WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Penny - I'm so with you. I don't mind the spring one so much as I get to eat my meals an hour early. But the winter one is awful for me as I'm starving by meal time. My stomach is on a strict clock! :#
    I used to find it really hard when the kids were small. Their little internal clocks were very resistant to change. Grrrr! Waking up an hour too early, when they already woke up at 5.30 was the straw........ Plus walking them round the park trying to hang on for that extra hour before tea. .....

Saturday is newspaper day. I don't do my writing. :D I will be going downstairs to read it on the sofa.
    Tonight is Kedgeree. Yum! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Michele - I'm in the central European timezone, one hour ahead of Kate and Heather and usually six hours ahead of you. Sometimes I'll be five or seven hours ahead of you because the US and Europe switch between standard time and daylight saving time on different days.

Europe is probably going to stop switching back and forth this year. The suggestion is that each country chooses either to switch permanently to summer time in March, or to switch permanently to winter time in October. Hopefully, the choice will be coordinated between countries so we don't end up with a patchwork of different time zones.

Up here in the High Arctic, changing the clock time is an exercise in pointlessness. A week after the switch to summer time we have light 24 hours a day, and four days before we switch to winter time, the sun has gone down for the last time that year. All we get for the change is mild jet lag. :s

I'm so ready to stop that nonsense!

/Penny at the
    t07190.gif

I wish we would all go to Daylight Savings Time. It just makes so much more sense because it gives people their evenings after work and school to wind down by playing and exercising outside.

Thankfully, we're in DST here and will be till April.

However, I keep sending emails to the appropriate area of government encouraging them to stick with DST.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    427818su42xtrsvb.gif

I need a crocheting gif. 😂
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    2021 is not a school year for me ... thank goodness. :smiley:

2021 is my Things To Do List year ... slowly chipping away at it. :)

In early January, I made my list ... in later January, I tried to start working on my list but for some reason, I just kept adding to it! Every time I turned around, there was something else to do.

This weekend is another long weekend and this time we're staying home. So I've started working on my dressing room!!

M in Oz

I've spent most of my day on my feet working on my dressing room! I also did a load of towel, hung them on the line to dry in the wind and brought them in just before stormy weather resumed.

We hauled up my clothing storage bins which were, fortunately, half empty ... so I've filled them. I keep a range of sizes. I've spent most of my life in the mid-low end of the normal BMI range, but when I was cycling a lot, I would drop down to the bottom end of the normal BMI range in summer and climb to the top of the normal BMI range in winter. I've been over that a few times since cycling less, and then I'll drop back toward the lower end of the normal BMI range ... or somewhere in between. I have always had a lot of trouble maintaining a weight, and as long as I'm somewhere in or very close to the normal BMI range, I'm happy, so I keep a range of sizes. However, I don't need them all in the closet when I can't wear them.

I've also started a bag of clothes to give away. Sadly I need to get rid of a lot of my wool sweaters. I doubt I will wear them again ... I can't wear scratchy clothes anymore and I am always hot.

My pants, sleeveless and short-sleeve tops are nearly all folded (Marie Kondo style) and stored. I feel like I've been folding just about forever now. But I'm pleased how good it looks and that I can see everything so much better!

I took a short break to go for a short but hillier than hoped bicycle ride with my husband and I've just finished a little weights workout.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- What about blanket storage? Or shoe storage for the deep drawers?
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I have something for blanket storage, but I was kind of wondering about shoe storage ... if I could store the shoes vertically in the drawers.

If the drawers are deep enough, this would work. I keep my shoes/sandals this way in the bottom of my wardrobes. It means I can see all the pairs in the box at once.
    ia8v754bkkqj.jpg

Yes, I am definitely thinking of something like that! The drawers are deeper than that ... they'll take a size 8 shoe, set like that, with a bit of room left over.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday!
    Yesterday was good. All 4 goals reached. Hard boiled egg whites to the rescue! I was short on protein and calories. Didn't need more fat, but could have used calories, but only ate the whites for a win! Overslept this morning-smh. I fell asleep before I plugged in phone which is our alarm. Woke up at 230 to husband snoring! Plugged phone in. But neglected to see if it was on. On week. Not late for work. Just later getting up. Hot tub done. Will try to get some steppage in. Transferring manually stuff at work from one system to another. No, aren't compatible to just drag and drop.
    Look, it is saturday and SIL staying home again. She is so clueless. Yesterday, my husband asked me if I told an applicant what we were paying. No. I dont know. It isnt my job. No. I dont know where all the stuff for the computer is stored. Not my system. I am just an employee and have had no say, so they will have to figure it out. They talk about respect, but don't respect anyone-SMH. Oh well. I hope we continue floating, though I would rather be swimming.
    Anyway! On a brighter note, it is only 5 hours at work, then dinner with friends! I like that they eat early. OH! I really dislike oatmeal, yes, except for that sticky sweet instant stuffs. So yesterday I experimented. I made regular oats with less water and added unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon when I cooked it. I used the remaining applesauce to cool it down some after cooking. Added butter. YUMMY and FILLING!
    I have so many comments, but hard to do on phone. Blessed to have a job, sunshine, friends, food, and home!
    ❤🦋
    Kylia in cold but sunny Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lorianne: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

TerriRichards: I admire your attitude about exercise. Life does seem to have turned into an endurance test. :ohwell:

Barbie: Good luck finding a crocheting gif. :star:

Machka: I have fond memories of line drying clothes on an “umbrella line” in the back yard. Now I hang them in the laundry room above a furnace vent. They don’t have that wonderful sunshine smell, but they aren’t targets for bird bombing. :wink:

Kylia: I like your list of blessings; job, friends, food & home. You have a wonderful attitude. :heart:

I thought we were all going to year around standard time, but It appears that is not the case. I don’t have any particular trouble with shifting although resetting all the clocks is obnoxious. Resetting my watch is the worst of it. If I had a say so, I would prefer year around daylight time.

Katla in the dark at 6:27 am
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    MICHELLE I don’t know how long it takes to finish the puzzle because I only do it sporadically.
    Think I’ve done 5 since about June, couldn’t do any when I broke my wrist so must be about 6 weeks on average for each puzzle. Going to start a 500 piece one today, might keep record of how long it takes.

Kate UK ❤️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Options
    TRACEY
    * So sorry your back is hurting
    * I feel for you standing in the cold for 2 hrs. There is no way I could do that. There in no way I could live in the
    winters you and some others here face each year.
    * Thanks for the idea of watching Investigation Discovery "Fear Thy Neighbor". I watch Dateline and all the shows
    seem to be reruns. It might be good to see something similar. (Am I nuts?)
    * Love the news article from the 1800's. I surely remember waring a girdle every day until panty hose came along.

Carol in GA
  • Peach1948
    Options
    OOPs: I think that show may be too scary for me to watch! :s:o:*