Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,504 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Popsugar Kickboxing, STS Disc 1 Chest and Shoulders and Ashtanga Yoga.

My back is back to normal. I did the kickboxing workout to test my upper thigh injury. I could feel it but it made aware of it so I was careful. I was also careful during the yoga forward folds. I survived! Yessss!

We made to my new favorite nursery. I love that place! The plants are healthy and organized by type in different green houses. I bought more annuals, a beautiful fuchsia plant, bee balm, lantana. I hope I can keep the Fuchsia alive. I've yet to keep one alive. This one will be in the carport by a window and it will get plenty of indirect light. I am still looking for two other plants so we will hit another nursery tomorrow. We will be gardening on Saturday again!

Laurie, great workouts! I'm so glad you had a good time at the bridal shower. Your gift to your niece sounds beautiful and so very special! Good idea!
    Good job with that quilt!

I hope my leg continues to improve and the big test will be playing pickleball. I will do a little lite cardio and stretching before we leave the house. The center is about 10 minutes from our house.
    Peonies are very picky plants. They don't like to be disturbed. They do like sun. I hope the tuber we've yet to plant survives. I'll be happy if the the three we planted bloom some day! I hope you don't get too much snow.

Laurel, I hope your DH made it safely to Alaska. I'm sure you are both relieved that this may be his last business trip there. Is the new job for the same employer just a different role? I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend!

Awesome workouts! I'll get to the optional leg workout on Friday. I think I'll do the RWH Circuit Lower Body too! I hope to be able to get a little Barre in too.

I really thought we were done with the cold temps but it's still spring! I hope your tomato plants survive the cold temps.
    Thanks for the good wishes for my back!

Hi Erika! I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation in AZ!
    Happy belated birthday and congrats on your son passing his drivers test! Sorry you didn't get the job you applied for. I hope your former manager is able to get that new position approved soon!

Congrats on finishing up your STS rotation! Laurel and I just started an STS rotation but we agreed to modifying it so that it's easier on our bodies. 1 week full STS workouts, 1 week single body parts each day, repeat, then a recovery week. Much, much easier on the body and mind!

We've really have been experiencing rollercoaster weather!

I've been having a lot of fun lately between pickleball, dinner with friends, gardening. Thank God we didn't have any rain damage. It does rain a lot here!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Hips and Glutes. I really enjoyed this one, since all the moves where done standing. Kelly actually had 10lb ankle weights, and I don't know how she did it. I had 2.5, and probably could have gone higher. I don't have anything higher, but maybe 5lb would have been okay.

I'm guessing you all saw that Cathe posted about her new BOSS workouts. If they are standing work, I will probably consider it.

Laurel, I like the sound of your weekend. Great job on your workouts! Only people like us would enjoy not being able to lift our arms over our heads after doing shoulder work. :D One of my other nieces saw the crochet art work, and said that she would like something like that also. I may be in business, just giving all my dd's and nieces presents like that. There are 11 of them after all, well now only 10 since one is ticked off my list. I will probably create one for my oldest, but using a canvas painted black instead of the window and screen. I have to do some research on making some of those cloth flowers also.

Erika, Good to see you are on to a new rotation. Don't worry about the fact that it took you a little longer to finish the last one, you where able to get it done. Your new rotation sounds like a good one also. Congrats to your ds on his drivers permit, and belated Happy Birthday! I am sending you some positive vibes for a new position. Your vacation sounds great, I'm sure that it was nice to just be someplace else instead of at home. Have fun with the lacrosse season, it is going to be getting fairly cold around here tomorrow, so I hope that you don't have to deal with that type of weather. I don't want to see that snow falling, but when temps get into the 20's it just might happen. Thank you for the kudos on the paraments.

Thelma, Nice job on the workouts, and taking it easy on your back. Glad to hear it all went well. Nice that you found a garden center that has some awesome plants. Around here they where warning people to cover their plants. This morning it was only 30, and tomorrow they say 20's. Super glad that I didn't plant anything yet. Have fun with the planting, I'm sure that I will be saying something similar next month when our planting season really starts going.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with STS Disc 1/Biceps followed by the core work from Butts and Guts. For cardio, I did ICE Rock’m Sock’m Knockout with the Blizzard Blast. That workout is always so much fun for me.

