Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun but tough combo. I started with a short kickboxing session from Cathe Live Kickboxing and Barre, which I used as my warm-up for S&S PHA. After the PHA workout, I went right into Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was Metabolic Core. This was a completely different class to anything Cathe has done and I loved it. It was a good combo of functional fitness moves and some standard core moves. It was enough to get a good sweat on and the heart rate up enough, but not so much that the focus in the core was lost. It was 45 minutes long and flew by. I hope to be able to add this one on time to time through the next rotation, despite its length. I love this type of core training.

Thelma, great workouts. I don’t know about there, but our humidity has been pretty high this week so every workout I finished drenched. Thankfully that is a feeling I enjoy. I don’t know if the storms predicted here tonight are supposed to go through your area but if so....stay safe. What a spring it has been for storms.

Laurie, that sounds like another great workout. I hope you enjoy the new rotation. It looks like she has put a lot of thought into making some unique and challenging workouts for it. That is interesting about the barbell not being comfortable on bicep curls. I am finding I much prefer some exercises with the barbell (like lying tricep extensions) but some, like bicep curls, I still prefer dumbbells. All of that is because of my forearms and/or elbows. I am just so glad I have the barbell option these days. It’s hard for me to believe that I didn’t until just a few years ago!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Our was good. We went out to dinner on Friday with some friends. We visited a friend who just had surgery and on Sunday we did a little garden work.

My workouts on Friday wee Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride and S&S PHA Training.
    I started the new rotation with Zumba, STS Disc 1 and advanced stretch.

The hummingbirds are finally here. We have two because I saw them feeding at the same time from our two feeders. I'm happy!

We went to the Home Depot on Friday and I checked out the garden center. It was as if people had gone nuts buying all the annuals! There weren't that many left and not anything I wanted.
    We couldn't make it to the nursery on Saturday because it rained most of the day.

Laurie, that tabata workout sounds fantastic! Good job!

Kelly is definitely doing an excellent job with the current rotation!
    I've not seen any signs at the garden centers that say these plants are good to attract hummingbirds. The plants do have tags that specify that sometimes. I usually ask the people who work there. The nurseries are better at those things though.

Laurel, what a killer combo you did on Friday! Good job!
    No humidity here at all yet Laurel, It actually felt cold last night and today we had a cool breeze.
    I like those sweaty workouts too!
    We had some rain on Saturday but nothing crazy.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Well all those plans to start working out on Sunday went out the window. I was so busy that it didn't happen. We helped a friend of ours move on Saturday, and after that we just didn't want to do anything. On Sunday I got busy quilting the quilt that I'm giving to my niece. I'm not really pleased with what I created, so I'm planning on taking that apart tonight. :/ Oh well. This morning my workout was RAW Upper Body Blast. Really really liked this one, because my upper body is feeling it right now. It was a superset with tabata intervals. So we did four sets of a chest exercise for 25 sec, and then four sets of shoulder work. Each superset included two exercises for each muscle.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I'm liking the sound of that core workout, it sure does sound a lot more fun than her CCC workout. :D The problem I have with the barbell and biceps are my elbows. It just hurts. This mornings workout incorporated the barbell, but it was only used for chest, back and triceps. I think that the exercises that she used the barbell with where perfect. I love my barbell too.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Nice that you where able to go out on Friday, and able to visit your friend. I'm sure that we will have to garden soon, but we had rain all weekend, so nothing was able to happen with that. Glad to hear that the hummingbirds have arrived, and will continue to give you both joy in seeing them. Our garden center doesn't have annuals yet, just to cold right now. Sorry to hear that yours was picked over so much. That is to bad that the garden center doesn't have that information about what attracts them to the flowers. Ours even says if they attract bumble bees or butterflies.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very nice. We spent the bulk of it buying flowers and vegetable plants and some herbs and planting them. We woke up to rain on Saturday, but it ended up being the perfect day to do the bulk of the work because there were far fewer people out, and once the rain ended, the temperatures were very pleasant to work in. Yesterday we re-visited the local nursery and Lowe’s for more plants....and they were crazy busy. But we got what we wanted, and I am very happy how things came together. Now I just have to keep everything alive. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Core Control from her Build Balance DVD, followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disc 1/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, the STS Extended Stretch, and Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT and Bonus Pyramid HiiT. Today was Cathe Live Legs Express:Moderate Weights followed by a surprisingly tough 45 minute Climb ride with Peloton. I finished it with the Balanced Core premix from Cathe’s Core Max DVD.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry your garden centers are so picked over already. I was very happy with our selection here. Hopefully you get more in. Yay for the hummingbirds! I haven’t seen another one since the one I saw last week, but hopefully now that I have petunias and marigolds planted, they will spend a little more time here.

