Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather
    Love the photo of Bea and Nellie.

Rebecca
    Very nice photo of you!

My cold symptoms were a lot better this AM and I did get the 2nd shot. No symptoms so far so hope none appear.
    Part of me is wondering why we are getting vaccinated if we still have to be so careful about not getting/infecting others with this virus.

Carol in
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @dlfk202000 wow that is weird that they didn't say x calories for 100 grams or how much a serving is for them. usually it's clear, reading the label. that sounds great for your sewing!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    So the roof guys said we basically need all new gutters. The gutters have detached from the back side of the house, ( but haven't fallen off yet), and the front part of the house isn't much better. Now my leaf piles in the back yard are twice as big! We'll see what the management office says, but I imagine the owners will just wait until they fall off.
    Have new sheets on bed, woohoo! Hopefully I will sleep better!
    Hugs everyone!
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Kim: Congrats on figuring out how to get the software for your embroidery designs onto your new computer! :star::heart: :star:

Margaret: I’m sorry that your pup won’t keep her doggy boots on. We call our dog back and forth in the living room and hall way when he needs to have play time and the weather is too bad to go for a walk. He enjoys running back and forth for a bit, and then he hides. He’s made it into a game. :wink: I think we are wimps compared to you. We don’t seem to get outside to go walking in cold or wet weather. :ohwell:

Heather: The photo of Bea and Nellie is wonderful. You have snow! Lucky ducks! :bigsmile:

Carole: We haven’t had covid vaccinations so far. We’ve been told that we get our first shot near the end of this month, and the second shot is 20 or 28 days later. I look forward to being fully vaccinated—someday. I am more than a bit grumpy about this "roll out." :grumble: :ohwell:

Good thoughts for all--

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    @dlfk202000 wow that is weird that they didn't say x calories for 100 grams or how much a serving is for them. usually it's clear, reading the label. that sounds great for your sewing!

I guess I should look at the packages close- I went by the label on the front and didn't turn it over to see a label on the bottom and assumed beings it was so small and only came with one fork, that it was one serving. I know for next time. Hard to believe that little thing is so high in calories.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 42.56min, 217elev, 21.8amph, 133ahr, 165mhr, 15.5mi= 460c
    Strava app = 366c
    Walk w/family- 2hrs 22min 19sec, 181elev, 107ahr, 128mhr, 8.16mi= 759c
    Strava app = 988c

Total cal 1219
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,026 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Heather
    Love the photo of Bea and Nellie.

Rebecca
    Very nice photo of you!

My cold symptoms were a lot better this AM and I did get the 2nd shot. No symptoms so far so hope none appear.
    Part of me is wondering why we are getting vaccinated if we still have to be so careful about not getting/infecting others with this virus.

Carol in

A quick simple answer is that there is still a lot researchers don't know about the virus and vaccines. We're only just over a year into this thing. But we have discovered that washing our hands, keeping our surroundings clean, and keeping our distance do seem to help ... and in areas of concern, masks seem to help too.

So we'll get vaccinated this year and see if that makes a difference to the numbers.

A more complicated answer is found in the article I posted in the COVID thread ... that there are a whole lot of people/countries who have not even started vaccinating or thinking about it.

There is also the quite reasonable assumption that a vaccination is temporary ... but we don't know how temporary yet.

It's still early days with this virus.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dandl1986 wrote: »
    Sadly, I don't have a treadmill. I just treat them like a Leslie Salone walking video. I use her four basic moves put on some music and just walk, sidestep, knee lift, and kick away. I am sure it would burn way more calories on a treadmill where I could adjust the elevation. I do have an elliptical machine, but I really struggle to do it. A few years ago I could do it for about half an hour, but I had to work up to it. It also really hurts my shoulder so I avoid it.

Can you trade the elliptical in on a treadmill (sell elliptical > buy treadmill). I have tried ellipticals in the gym and have never liked them. With my treadmill, I can hop on and do an easy walk for a few minutes, or get into a much longer walking/jogging workout whenever I feel like it. It's so convenient and not overwhelming.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    My DH can get his vaccine anytime he wants. Unfortunately, he hasn't grasped the reality of the pandemic, let alone the need for a shot. Believe me, I've tried! He doesn't interact with anyone outside of our household, (caregiver counts as one of our pod) so I'm not going to push him. My insurance provider has me as number 36,000+ on the wait list, so probably a few weeks off. I will be there with bells on.