Erika, Happy Belated Birthday! I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation. And congratulations to your youngest now being a driver. I hope something turns up for you on the job front, but it definitely helps that a manager is pulling for you. Your new rotation sounds like another fun one.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad to hear you are feeling back to normal. I am also glad you enjoyed your trip to the nursery. Sounds like you bought some amazing plants. My DH will be changing companies. He is beginning to question the integrity of some of the leadership in his current job, and while their conduct isn’t criminal, they are misrepresenting themselves in the contracting process. And that does not work for my DH.....and it shouldn’t. The new company is working on his background check right now, and he should be good to start mid-May. He’s excited, and so am I. I am mostly excited that he is changing jobs and we aren’t having to move! :D

Laurie, great workout. I saw that update yesterday about Cathe’s new workouts, and this is what she was probably referring to last November at the Virtual Road Trip. I will definitely get them because I really want the bands, and I figure I can always use a good band workout. :) Sounds like you have some future projects lined up for your daughters and nieces.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Tuesday's workouts were Zumba and stretching, Pickleball, Gina B 1 Mile Hiit Walk, STS Disc 1 Biceps Only, Stretch.

Since I tested my legs on Monday my thigh injury felt tight today. I felt it when I did the Zumba workout so I was worried. I was very careful during pickleball. I didn't run around for the ball and every time I had to pickup a ball I bent my knees carefully. I walked for about 10 minutes after pickleball and stretched. I was worried about the tightness I was feeling.
    I spent a lot of time stretching and massaging after my STS workout and my leg feels better than it has in days! Thank God!

We went to the local nursery and bought two perennials. I found out they no longer sell annuals and their plants are more expensive than the nursery in the next town over which I like better.

Laurie, the hips and glutes workout sounds great! I'm glad you enjoyed it. 10lb ankle weights! I don't know how she did it! Sounds like it would be brutal like the Barlates workouts!

I hadn't read about Cathe's new fabric band/loop workout. My lite loop doesn't stretch at all like what she is showing on her FB pictures. From what I read on FB the workouts include standing and floor work. I'll have to see what else she tells us about the workouts.

Sounds like you're going to be very busy making your nieces the crochet art work!

It's a good thing you haven't planted anything yet. You are definitely going to be cold. We'll put our plants in the garage on Wednesday and probably will leave them there until Friday.

Laurel, nice workouts! I love Rock'm Sock'm too. I may give the spinning bike a try with a low impact workout.

I am almost back to normal. The fact that I've done all these workouts this week so far is huge.

I am so glad your DH has found himself another local job and that you don't have to move. I totally understand the issue about the integrity of a job leadership. I lived it! Will your DH be taking a few days off between jobs? I'm happy for him and for you about his new job. I'm sure there's been some stress involved.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Dang it was cold this morning, we had high 20's. My workout was 30MTF Stepboxing 2 Workout 1, this was very enjoyable.

Laurel, Very good workouts, and nice that you where able to do one of your favorites. The new workouts look like they will be really good, and I'm glad that she is able to get some more filming done. I'm sure that she is behind the schedule that she has been wanting to accomplish from last year. I hope that your DH's new job will be awesome, and don't blame him at all for changing if he is uncomfortable with the code of conduct for the company. Of course the positive is not having to move again. ;) I'm really looking forward to retiring, so that I have more time to do all my projects. I was in my basement yesterday doing some organization, since DH was having to deal with his Mom and her doctor's appt.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts. I hope that your efforts make your leg feel better and better. You need to be able to run around during pickleball. ;) I think that you have found your garden center in the next town. I have three of the fabric bands, and the one that has the least tension moves a lot like the one that Cathe is using. Not that it is easy at all. I'm glad that they all are not getting married anytime soon, so I don't have to worry about making some more of the art.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 3/Legs followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton. This was one of those days where I felt I would have nothing to give my workouts since I felt so low energy this morning.....but both workouts ended up feeling great. I think my mind just wanted the day off. :) I am glad I didn’t listen. Part of the lethargy is probably due to the cold front that moved in. We were in the mid-30s this morning and will be colder tonight. DH and I were comparing temperatures this morning, and you know it isn’t normal when Alabama is just a few degrees warmer than Central Alaska this time of year. :o Today is our 31st wedding anniversary. That is hard to believe.

