Me too! 😁
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @grandmallie Allie, Don't worry about keeping up. Just post when you can. we are happy to read your news.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    427818su42xtrsvb.gif

I need a crocheting gif. 😂

Me too! 😁

:) I spent a few minutes this morning looking for a crocheting gif. and found photos of crocheted toys, blankets, etc. and lots of knitting pictures but not one with someone crocheting.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Dee-what breed is Bumble? Looks like some Pyrenees, some collie maybe or golden? Beautiful! I miss my Sara.
    Are you virtual walks on a treadmill?
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bumble is a golden retriever. His coloring makes him an English Cream. I just love him to death. I have had corgi dogs since I was 16, he is the first breed other than corgi that I have ever had. Due to tripping hazards and some balance issues for me, I felt my little corgi buddies and their need to be underfoot at all times was not a good idea for me this time around. A family member had a golden I fell in love with and when I saw they came as floofy white furballs I knew that was the type I wanted. He is a very chill and loving dog. I would be lost without him.

Sadly, I don't have a treadmill. I just treat them like a Leslie Salone walking video. I use her four basic moves put on some music and just walk, sidestep, knee lift, and kick away. I am sure it would burn way more calories on a treadmill where I could adjust the elevation. I do have an elliptical machine, but I really struggle to do it. A few years ago I could do it for about half an hour, but I had to work up to it. It also really hurts my shoulder so I avoid it.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Need to make them smaller not sure how to do that
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    The DVD I got was really an ad, so I did the Quick Start Yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone walking DVD

Rebecca – when I was younger, the winters in the Poconos didn’t bother me. Now, there is no way I’d want to move back there. Actually, I think Denise would like me to move to DE, but I have no desire. I’ve gotten used to the warmer weather.

You know, part of me wonders if more and more people won’t wear a mask in the store once they are vaccinated. I don’t think there’s a way to find this out, tho

LoriAnn – welcome!

Time change: I love when we push the clocks ahead an hour and really wish we’d stay that way

Kylia – thanks for reminding me that I want to hard boil some eggs to take to FL. I love them in my IP. If I could find one at a good price, you can bet I’d grab it to leave down there. But until then…..

Carol GA – I remember wearing a girdle with those “snaps” that held the stockings up. Pantyhose were very welcome. Good memories

Allie – slack all you want to…a sign that you are resting and that’s what we want.

Kate UK – how terrible that his grandchildren can’t attend his funeral! Thank you china.

Dee – the service dog we were training was a Golden. They are very smart and patient dogs. Love them.

Boiled eggs in the IP to take to FL. This morning I made a banana chocolate cake (wanted to use up some of the bananas) to have in the freezer for when we get back. Made brownies to take with us. Personally, I didn't care for them (I tried a new recipe), but Vince says they're OK. Tomorrow I’ll probably give the kitchen floor a good washing, make some chocolate bran muffins and get our shrimp tarts ready for Vince to put in the oven right before bowling since I’ll be working Mon.

Michele NC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

You know, part of me wonders if more and more people won’t wear a mask in the store once they are vaccinated. I don’t think there’s a way to find this out, tho
    Michele NC

I hope not. My understanding is that vaccinated individuals can still contract and spread the virus. Their symptoms will be less severe or non existent and the time they are infectious is reduced, but they still need to wear masks and keep their distance.

It's like the flu vaccine, from my understanding. The vaccine doesn't keep you from getting it but it makes you less miserable if you do get it.

Others who have more direct medical experience could say for sure.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Michele: We have him in training to be a therapy dog. He is doing very well. He is definitely a smart boy.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛❤️💜
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Michele NC

I hope not. My understanding is that vaccinated individuals can still contract and spread the virus. Their symptoms will be less severe or non existent and the time they are infectious is reduced, but they still need to wear masks and keep their distance.

It's like the flu vaccine, from my understanding. The vaccine doesn't keep you from getting it but it makes you less miserable if you do get it.

Others who have more direct medical experience could say for sure.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

If it does keep you from getting it, it will only keep you from getting it for a temporary period of time. It's not going to be a one vaccine and you're done situation.

We will still have to take numerous precautions for a long time to come.

I posted an article about the estimated time until we might be able to pronounce COVID officially over in the COVID thread in our group section. I can post it here too if anyone is interested.

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Flea - that is what we were told when we were vaccinated.

Here it is illegal to be in stores without masks. I don’t expect that law to change in this year at least.

Rori - I hope you are doing something for yourself when you do have a chance. Being a full time caregiver is very draining.

Tracey
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Tracey: The Christmas photos are a marvelous gift. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it for many years to come. Your daughter & her husband gave you a thoughtful & wonderful gift. :heart:

Dee: Bumble is a great dog! The two of you look wonderful in blue. :smiley:

Rori: I am always happy to see you post. I’m sorry that your situation is so challenging. I look forward to a time when we are able to visit in person. Good friends are treasures. In the meanwhile, visits here with Women 50+ and via the telephone can be wonderful. We keep in touch with our family via zoom and facetime. It helps. :heart:

We have appointments for vaccination at the end of the month. I hope that it will go well. Meanwhile we’re spending a lot of time at home watching the ducks and herons at the edge of the river.

Katla

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My understanding from the latest research is that transmission is cut by around 85% or more from 3 weeks after first vaccination. Good news. I think we will still be wearing masks on public transport and in shops for some time to come.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx