April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @quilteryoyo The app is based on the race date. Mine is so far out & I do need to build back slowly after Yeti Challenge so I'm trying to be patient.
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hal called for 2 miles today and I actually listened. My legs however acted like they did not understand this whole running thing.

12 ish miles for the month.

Have I mentioned I hate base building? 2 miles barely seems worthwhile. Hal has me taking 2-3 days off per week (I prefer only 1 day off). I may end up dropping him again. I love the idea of these apps but I wish they took more input from the runner.

You can run anyway, he doesn't seem to mind 😝

I added a run last week and I'll probably add 2 this week. He gave me Friday & Sunday off because I have a 5k Saturday.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @WhatMeRunning I'm actually not allowed to run just walk! But thanks for the happy thoughts
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,944 Member
    @Avidkeo Nice run and glad the weather looks better for your SUNDAY race. You are so excited, it makes me excited for you. You are going to do great!

@rheddmobile New running gear is a wonderful way to get aspired. You look great.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    I’ve run twice since posting, 5 miles each time. I keep getting out slightly too late to finish a 10k before the sun goes down and it’s illegal to run on the Greenline. Memphis is super frustrating, especially when the weather gets warmer and the only decent time to run is in the dark!

I bought all new kit, running shorts, tank, and two bras. I was feeling blah about running and got a zulily ad for a sale on a bunch of official Brooks branded stuff and thought, why not, it’s been three years since I bought anything new to run in. All my old kit is Walmart and honestly, I love it, was bought on clearance then and my favorite running shorts were exactly one dollar! They have lasted three years so far and still look new, nothing wrong with them except I’m bored. So, the new stuff... I’m gonna call it “aspirational.” Meaning that wearing it makes me aspire to get in better shape. On the one hand I feel like I’m on some sort of elite track team wearing my matching gear. On the other hand, I feel like that character from a comedy movie that they dress in the elite gear to show how funny it looks on a normal person. Form-fitting, peach, and slightly silky tank tops are not flattering to bellies that used to weigh 125+ more pounds! However, if I stand up straight, it also makes me look like I have abs! Also the hot pink accent exactly matches the hot pink on my current shoes.
    okm76w4qddj7.jpeg

Gear looks great.
    Just need to do something about those knee braces...
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Just checked my fitness load...
    rhuudcl4nh9o.jpg

Good signs!

You're going to CRUSH it!!!!!