Thelma, great workouts. It sounds like all that you did to get ready for pickleball and what you did after was incredibly effective. I am so glad you are feeling better. Kudos to you for sticking with these workouts through this injury. I doubt DH will take time off between jobs. I was trying to convince him to do that the other day, but he feels a sense of responsibility to his current employer to get them ready for his departure as much as he can. This is the guy who would be in his office late at night before every move we made in the military, so this does not surprise me. :)

Laurie, great workout. And I said pretty much the same thing this morning about the cold when I stepped outside to make sure our tomatoes were still covered. I was surprised when Cathe announced she had already filmed these workouts, but it could be that she didn’t want to announce anything and then have COVID protocols kick in again and force a delay. So at least the most logistically difficult part of the process is complete. But I would imagine this is it for workouts from Cathe this year, which makes perfect sense. Hopefully next year will start being a little more ‘normal’. How is your Dad doing?

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were a Peloton Low Impact ride and STS Disc3/Legs followed buy a long stretching/massage session.
    The bike ride made me feel the inner thigh injury but I pushed through. I had to keep the leg exercises shallow and used lighter weights. The good thing is that the stretch/massage session and heat helped a lot.

We've had a super windy day. DH brought all the plants in planters into the garage. We were not going to cover the new perennials on the ground but at the last minute DH remembered that the last frost burned the new growth on my Rose of Sharon plants. He only had one tarp so that wouldn't work. Thankfully we need the wildlife and go through huge bags of deer and bird food. He saves some of the bags for trash. I went into the garage and saw that we still own tomato cages! I told him we could put them upside down and put the giant bags over them. He had to pock holes in the right places and it worked! I also had bought lawn staples last year to hold our bird bath stand securely and those things came in so handy tonight. Other plants we covered with plastic buckets.
    We froze while doing this even though we were bundled up. It was great team work though.

Laurie, awesome and fun workout!
    So far nursing my leg injury has really paid off. It was a scary injury for sure.

I have definitely found my new garden center. It really is a no brainer.
    Do you think that fabric band can stretch enough to do standing rows? My bands are very wide. I'll have to test it out. I guess it's more about having the strength to stretch it out that much! LOL

It definitely is a good thing your nieces are not getting married any time soon but it's good to know what their gifts will be!

Laurel, great workouts! I was feeling tired today and procrastinated for a while before doing my workouts. Like you, I also felt better after the workouts.

I just can't believe that Alabama gets so cold! You pretty much have the same temps we have here in BR. I had to turn the heat back on today.
    Happy 31st wedding anniversary. I hope you had a chance to celebrate before your husband left for Alaska.

My warm up strategy pre-pickleball was really effective. I will do the same tomorrow. Thanks so much for the kudos!

I totally understand your husband sense of responsibility for his current job. I had to get kicked out of the building on my last day of work because I kept working! LOL

I hope you managed to cover all your plants!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

What a crazy weather day yesterday! We had snow squalls that rolled through, so it created white out conditions. Because of that there was a multi car pile up on one of the freeways. Now am crossing my fingers that my annuals are going to be okay with the snow and frost still on the ground. This morning my workout was RAW Fitness Ladder, and again it was a very enjoyable workout.

