Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• x_stephisaur_xx_stephisaur_x Member, Premium Posts: 120 Member Member, Premium Posts: 120 Member
    My unpopular opinion is...

Soups and salads are not a meal. Salad is a side dish, at best, and I've yet to find a reason for soup to exist :wink:

I know both of these things are supposed to keep me full without spending too many calories, but I find the satiety short lived. I would rather have a sandwich (with some form of leafy goodness in there somewhere) than eat a soup or salad.

Salads definitely have their place, and I enjoy them with a wide variety of meals, but they are a side act to the main contender.
  • jillybeansaladjillybeansalad Member, Premium Posts: 239 Member Member, Premium Posts: 239 Member
    Coconut water tastes like BO smells.

I tried so hard to like it. Even the flavored ones.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,092 Member Member Posts: 6,092 Member

I like the kind with pulp!
  • raymax4raymax4 Member Posts: 6,068 Member Member Posts: 6,068 Member

Soups and salads are not a meal. Salad is a side dish, at best, and I've yet to find a reason for soup to exist :wink:

I know both of these things are supposed to keep me full without spending too many calories, but I find the satiety short lived. I would rather have a sandwich (with some form of leafy goodness in there somewhere) than eat a soup or salad.

Salads definitely have their place, and I enjoy them with a wide variety of meals, but they are a side act to the main contender.

Most soups and salads are not low calorie unless you make then at home. I can make a meal out of a salad but I add meat and cheese most of the time.
  • raymax4raymax4 Member Posts: 6,068 Member Member Posts: 6,068 Member

coconut milk yes water not so much
  • lun4wublun4wub Member Posts: 25 Member Member Posts: 25 Member
    I don't like chocolate, I hate tomatoes, and I think people put bacon into too many recipes. It doesn't always suit everything.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,092 Member Member Posts: 6,092 Member
    raymax4 wrote: »

idk I find coconut water refreshing. especially after hot yoga.
    I love pancakes (lol, obvi) and waffles, but not for breakfast.
  • ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 867 Member Member Posts: 867 Member

I'll take them pretty much any time.
  • wilson10102018wilson10102018 Member Posts: 1,152 Member Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »

I'll take them pretty much any time.

I've been making pancakes the same way for 50 years and then I saw this video and thought I would try a crepe style pancake.

Actually very good.

at the :27 mark.

edited March 22
  • 33gail3333gail33 Member Posts: 960 Member Member Posts: 960 Member

Oh wow - hard disagree here! Soup is my absolute favorite food. Salad I can take or leave.
  • 33gail3333gail33 Member Posts: 960 Member Member Posts: 960 Member
    raymax4 wrote: »

idk I find coconut water refreshing. especially after hot yoga.

It tastes like liquid dirt to me. :smile: I like coconut milk tho.
    i think brown rice is disgusting.
  • ninasnonsenseninasnonsense Member Posts: 34 Member Member Posts: 34 Member
    Asparagus is just rubbish expensive broccoli and bacon is absolutely revolting.
    Asparagus is just rubbish expensive broccoli and bacon is absolutely revolting.

*TURKEY bacon is revolting
  • kali31337kali31337 Member, Premium Posts: 1,048 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,048 Member
    Lettuce definitely has a taste and that taste is terrible
  • belgerianbelgerian Member Posts: 1,055 Member Member Posts: 1,055 Member
    Protein Drinks I would much rather eat my calories than drink them, but of course I am not attempting to gain either.