Stay well, ladies. For my US friends in path of the storm, stay safe and warm. We can do this.

Rori
    Staying in the flow in the
    Colorado Foothills

This is one reason why my husband is in the moderate risk category.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/advice-for-people-at-risk-of-coronavirus-covid-19

"some neurological conditions (stroke, dementia, other) (speak to your doctor about your risk)"

He knows there is a pandemic and knows he needs to take precautions, but he forgets. And even if he remembers, sometimes he isn't sure what to do or not do.

For example, he expects other people to move away from him instead of him moving away from them. So instead of walking around people or choosing a different aisle to go down, he'll stand right next to them and look frustrated because they won't move.

Vaccinations won't start here for a while yet, but I hope he is in one of the first 2 or 3 groups to get it.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Hi all: I had a dentist's appointment this morning just cleaning and checkup. It was supposed to be at 10:00 but they called on Saturday and asked if I could change to 8:00. My hygienist was supposed to get his Covid vaccination early but they changed the time to later. He has been having difficulty getting it so I was willing to change. There was ice on my windshield this morning but nothing compared to what some of you have.

Terri - I love the crocheting mouse. I am currently crocheting an afghan for my brother. It is a granny rectangle. This is the first time I have tried one of these.

It was required that girls wears skirts or dresses for all of my school years including college. In college we could not go to the dining hall in pants except for Saturday. My mom made most of my clothes and they were beautiful. I remember in high school we would look at the styles in Seventeen magazine and she would replicate some of them. She made my wedding dress and the brides maids dresses too. And I am probably weird but I kind of liked PE except for softball. I could not throw a ball worth beans. But I liked field hockey and especially swimming.

Heather - I am not sure how you know definitely that is Bea. Cute pic.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Paid off our mortgage and home equity loan this week, along with all unsecured debt. Truly a freeing experience. We have never been debt free before. I've decided to continue with my part-time job for a while longer yet ... couple projects I would like to fund without going into retirement savings.

Discovered I have significant osteoarthritis in my knees, the right one giving me great grief. Knee replacement is the definitive answer, but my orthopedist is recommending PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections. I'm doing my research on it and other alternatives with the idea of prolonging the need for replacement (I'm 58). Insurance, not mine nor anyone else it seems, covers the PRP procedure ... figures.

Beth near Buffalo

Congratulations!

But sorry to hear about your knee.

• Machka9
    Options
    ... and it’s too cold to go outside.

lm2vppcdgfe9.png

Tracey in Edmonton

I remember those days ... weeks ... months ...

It's part of the reason why I live in Australia now. I miss lots of things about Canada, but not the winters.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    @Lagopus - Penny I did 'finish' the dance video, but I modified some of the moves, and substituted others with with some moves of my own. 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 😂

TV shows: I spend altogether far to much of my time watching daytime TV! Although I do often pick up the dumbbells, or walk during them, especially on wet days. DH and I often watch different shows in different rooms. Although we also watch BBC dramas together. I like arts programmes and he's not keen. Watched Dancingbon Ice, The Big Pottery Throwdown, and Finding Alice tonight; a double episode of Death in Paradise last week etc.

February Alphabet Challenge:

1. A - Aerobic Dance video:
    https://youtu.be/yN3GgCUmmXw
    2. B - I had to exercise in my bedroom today as it was bucketing with rain.
    3. C - I did some chair yoga today.
    4. D - Dawdled to our local park.
    5. E - Endurance circuit
    6. F - 2 sets of 10 seconds of forward lunges, front raises, fire hydrant side leg raises, fast feet, and forward bends.
    7. G - Generosity - I was generous to DH today and went out with him for a walk, despite it being bitterly cold.
    di4qfvlweo31.jpg
    8. H -
    9. I -
    10. J -
    11. K -
    12. Free day
    13. L -
    14. M -
    15. N -
    16. O -
    17. P -
    18. R -
    19. Free day
    20. S -
    21. T -
    22. U -
    23. V -
    24. W -
    25. Free day
    26. X -
    27. Y -
    28. Z -

You've missed Q!
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka “My mother… wanted to dress me up…” Mama gave me a permanent every six months until I was 13. Was able then to put my foot down and say “never again” and kept to it except for one disastrous body wave/shag in the 70s.