Laurel, Happy Anniversary! Nice that you where able to get through the workout and find out it was great for your body. I kind of like it that Cathe was able to film these workouts before there was a presale. I'm thinking that because there where only two of them, it was a more economical process. Your temps are what we are having, but I'm guessing minus the snow. My Dad is doing okay, not much progress. My Mom is trying to get him transferred to the local nursing home. His doctor said that it would be okay, since he practices at both facilities. Unfortunately the insurance process sucks, and the facility that he is currently at was not giving him PT until my sister confronted them.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! I gave up covering things, because there is just to many areas to cover. We will just deal with the aftermath. Good job that you both where able to get things covered up, and of course being able to use other items for covering. I don't know if the fabric band would be good for rows, have not tried that. Try it out to see if it works.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 2/Triceps followed by Laurie’s favorite workout.....Shock Cardio Cardio Core Circuit. ;) I did the latter as a last minute decision, and actually enjoyed it today. And I didn’t do any substitute moves. But it still amazes me how Cathe could put together a work out like that which is entirely without any ‘fun’ factor. It felt good today, though. And then I moved all our plants back outside and mowed the lawn.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad the spin didn’t seem to do any lasting damage on your inner thigh. I am glad you got your plants covered. I froze when trying to get the tomatoes covered last evening. But they seem to have weathered it well. We had no frost here, so I decided to put our plants out again even though it is still supposed to be chilly tonight. The sun is shining bright and it is a beautiful day so I hated keep them inside. After tonight it warms up significantly, so I think they’ll be okay for now. I hope.

Laurie, yikes on the weather. It seems the snow doesn’t want to stop yet this year. I know both of my sisters in Colorado have had more than enough of snow. No doubt you are feeling the same thing. Hopefully your plants survived. I am sorry your parents are having insurance difficulties, but I am not sure there are any other types of experiences with insurance. :# Hopefully he gets moved closer to your mom....and they do effective PT with him. That must be so frustrating.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Pickleball and JS standing Abs, STS Disc 2 - Triceps Only, Stretching.

The glute/inner thigh injury felt tight today because of the leg/spin workout the day before. I made sure I warmed up and stretched before pickleball. I took it easy at first and I was able to do a little running today.

I have no idea if we had a frost last night. The grass didn't look like it had frost on it but DH said he saw cars with frost on them when he went to play pickleball in the morning.

DH and I are trying to find a good Mexican restaurant. So far nothing in two different towns. We're going to Ellijay which is 30 minutes south of BR. This town has at least six Mexican restaurants.

We have some plants to plant on Saturday and it appears that is going to rain! At least some of them are going in planters which I can do under the carport. We are also going to make a little hummingbird bird bath. I have all the materials ready to go. I bought a Mt St Helen carved rock and it already has the hole for the pump. The guy I bought it from did a beautiful job with the rock. I never thought I would be saying that a rock was beautiful but this one is beautiful.

I'm glad our plants are still covered and the others are in the garage because we're under frost advisory tonight again.

Laurie, great workout! What a traffic nightmare with the snow squalls and the multi car pile up!
    I didn't realize you had bought some annuals. Did you plant them?

I can't believe the facility your dad is in wasn't giving him his PT!! Thank God your sister confronted them. I hope your mom is able to have him moved to a local facility soon.

You do have a real garden so I can imagine what an impossible task it is to cover everything. Someone here used sheets to cover all her planting beds. She said her yard looked like a ghost town! LOL

I haven't tried to do rows with the fabric bands but I just know I won't be able to do it. They are just too hard to stretch.

Laurel, great workouts! That Shock Cardio Core Circuit sounds like a killer.

I'm glad your tomato plants seem to have weathered the cold well. I really don't think we had a frost either. It was 29 degrees early this morning, but like I mentioned above the grass didn't show any indications of frost.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Cardio Crush, and I loved it. She remade this one, because the original was at the very beginning and was to dark. Next time I do this one I will be using my egg weights for the boxing moves.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and having CCC be somewhat enjoyable. :D We are hoping that this last snow was the end, we have had snow in May though. So far the plants appear to be okay, and we have started to warm up. If you can call low 40's warming up. ;) The transition from Medicare to Medicaid has been a rough one, and my sister has been dealing with it all. She is working from home, so it is slightly easier for her to deal with the insurance issues. It would be tough for me to do, since I'm in an open office situation. I have to deal with some awful accounts receivable people sometimes, and when I get testy with them, my co-workers notice the conversation. Sometimes I wonder how some AR people have a job that requires adding. :/

Thelma, Awesome workouts! Continued improvement on the thigh, that is the important thing. Hope you are able to find a great Mexican restaurant. Love the sound of the bath, hope that it all works out so that you can see that. No we have purchased any annuals, it is just my perennials that are coming up and I'm letting them free range in the frost. :D The garden centers only have annuals in the green houses right now, so I'm going to wait until they have their plants out in the sun. I live by two of them, so get to see if the plants are out. I went by another one this morning, and they where having a "Pot Sale". Made me laugh out loud. :D