Laurie, I completely understand not wanting to do anything after helping somebody move! About every third night I have a dream/nightmare that we are moving again. Moving is no fun.....and a lot of work. I am sorry you don’t like what you did on the quilt. It is so frustrating having to rip stuff out. I do it all the time when I am crocheting. DH asks me why, and I always tell him that as frustrating as it is to start over, it is far less frustrating than working on something I am unhappy with. Anyhow, great workout this morning. Sounds like a fantastic workout. And, yes, Metabolic Core was FAR more enjoyable than Cardio Core Circuit! :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Peloton Beginner Advanced Ride, STS Disc 3/Legs and Ashtanga Yoga. It was a sweat fest between the Peloton ride and the leg workout. Wow!
    We had a gorgeous sunny and windy day today. I think we hit 78 degrees.

Every year I get or make baskets of Calibrachoa (looks like a small Petunia) and Verbenas. Today I found out our local supermarket had flower baskets so DH and I rushed there during his lunch time. The baskets they had were Calibrachoa mixed with Verbenas. How lucky for me! I've been getting these flowers for as long as I can remember. The Hummingbirds love them and the Hummingbird Moth also loves the verbena. I hope I can get a moth here this year. I always got them in MA. My dwarf Lilac tree arrived today and it already has flowers! I got 5 baskets and I already had 4 plants. Our deck looks beautiful with all our plants BUT the pollen! OMG! Everything is yellow.

Laurie, sounds like another great KCM workout! Good job! I think you did good by not working out on Sunday after you helped someone move the day before.
    Sorry you weren't pleased with your quilting. I am sure you will come up with something great!

I'm sure you will be working on your garden soon. DH needs to get some soil so we'll be going to the Home Depot garden center tomorrow. Our soil is clay so every hole he digs has to be filled with a mixture of soil and cow manure. I'm sure I won't leave the store empty handed either! LOL
    Sounds like your garden centers are very well organized! Here you have to read each plant's tags to see if they attract any pollinators!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice and productive weekend! I am sure you'll be able to keep those plants alive.
    Great workouts!!

I think people went crazy buying plants now that it appears we are done with our winters! I hope I can find a couple of more plants tomorrow. Otherwise; we'll hit a nursery over the weekend.
    I hope your hummingbirds will arrive soon. I bet the one you saw was on its way north. I saw our two fighting for the feeders today.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Burnout Lower Body. Another great workout, and I should be feeling this one later today or tomorrow for sure. Another one that she did tabata style, so you get a small break. She did one weighted exercise, and then a bodyweight for 3 rounds.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! I bet it was super busy for buying plants. I think that people are just wanting to be out and getting their yards looking good again. They are saying that we might get flurries tomorrow morning, so hope it doesn't freeze. Don't need the tulips to get frost on them. One of the good things about this move, they had a lot of people. We where able to form a line and just hand box after box along the line. Our friend was impressed that we had the moving van unloaded in 45 min. I'm going to start taking the stitches out a little at a time, just to see how the quilt looks. LOL about the CCC vs. Metabolic Core.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! Nice that you where able to score those hanging baskets. I love lilacs too! I have a lilac bush, so it doesn't get those large flowers. This one has small clusters all over. Last year was it's first full year planted, so I think that this year it should be fairly impressive. I hear you on the clay. Your area has way different clay than we have, but it is still really hard to dig a hole. Like you we have to get some plant soil and manure. Sorry to hear about the pollen though. Have fun with more garden center shopping, it is one of my favorite things. Always wanting to see if there is something new to plant.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I started today’s workout with STS Disc 2/Back and Triceps. Then, for cardio, I did a workout I haven’t done in several years....MMA:Fusion from Cathe’s Shock Cardio series. I was very disappointed in her MMA workouts from that series, so after trying them a few times, I pretty much shelved them. While I still don’t love this workout (it just moves a little too slowly for me, probably because I think she does too much break down and explanation), I really enjoyed it today and probably will try to work it in periodically throughout this STS rotation. The whole thing is really one great core workout, which is always good.

