April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @martaindale - Glad to hear the whole family had fun at the 10k and that your daughter is now interested in cross country!

Welcome @penguinmama87
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am new to the thread, and still a newbie-ish runner. Did C25k a few years ago and ran some short races, then got sidetracked (probably by a baby?) and am only getting back into it now. I'm doing C25k again because I liked the program very much the first time around and I need to build my endurance back up. I'm setting a low goal for myself this month because I'm still not going very far yet - 15 miles total. My youngest (9mos) has been rather grumpy about me leaving the house without her, so really, the goal is about actually getting out of the door on a regular basis.

I've enjoyed reading through the thread so far and look forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome to the group!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Scott6255 Glad the last 3 miles of your run felt good.

@Tramboman Glad you are feeling better. hahaha about the food. There are very few I don't like, but there are some.

@martaindale That sand sounds like it made for a tough course, but really glad that the family stuck with it and that your daughter seemed to enjoy it and wants to race again. That's awesome. How old is she?

Welcome @penguinmama87 ! C25K is a great program!

Welcome @rb3551 ! You'll get plenty of support here. Do you have a plan you are using to get ready for the marathon?
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Welcome @rb3551

@quilteryoyo - If you keep training Tippy on laps you may find she is the one pulling you to keep going one day! :tongue:
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    rb3551 wrote: »
    What the heck - I'll aim for slightly higher than March --- 210 KM. In training for my first full marathon, so I need to commit to maintaining high mileage. Any and all support appreciated. And good luck to you all. Kick some butt this month

Welcome! Which marathon are you running?
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Distance Log:
    4/6 1.80 miles

April Total/Goal: 1.80/15

It was a really pleasant morning! About 50 degrees (F). Lots of birds and bunnies, not many people. So just about perfect! And the baby stayed asleep for about half of it, which is progress! :D

My kind of run! Few people and lots of wildlife. Way to go!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @Penguinmoma87 Oh, I see. I was wondering how you knew the baby woke up. That's a great plan since you are a morning person. You're doing great!

@shanaber Wow! That is speedy! Sometimes it takes me that long to run one mile! :lol:

@RunsOnEspresso Hahaha It would be nicer if the apps took your input. Can you start the training at week 4 or something, to be more in line with where you are already, or is that defeating the purpose?
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hal called for 2 miles today and I actually listened. My legs however acted like they did not understand this whole running thing.

12 ish miles for the month.

Have I mentioned I hate base building? 2 miles barely seems worthwhile. Hal has me taking 2-3 days off per week (I prefer only 1 day off). I may end up dropping him again. I love the idea of these apps but I wish they took more input from the runner.

You can run anyway, he doesn't seem to mind 😝