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 2/Back followed by a 45 minute Peloton spin. Then I finished it off with the LITE Extended Stretch 2, which hits those hips so good. It felt great after the spin.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad your thigh eased up during the Pickleball. Hopefully it continues to heal. We are expected to get some heavy rain tomorrow as well. Hopefully you are still able to plant. I love the sound of your hummingbird bath. We didn’t get nearly as cold last night as the two previous nights, so I am glad I took the plants back outside yesterday. We have a tendency to throw seeds into a pot every now and again just to see what happens, and I noticed I had a little leaf popping out today! I think it liked being back in the sunshine. Hopefully it turns into a zucchini plant sometime this summer. :)

Laurie, sounds like a good workout. I love that she took the time to remake it in better form. That is the sign of true professionalism right there. I had forgotten that being in a Nursing Home means Medicaid and not Medicare. I will say when my mom was sick and going from in-home hospice to a hospice home, the transition in Medicare was seamless. I am sorry you and your family are having a frustrating experience with this. And I hear you with people working in accounting!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice and productive weekend. The Mexican restaurant was pretty good for this area. Again, having to lower our standards. We will definitely be going back because it is the best Mexican restaurant we've found so far. Their chips and salsa are awesome, just the way we like them. I told DH I'd go back just for the chips and salsa.

After dinner we went to Lowe's where I proceeded to change my birdbaths design. I bought large terracotta bowl planters and saucers. Of course, they are not waterproof so while at Lowe's I looked up how to waterproof terracotta and bought what I needed. I also bought some begonias for a shady area. I have been wanting a cement/concrete bench for an area on our lower level where there's a river rock wall. I found the perfect bench because it was made with pink sand (so they say!) which makes the perfect color for our rock wall. It's right across from our pollinator garden where one of our water features will go.
    We had steady and heavy rain since Friday night all the way into Saturday afternoon.

We decided to do an inside project. We have a light fixture in our living room which is at the highest point of our vaulted ceiling. It is a huge log chained to the ceiling with 4 lantern type light fixtures hanging from it. Thankfully DH bought a pretty tall and sturdy ladder. It took us two hours to clean those pretty dusty fixtures. The house is 5 years old and I don't they they had ever been cleaned. DH thought he had cleaned the first fixture but eagle eye Thelma could see they were not fully clean. So I went up the ladder. OMG! I can't believe I did that! My head was about 11ft off the ground! So DH washed the glass with a sponge and one of his special cleaning clothes and I went for the second pass with a microfiber cloth and alcohol. OMG! What a huge difference! Our light fixtures look amazing.
    After that we went outside to put together my mixed potted plants. Today DH finished planting the last 4 plants for my pollinator garden. Looks like I need one more plant!

My workouts on Friday were KCM RAW Box & Tone and STS Disc 2/Back Only, Stretching. I loved the RAW workout because it was also a leg/glute/ab workout. I used my 1 lb dumbbells.
    Sunday's workouts: Peloton Low Impact Ride and STS Meso 1, Disc 4 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps, stretching.

My glute/inner thigh injury is MUCH better so I need to keep working on loosening up the muscles there. I chose a low impact Peloton workout specifically because of the injury and it went well.

We are going to have a warm and dry week. Temps during the day will be in the low 70's and two days low 80's.

Laurie, great workout! I love Kelly's kickboxing workouts! I really think she has the most fun workouts.

I'm glad your plants appear to be OK. I'm so glad your sister is dealing with that challenging Medicare to Medicaid transition.

I can't wait to start working on my two birdbaths. We couldn't varnish the terracotta pieces because it was raining and today we didn't have time.

I wonder how many people got excited about the 'pot sale' at your garden center and were disappointed once they got there! LOL

Laurel, fantastic workouts! I'll have to try that LITE Extended Stretch!