Thelma, great workouts. I am with you on the pollen! And since I like our windows open, we have yellow dust both inside and out. But the beautiful trees and flowers make up for it. Glad you found some great plants! Lilacs are one of my favorite plants, and I want to try to plant one here. We have two garden sections that the builder filled with the most unappealing plants for some unknown reason. So our hope is to eventually replace some of those plants. But I don’t think that will be this year as we need to focus on fixing our grass and doing some other landscaping where the builder just let our yard blend into the nature area behind us. That nature area tries very hard to take over our yard! So we are going to tackle that this summer, though we don’t quite know how yet.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you don’t get a freeze, especially since your flowers are just coming up. All our tulips and daffodils are done, except when I was watering today, I noticed one brand new intrepid daffodil in bloom. It made me smile. I am glad the moving went smoothly. That is a very fast time to I last a truck!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Pickleball and
    Gina B 2000 Steps.
    We went to play pickleball early in the morning because it was the only time a court was available. I pulled a muscle. It felt like something tore inside my lower glute. The injury wasn't in my glute but below the glute and it feels like it wraps around the inner thigh.

It is better but obviously the affected area is tender and tight. I've deep massaged, applied ice, a little heat and gently stretched. This morning I couldn't do a forward fold or touch my toes while seated on the floor with legs stretched out. I can do that now. I warmed up for a few minutes and did some stretching before we played but it obviously wasn't enough. It's a good thing I did legs yesterday and the courts are reserved for the rest of the week. Hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow.

We went to the Home Depot garden center and I walked out of there empty handed. They really don't take care of their plants and again I found dead plants for sale! We will go to a nursery on Thursday.

DH saw one of the hummingbirds feeding from one of the plants in our little pollinator garden today! Yesss! I've yet to see them feed off of our deck flowers but it's not like I'm spending time out there with the pollen the way it is now.

A friend sent a screenshot of a pollen count app. The count for 4/13 was 2330 the scale says that anything greater than 1500 is extreme! Pine is one the culprits and we have plenty of pine trees around our property. I'm not sneezing anymore when I go outside. Maybe my body finally got used to the pollen.

Laurie, great job with your KCM workout! Sounds like another winner!

I was expecting these dwarf lilacs to be fragrant but I don't smell anything. According to the plant description the plant has fragrant flowers. At least it has lots of buds right now.

Laurel, great workouts!

I am glad I found these dwarf plants because I just want a small garden along a fence. I'm really excited about the lilacs. I hope they eventually develop some fragrance though.
    I hope you're able to restore your grass and take care of that wild landscaping behind your house. Sounds like a lot of work!
    BTW, I woke up pretty early this morning and I can see the hummingbird feeders from our bed. The little guys were going crazy feeding at around 6:30! I wonder if they show up at your feeder early in the morning.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Trim Down Workout 1. It has been a while since I have done this one, and it was fun to revisit. Tomorrow is a heavy weight workout, and I'm going to be trying out her new RAW boxing finisher. This is just 15 min. of boxing moves, I'm looking forward to it.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! That is the exact reaction that I had to those Shock Cardio workouts. The fusion one was my least favorite, so glad to hear that you enjoyed it today. I's opt for that instead of the CCC workout in that same series. I'm guessing that you probably have that one scheduled in you STS rotation? We had temps in the 30's today, but didn't see any frost. Hopefully none of the plants have been damaged.

