😱 Wut? How?!

Anywhoo...

Until I got to the last part with the trauma, I was going to suggest the three of you listen together. It may still be possible. Or maybe listen separately, try the exercise and come back for a "family circle chat" type of deal afterward?

I dunno. Sawbones' episode is up next...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Reason #2,337 for why I'm convinced the Interwoobs "listens" to all conversations. My Google Podcast stream which runs in the background while I'm working just updated with NPR Life Kit's newest episode. You can find it on their website too:

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/25/960423678/how-to-set-boundaries-with-family-and-stick-to-them

@looneycatblue it's ~20 min long and covers (I kid you not) COVID conversations, intergenerational disagreements, adult children dealing with trauma, and family estrangement 😱 Wut? How?!

Anywhoo...

Until I got to the last part with the trauma, I was going to suggest the three of you listen together. It may still be possible. Or maybe listen separately, try the exercise and come back for a "family circle chat" type of deal afterward?

I dunno. Sawbones' episode is up next...

Ah, still listening to Sawbones, eh? :smile:
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    *snip*
    Ah, still listening to Sawbones, eh? :smile:

They're fun. Ever grateful for the recommendation 👌🏿
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    It's really funny how life works. For many years, I've had a career that I loved but overworked myself, I've even tried other jobs to see if it was better for me mentally because I've suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life and I was exhausted mentally.

Now I think of myself before cancer and I miss her but in a way I really don't. I wish I could tell her to take better care of herself. I wish I could have given that girl more love, grace and appreciation instead of working myself crazy, not eating right and not doing things that really made me happy because I always put others first.

It's easy to get caught up in working crazy hours, jobs that don't make us happy because we always want more, a bigger house,  more stuff... but at the end of the day, none of it matters if you don't have your health.

It may be a little too late for me but I refuse to be a statistic and I will not be scared to live anymore, I refuse to do things that don't make me feel good or that doesn't make me a better person anymore.

Health is the real wealth and only the ill truely understands this. For anyone who is reading this, please be kind to yourself 💙 you deserve a long healthy life.

I’m so very proud of you ☺️
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    It's really funny how life works. For many years, I've had a career that I loved but overworked myself, I've even tried other jobs to see if it was better for me mentally because I've suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life and I was exhausted mentally.

Now I think of myself before cancer and I miss her but in a way I really don't. I wish I could tell her to take better care of herself. I wish I could have given that girl more love, grace and appreciation instead of working myself crazy, not eating right and not doing things that really made me happy because I always put others first.

It's easy to get caught up in working crazy hours, jobs that don't make us happy because we always want more, a bigger house,  more stuff... but at the end of the day, none of it matters if you don't have your health.

It may be a little too late for me but I refuse to be a statistic and I will not be scared to live anymore, I refuse to do things that don't make me feel good or that doesn't make me a better person anymore.

Health is the real wealth and only the ill truely understands this. For anyone who is reading this, please be kind to yourself 💙 you deserve a long healthy life.

You are a gift. Thank you. ♥️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @Miss_Chiev0us_ <3

Simply {{HUGS}}
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Argh
    I hate when medical professionals give a time frame. :( Why can't they leave loved ones without those feelings?
    My sister was told by Hospice nurses on Monday to call the funeral home because dh has only got 4-5 days. Nurses came yesterday and reiterated what they told her Monday. Back in Oct. Hospice felt he only had 2 weeks.
    Obviously her dh has his own agenda. Don't tell people things like that. :( It doesn't help and will happen when it happens. Don't make people feel even worse during the last days. :(

I'm so sorry your sister is going through this. :'(

I really don't think the funeral home wants to be notified until he's actually gone, particularly since these hospice nurses seem a bit off in their predictions.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    A serious question for hopefully some serious responses...

Why do you think some people find "their thing" - the thing they love or the thing they were "meant to do", while others simply go through the motions of day-to-day life?

Is it just chance?
    Is it drive and desire for more/better?
    Is it... ?