I had those perms too! They did gradually taper off as I got older and my last one was an attempt at a long hair perm in my mid 20s.

And then I discovered that my hair has its own natural curl ... when it is a bit humid, not when it is really dry.

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Michele, thanks so much for calendar and sweet Valentine pad!💖💖💖💖. Love it! And I will use your calendar to make cute doggie envelopes!
    I appreciate you!
    Rebecca
    Feeling grateful in
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. Bowling after work and then mahjongg at night. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump video

Barbara – my mother was a hairdresser. One of the few things I remember about her is that she would give me a perm all the time

Heather – how in the world did you find Bea under all that? They’re so cute

Rebecca – so glad you got the calendar and paper. Enjoy!

Michele NC
    Who is getting ready for FL
  • Machka9
    Options
    Howdy ladies! What's this about everyone organizing stuff!!??😋💖
    When I start, the whole house gets disorganized for a spell, then I look and see what I have done, and try to right it!

Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

It is always messier before it gets better.

However, I am trying to do it in sections. I feel like I'm working with one of those sliding puzzles. The blanket box in the middle of the dressing room is my "free space". I empty a drawer, put the contents of a shelf into that drawer, put the contents of the drawer onto the shelf and so on.

Plus I've got a bag for items I will donate and a bin for items that will move downstairs.

zjkynqem1rtd.png

Tonight will not be an organising the dressing room night ... too busy with other stuff but I hope to be back at it tomorrow with dresses, skirts and button-up shirts.

M in Oz

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I've been reading, but not keeping up with commenting.

Allie ... so glad to hear you are home from the hospital! Please do not be so hard on yourself. Your body had not yet healed from the first surgery when you went into this second one. It is going to take time and I'm imagining your progress will be measured in very small increments...but you will progress. You're still in my prayers.

Kelly ... I LOVE your attitude! Let us know when the cabinet gets installed. :D

Debbie ... MFPs calorie counts are often inaccurate ... go with the package, make certain you're reading serving size correctly ... that's the best you can do. I used to do corrections on entries ... I don't know if they still allow that ... amazing discrepancies.

Karen in VA ... I'm with Kelly ... miss your input! Miss hearing from SuzyQ too.

This week has been a snowy one and it is coming down fast right now as I post. It's winter. The new puppy loves the snow thank goodness! He's been keeping us busy. Lots of energy ...

First week of my husband's retirement and he has been trying to be "helpful" ... we'll see how long that lasts. Paid off our mortgage and home equity loan this week, along with all unsecured debt. Truly a freeing experience. We have never been debt free before. I've decided to continue with my part-time job for a while longer yet ... couple projects I would like to fund without going into retirement savings.

Discovered I have significant osteoarthritis in my knees, the right one giving me great grief. Knee replacement is the definitive answer, but my orthopedist is recommending PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections. I'm doing my research on it and other alternatives with the idea of prolonging the need for replacement (I'm 58). Insurance, not mine nor anyone else it seems, covers the PRP procedure ... figures.

We'll watch the Super Bowl tonight .. tough one for Buffalo to watch ... but I'm really only watching for the commercials.

Beth near Buffalo

Congratulations on paying off the mortgage and loan!!! Such a great feeling!
    We paid off our mortgage right before my husband retired. That was our goal/criteria for him to retire. He did go back part time just to stay busy plus too young to really retire(52yrs old). They limited the hours he could work and still get his pension but they lifted the limits in April because of the virus so working more hours for now. It is great having the extra money going into the bank. He will keep working part time for a while (looking forward to cutting back to his 64hrs a month instead of about 100 hrs which could go up), I am hoping to totally retire soon- I semi retired two years ago-no more 55hrs a week doing daycare. Triplets burned me out!(that and over 35yrs of doing it)

I got an email from the salad company. The serving for the salad, which is mostly ice berg lettuce, is just one cup.
    I was going by the number on the front of the package and assumed beings it was small that it was one serving. I didn't even think to look on the bottom of the bowl to see the rest of the info.

Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    I made my own curtains a few times, including a handwoven lace valance. I made lined drapes with grapes growing down on one side and upside down on the other side. I never did fix that. Lol!

Annie in Delaware