Thelma, Dang on the injury from pickleball. Great job on your workouts though. Bummer on the plants, but I'm sure that you will have success at the garden center. I'm getting antsy to get some plants, but have to be patient. It was really hard to put that winter coat on this morning, but it was just so dang cold. Glad to hear that you are able to go outdoors without to many problems. I noticed that our pear tree has blossoms on it, that is the part that is so pretty. I'm sure that the lilac will smell better once it has a season to grow.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin with Peloton followed by 30 minutes of Pilates with Peloton. They just released some new Pilates classes with different instructors, and this was my first try with an instructor I like to spin with. I really enjoyed it.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the injury. I am glad it was feeling better by the end of the day and hope that continues. I am sorry your Home Depot garden center didn’t work out. Our Lowe’s garden center was like that last year (and the year before), but I think they might have a new manager this year because the plants we got from there seem as healthy as the ones we bought from the nursery. I will have to check the hummingbird feeder in the mornings to see if they are there. Thanks for that information!

Laurie, great workout. I bet that boxing workout will be good. I am hoping to do most of the workouts from Shock Cardio during this rotation at one time or another since Cathe developed them to go with STS. But, honestly, there are a couple (Circuit Blast and Travel Fit) I will skip. And CCC.....well, I did the roll from your back over your feet into a push-up move yesterday with MMA:Fusion, so I know I can still do it. But....I may do it with my own version of core moves taken from her Cathe Live CCC workout. I have no problem with the cardio in CCC (especially since she has a substitute for the roll down and jump up move), but have a serious dread factor with some of those core moves. But I have six months to talk myself out of it completely too. :p Stay warm!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, My workouts on Wednesday were a Gina B. Low Impact cardio, abs and a lot of stretching/massage. I felt that I had to take it easy because my lower back was hurting. I felt like I was out of alignment. I continued to ice and stretch during the day and by the end of the day my flexibility was almost back to normal. I think that everything I've done to nurse the injury has helped tremendously with the healing process.

Our Thursday trip to the nursery got canceled. We will be going to the Lowe's garden center 30 minutes south of BR.

Laurie, great workout and I love your plan for Thursday!

Definitely a bummer with my injury but it is much better and I feel hopeful about a speedy recovery. Our local HD just doesn't have a good garden department. Clearly it is poorly managed.
    Sorry you had to wear a winter coat! I hope it warms up soon. You really need to be patient with your plants with that cold weather.
    I sat out on the deck for about 15 minutes. I eventually notice that my phone was covered in pollen so I went back inside. I sniffed and sniffed my lilac flowers and I barely detected a faint scent but I doubt it will be very fragrant. It's a dwarf bush so it probably means dwarf scent! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! I'll have to check out the Peloton Pilates workouts! I wanted to do a spin class so bad but I was worried about my inner thigh so went super low impact. Maybe tomorrow or Friday!

I am definitely feeling better. I felt that side to side movements are a bit of a problem right now. I can almost do a standing forward fold and touch my toes without bending my knees. The forward fold while seated is better but not back to my usual.

I've given up on our local HD garden center. It clearly is poorly managed. Maybe they're under staffed like the local businesses in this area. For some reason people keep quitting their jobs. They just don't stick around. Restaurants are having to close some days during the week due to the lack of staff. Some fast food places are down to drive-through service only as a result. It's crazy.
    You won't believe this but I saw two hummingbirds feeding side by side this morning. One was feeding when the other one landed right next to it and they both drank away! Amazing! I'd never seen that. It made my day! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Muscle Up W1 + Boxing Finisher with 1.5# egg weights. I went as heavy as possible on the weight workout, so it felt great. LOVE the Boxing Finisher. She doesn't do a warm up, because she using this as an add on to a workout. She does have a stretch at the end though, which is good.

