What's on your mind?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    What drives a 23 years old woman to get botox all over her face? 🤦 Leaving work for an emergency procedure and it's botox. Smh

Trigeminal neuralgia? 🤷🏾‍♀️ Botox is also used therapeutically.

Does it help trigeminal neuralgia? I didn’t think anything did. I don’t have it as an official diagnosis but i have regular occurrences of that nerve being pinched and it feels like I’m getting smoked in the face out of nowhere

For a small percentage of folks, it can be helpful. Of course, chat to your doctor to see if it's an option for you (with or without a definitive diagnosis). And I'm sorry you may be dealing with TN, in my limited and anecdotal experience, I've yet to hear anyone find a silver lining for this condition.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,513 Member
    What drives a 23 years old woman to get botox all over her face? 🤦 Leaving work for an emergency procedure and it's botox. Smh

Does it help trigeminal neuralgia? I didn’t think anything did. I don’t have it as an official diagnosis but i have regular occurrences of that nerve being pinched and it feels like I’m getting smoked in the face out of nowhere

My dad had it. Botox didn't help. Eventually they went through his skull and surrounded the nerve with glycerine. That seems to have fixed it.

The pain was immeasurable by the time they got to that point though . 😣
  • MaltedTea
    edited February 2021
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Quebec....i used to go every February. This will be second one in a row i didnt go. Hoping for a summer trip.....please Covid be gone!

Here's to wishful thinking 🥂

But QC's also nice in autumn. There's skiing in winter. Oh and the sugar shack trips for the best maple syrup in teh world come spring.

When you're up here next, let me know, please.

Meanwhile, I dream of Fiji, Taiwan, Columbia. Sigh...

ETA: It helps if I know how to spell FIJI 😭 Not travelling in so long as made me dumber than usual. That's dangerous.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

For a small percentage of folks, it can be helpful. Of course, chat to your doctor to see if it's an option for you (with or without a definitive diagnosis). And I'm sorry you may be dealing with TN, in my limited and anecdotal experience, I've yet to hear anyone find a silver lining for this condition.

My dad had it. Botox didn't help. Eventually they went through his skull and surrounded the nerve with glycerine. That seems to have fixed it.

The pain was immeasurable by the time they got to that point though . 😣

By no means do I have the condition, just flashes of it when I’m chewing sometimes. It’s most certainly nerve pain, but it goes away as quickly as it comes. I cannot imagine living with the condition, @KickassAmazon76 your poor dad 😥
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Quebec....i used to go every February. This will be second one in a row i didnt go. Hoping for a summer trip.....please Covid be gone!

But QC's also nice in autumn. There's skiing in winter. Oh and the sugar shack trips for the best maple syrup in teh world come spring.

ETA: It helps if I know how to spell FIJI 😭 Not travelling in so long as made me dumber than usual. That's dangerous.

Oh my gosh if you guys meet up please post a meet-up selfie, that would be amazing
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    The joys of flying during Covid,
    s026eguz3v9q.jpeg

Bill Gates’ personal jet,
    enck9owwx7h2.jpeg

What do you suppose they’re laughing about?
    5v55kduod7q0.jpeg

Hypocrisy at its finest.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,010 Member

@MaltedTea when i go up there, i would not even think about not telling you 😁 You can find me at the Auberge du Tresor.....i kind of stand out, ill be hard to miss....so no excuses 😉
  • MaltedTea

@MaltedTea when i go up there, i would not even think about not telling you 😁 You can find me at the Auberge du Tresor.....i kind of stand out, ill be hard to miss....so no excuses 😉

I'm sure you stand out, outstandingly, most anywhere. As for this place, it looks like it could be part of the fun main strip in Montreal's Old Port (rue de la Commune)!
  • honeybee__12
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    s026eguz3v9q.jpeg

enck9owwx7h2.jpeg

5v55kduod7q0.jpeg

Hypocrisy at its finest.

For the record, I didn't disagree with your post.

That being said, I don't know that they are hypocrites.

If they were preaching about global warming and climate change and lecturing others on how to live and then flying around in private jets, when a Skype call would suffice, then, yeah.... they're hypocrites.

It was recently in the news, that an American individual flew to Iceland in a private jet to attend an award ceremony where he was recognized for his work on climate change. He flew there to simply pick up the award. This, IMHO, screams hypocrisy, entitlement and hubris all in one round-trip.

I respect your opinion. ❤️

I believe that Bill Gates does push the man made global warming theory and is involved in many ways in trying to convince us that we have the ability to just shut off oil and switch to alternative fuels.
    A totally unrealistic idea imo.

I have no problem with people flying private.
    If one can afford it, go for it.
    I have flown in many private jets with absolutely no guilt at all (not bragging just admitting facts).
    But I don’t try to influence the world and tell other people what they should and shouldn’t do in their life.
  • Revolu7
    edited February 2021
    fuj8q3ooclyi.jpg

I'm sure you stand out, outstandingly, most anywhere. As for this place, it looks like it could be part of the fun main strip in Montreal's Old Port (rue de la Commune)!

Its in Old Quebec City......i just love that place. Ill start my Rosetta Stone French now in hopes i can get there soon! Do you speak French?

• honeybee__12
    mx69mjcl4et5.gif
  • MaltedTea
    fuj8q3ooclyi.jpg

Its in Old Quebec City......i just love that place. Ill start my Rosetta Stone French now in hopes i can get there soon! Do you speak French?

Every single day. Start your lessons. The advanced French immersion exam happens once you're next here 😂
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    fuj8q3ooclyi.jpg

Do you speak French?

As a Canadian who took and passed 10 years worth of public school French classes... No. Not at all.
  • Revolu7
    fuj8q3ooclyi.jpg

Do you speak French?

As a Canadian who took and passed 10 years worth of public school French classes... No. Not at all.

Lol
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    s026eguz3v9q.jpeg

enck9owwx7h2.jpeg

5v55kduod7q0.jpeg

Hypocrisy at its finest.

For the record, I didn't disagree with your post.

That being said, I don't know that they are hypocrites.

If they were preaching about global warming and climate change and lecturing others on how to live and then flying around in private jets, when a Skype call would suffice, then, yeah.... they're hypocrites.

It was recently in the news, that an American individual flew to Iceland in a private jet to attend an award ceremony where he was recognized for his work on climate change. He flew there to simply pick up the award. This, IMHO, screams hypocrisy, entitlement and hubris all in one round-trip.

Just one of the reasons I love you!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,513 Member
    fuj8q3ooclyi.jpg

Do you speak French?

Lol

Four years of French immersion here... With honours.

Also no, not at all. 😂