Laurel, Nice workouts! Good to hear that you will be getting some new pilates workouts to try out. LOL on the Shock Cardio workouts that you will not be doing. I totally agree with your choices, of course mine would include the CCC for sure. I love that you are able to do that move, I'm getting better, but still not quite there. Now that my knee isn't bothering me so much, it is much easier to try moves like that. Still not one of my favorites, but I know that it is important to be able to get your body moving like that as we get older.

Thelma, Good job taking your workouts down so that you can take care of you back. Hope you are able to find some good plants today. Our HD doesn't have a good garden center either, like yours they tend to neglect watering. I love going there at the very end to find plants that they have really reduced, and they look like crap. I have a beautiful rose bush because of that. :D Interesting about the amount of pollen on your phone! LOL with the dwarf sent!!! :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 3/Legs, the STS Extended Stretch and then, for cardio, Cathe Live Cardio Crush. And then a long walk in the sunshine. B)

Thelma, I am glad you are feeling better. Good choice on the workouts. I definitely would shy away from spin until you feel that inner thigh feels better. That is one area I definitely feel when I spin. I hope you have better luck finding plants at Lowe’s. I am amazed you had two hummingbirds on your feeder at once! Ours always chase each other away. Still no more sightings here. I am beginning to think we won’t see them until late summer....sadly. That is interesting about your businesses not being able to keep staff. We have noticed a lot of places looking for staff here, but I haven’t heard of anything having to partially shut due to lack of personnel. But, then again, we are in a much larger city, so I suppose that is to be expected.

Laurie, great workouts! I am glad you liked that Boxing Finisher. I think I would probably be adding that to all my workouts. :p I really can talk myself out of doing some things anymore by convincing myself I am too old to do them.....so it was probably good for me to pull out a workout I had completely forgotten and have to do the moves in it because of no pre-thought alternative....like rolling from back to push-ups. Because you are right that it is important to keep the body moving in a variety of ways, and that is one of them. But I will never love that move! :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workout on Thursday was Jessica Smith Flat Abs Walk followed by a lot of stretching and massage.

My lower back is still tight and I can't seem to relax it and make it stick. Moving is key so I keep doing that. Today I actually felt tightness where I felt the original pull. I am definitely better though. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.

I am getting my curls trimmed tomorrow. I can't wait!
    We're going out to dinner with some friends tomorrow.

I was looked at the daily covid map today for the first time in months. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the entire state except for one county is yellow! Some counties are gray; which means no cases reported in the last two weeks.

It's been windy all week around here all week and night temps dropped into the high 40's, low 50's so the mornings are cool. I went out this morning wearing a sherpa lined sweatshirt and came running back inside. It felt soooo cold! LOL

Laurie, great workout! I love the sounds of that workout!

Our trip to the nursery for Thursday got canceled. We will go to Lowe's on Saturday instead.

Interesting that your HD doesn't have a good garden center either! The one we used to go to in MA was really good.

Laurel, great workout combo!

The spin workouts definitely use the inner thighs, that's why I chose not to spin.
    I hope we have better luck with plants at Lowe's too.

Our hummingbirds always chase each other away so the fact that they were on the feeder next to each other was a rare moment. Sometimes we get two at the same time but on opposite sides of the bottle so they can't see each other. Does your feeder have little perches? They love perches. I hope you'll get to see hummingbirds before late summer!
    I just can't understand why people quit their jobs around here. Apparently, it is an old problem.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 30MTF Muscle Up W2. The workout felt great, and I went as heavy as I could handle. Usually I'm not a big fan of these workouts, but that is probably because I wasn't using the right weights to make the workout effective. Change of my mindset has been working really well for me during this rotation.

Laurel, Very nice workouts, and getting in a long walk. I have to start looking at a lot of my workouts, because I think that there are some boxing premixes that I could be using. I don't want to get bored with this finisher, so I might have to do some research. I don't want to do anything that is longer than 15 min. though. I would have to do a lot of convincing to do one of those workouts, but you are right they probably would be good for me to do again. Of course realizing that I probably will be a lot slower than everyone on the DVD. Another thing that I have been able to resign myself to, just not as fast as I once was even though I think I am. :D

Thelma, Great job on getting in your stretching, but so sorry to hear that your back is still sore. I'm sure that you will take very good care of it. We actually had frost this morning. I'm sure that it will start getting warmer soon, to bad that we had some of those warm temps earlier this month to tempt us. Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like you have some great things to look forward to. The dd's and I are going to my nieces bridal shower tomorrow, so that will be an all day thing. It is about a 4 hour drive there and back. Like Laurel, our Lowe's has a better selection, but it is a little to far away. We do have a garden center that is about 2 miles from us, so we opt to go there instead.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Plus Core Express followed by a 45 minute Peloton spin. It felt good to touch on those upper body muscles again today, but I liked it was short and sweet and not too heavy. It just felt like a good way to end the week.

Thelma, nice workout. I am glad you are continuing to recover, and that you aren’t pushing the workouts until you do. We had the wind yesterday too, and I was fine with the temperature during my mid-day walk. But I went out dressed similarly when DH got home and absolutely froze.....even though the temperature had gone up! I am ready to be done with the wind this spring, that’s for sure. Enjoy your haircut! That always feels so good, especially after it has been a long time. Enjoy your time with friends.

Laurie, great workout. It really is amazing how the right weight....even just a couple of pounds in difference....can make a workout feel so different. Honestly, I can’t think of any 15 minute boxing segments I have on DVD besides some of the Heavy Bag segments Cathe has filmed. What I would love is something like the X10 DVD, but with five intense boxing or kickboxing segments. But I don’t see that happening. I am with you on getting slower. Going to those 2014 Cathe Live workouts makes me feel like I am the tortoise working out with the hare! Goodness she moved quickly. But she has slowed down too. :) Enjoy the shower!

Have a good weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice and busy weekend. My haircut went well and dinner with our friends was fun.

The weather was very nice too but we're about to go into 'blackberry' winter. I think. On Wednesday and Thursday night temps will drop into the low 30's. We'll also have cooler temps during the day. Thank God my annuals are all in planters as we'll have to put them in the garage.
    DH planted my Peony tubers but they didn't look good. He waited too long and the new growth was dried up in a couple of them. He still planted them but who knows if they will survive. At least three of them looked ok. My little pollinator garden is definitely attracting all kinds of bees and the hummingbirds.

Lowe's had the plant I've been looking for but nothing to pair it with that I liked. I didn't get it because now that it is available, it will be available for a while. Lowe's plants looked great. No dead plants around and they do water their plants!
    DH has tomorrow off as it is Patriot's Day in MA so we'll be going to the plant nursery. I can't wait!

My back is pretty much back to normal but my thigh injury is still there. It's a little tight but better. I hope I can carefully play a little pickleball this week.

On Friday I did Zumba and a lot of stretching as my back was still sore. Saturday we worked on our little garden. On Sunday I did a short Gina B Low Impact workout as a warm up and STS Disc 2 Back & Triceps which I couldn't do last week. I will do two muscle groups one day this week to catch up.

Laurie, great workout on Friday! I'm glad you figured out that the right weight was key in order to enjoy it!

I'm still nursing my injury but it's definitely better. Sorry you had frost. People in NH and MA had snow on Friday! We may just have a frost on Wed night! it's always so hard in cold climates to get a taste of warm temps just to fall back to cold ones again.

I hope you and your DD's had a great time at your niece's bridal shower!

Laurel, great workouts on Friday!

The wind was definitely cold last week. Are you also going to have cold temps at night this week?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Very nice weekend, but it was chilly. The bridal shower was very nice, and of course it was great to see family. I made my niece an art piece. I took an old window frame, and some of my mothers doilies. DH put some screening on it so that I was able to sew the doilies to the screen. I added some flowers and called it done. She really liked it, and it was a great way to show her grandmothers crochet wok. ;) On Sunday I was busy quilting her quilt, and I got about a quarter of it finished. This is not getting taken out, because it looks good.

No workout on Saturday, but Sunday was RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Box. This morning was RAW Burnout Upper Body, and I went heavy. Have to love it when you can't lift your arms over your head afterward. :)

Laurel, Great job on your workouts. I was having a hard time thinking of some of those boxing segments. I know that Kelly does have some on some of her DVD's, but they really are not as good as the one she put on her RAW channel. I will just stick with this one for now, and will probably do it again tomorrow since I'm going a lower body workout. I like the idea of an X10 type workout with boxing/kickboxing segments.

Thelma, Nice job on all your workouts. Glad to hear your back is doing a lot better, and I hope that your thigh continues to improve. I can say that your peony will probably be fine. I have planted some that really look sketchy, since they where replants from my mothers garden. At first I planted them in places that they didn't seem to like the soil, and only grew about 5 inches. I took them out a couple years ago, and planted them in different places and they are thriving. We may be getting snow tomorrow, but today is rain.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Mine was quiet as DH headed off to Alaska on Saturday. It looks like he is going to be changing jobs in a few weeks (which is a good thing) so this may be his last trip to Alaska until we go back up there on a vacation. Anyhow, I spent my weekend doing some chores, taking care of some of our plants, and then reading and working on a puzzle. It was very relaxing.

For workouts, on Saturday I took a long walk with DH before he got on the plane, and then did 30 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disc 1/Chest only, followed by an unusual combo for me because these are two workouts I rarely ever choose ‘just because’....I did X10 Step into RWH HiiT Circuit Lower Body and Abs 2. It felt tough, but it was good. Today was STS Disc 1/Shoulders followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton and the ‘Basic Stretching’ segment from Cathe’s Total Body Stretch DVD.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed your time with friends and that your Lowe’s has plants you like. Yes, we are in for those cold temperatures too. Like you, I will be able to move most of our plants inside. Some of our tomatoes, though, are going to have to rough it. I will, of course, cover them to keep the frost off of them. But we’ll see if they endure the temperature drop. At least it is still early in the season if we need to replace them. But it would make me sad to have to do that. I am glad your back is feeling better, and I hope your leg continues to improve.

Laurie, I am glad you enjoyed the bridal shower. I love the sound of the gift you gave your niece. It sounds so creative, and I love the idea of sharing her grandmother’s crafts with her that way. I am also glad you are happy with the progress on the quilt. Great workout. I had that feeling of not being able to lift my arms this morning after shoulders! It is a great feeling. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!!!

It's been awhile! Let's see...vacation in Tucson was amazing! Temps in the upper 60's/low 70's which was perfect for hiking. The boys and I hiked every day, but DH only made it out 2 days and called it good! The sun felt amazing and everything went smoothly with our travels.

Since I last checked in, I've had a birthday...my youngest DS passed his drivers test and I applied for (but didn't get it--which is ok) a new position at my company. Still looking to change to a different role, so keeping my eyes peeled. They've made changes to my job and I'm just not loving it, or my manager either. Good thing I have an awesome manager that I used to have still at the company. She's trying to get an open position on her team for me to move into :)

I wrapped up my S&S/Lite rotation...which only took me nearly 2 months to complete. I kept getting distracted with work stuff, and home stuff and the workouts went to the wayside. Today I started the RWH/ICE rotation.

My oldest DS's lacrosse season started last week, so now it's lots of time outside watching games. Sounds like you all have had the rollercoaster weather we've had here too. It's been really warm (a couple days in the 80s, several lower 70's) and then we hit these days like today where we barely get to 40. I'm ready for spring to come and stay!

Thelma, sounds like you've been having a lot of fun with pickleball (despite the injury) and getting some fun plants going. I'm glad to hear you didn't have any rain related damage, that's a lot of rain you've been getting!

Laurie, great job on the pieces for your church, I think they look amazing!! I bet it was nice to get that done and be able to do some other quilting!

Laurel, sounds like you've had some rain there too, also glad you are safe! Planting season is definitely in full swing there it sounds like! We still are hitting freezing temps at night, so I have to hold off a bit longer before starting my veggie gardens!

Have a wonderful night! I've missed you all...hoping I can get on here more often, but you know how that goes sometimes!

Erika