We got all of our planting done and our deck looks beautiful with so many flowers. My Morning Glory seedlings are still growing but nowhere ready to be outside. How exciting that a zucchini seedling is growing in your planter!
    BTW, I found out this weekend that 80% of the hummingbirds' diet are insects! They do need protein and more so when they have to feed their babies.
    I discovered a feeder but I felt it was expensive and huge. I belong to a FB hummingbird group and asked if anyone had used the feeder and only a couple had used it and not with much success. A lady told me that she hangs party favor size galvanized buckets with pieces of banana, apples or any fruit/vegetable scraps to the the little buckets. Needless to say I'm going to up my hummingbird feeding game by adding the protein buckets. We had a plastic jar in which I've started a hummingbird kind of compost bucket. You have to allow the fruit fly larvae to get started in the container. I HATE fruit flies inside the house and I'm afraid I may have some get inside but I'll deal with that when it happens. We will drill holes at the bottom of the buckets so that rain water drains. I'm excited to see if this works. At least I only spent $11 for the buckets as opposed to $27 for the feeder.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Very nice weekend for doing projects, but it sure was a cold one. It was sunny though. I gave myself a schedule on Saturday, so that I could get a little bit of something done of everything that I was wanting to get done. So I only worked on the quilting of my nieces quilt for 2 hours, but was able to finish the portion that I was wanting to get done. I even set aside time to get my workout in, and that was RAW Ripped and Ride March 2019. Kelly uses the stationary bike, and I used our elliptical. That one left me a sweaty mess at the end. No workout on Sunday, and I was able to do some catching up on my squares for my oldest dd's quilt. We also got dh's classic car out of storage.

This morning's workout was RAW Lower Body Limitations. All upper body while sitting. She did 25 sec on 3 rounds for each body part. In between each 25 sec, she inserted boxing moves for 25 sec. Not a strenuous workout, but it let's you go heavy. This weekend Kelly put up six of her RAW workouts on youtube. One of them is a 15 min. boxing add on, just in case you wanted to do a short workout. ;)

Laurel, Great workouts! I'm ready for this cold weather to head out, it has been to cold to be outdoors for any extent of time. DH doesn't even want to go out and mow the lawn, because he would have to be bundled up. I'm hoping that everything starts to get better. I think the problem with the insurance is that he has to make progress with pt for the facility to get $. So if they feel he isn't making progress then they stop PT. To me it doesn't make sense, but I guess they want what little money they get to be worth something. Just feel sorry that my Dad is wanting to improve, but his body isn't cooperating.

Thelma, Your weekend really does sound like it was productive. Great job on your workouts, and I'm sure that you will enjoy some of the new ones that she has added to the mix. I highly recommend the Lift n Box workout if you liked the Box & Tone. She does use the barbell, but of course you can sub in the weights. I can tell you that I would have never gotten on that ladder. I'm very fearful of heights. Nice that you where able to get the fixture cleaned up. Glad to hear that your thigh is improving. I'm with you on the fruit flies. The only way that I have been able to get rid of them is to put out vinegar.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a nice weekend. It was a nice weekend here. DH got home Saturday afternoon, which is always nice. All of his flights were even on time, despite some pretty rough weather here when he was getting in. Yesterday we did some work in the yard, went to Lowe’s’s for a couple of things (and I managed to escape without buying any more plants) and took a really nice, long walk. We are supposed to be in the 80s for the next few days, and I am looking forward to that.

I rearranged my workouts again this weekend because I got my second vaccine shot this morning. I want to be prepared for not being quite up to working out the next day or two. So on Saturday I did STS Disc 4/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by F/S Boxing Bootcamp cardio and core. Yesterday was Cathe Live Give Me More Legs and Core followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton. Today I did STS Disc 5/Back and Triceps before my appointment. I am toying with doing some cardio later, but I think reading my book will win that battle. 🙂

Thelma, great workouts. Sounds like a very productive weekend. Sounds like you have a great plan for your hummingbirds. We still aren’t getting any but we have so many projects we need to do on our yard, I think we might just need to figure out the hummingbird situation next year. Now that we have houses on both sides of us, it is past time for us to do some serious landscaping in our backyard. I am hoping we come up with our plan for that next weekend so we can get working on it before the heat arrives. No doubt cleaning that light fixture made all of the difference. We have some of those we need to take care of too....but nothing quite so high up!

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the cold weather this weekend. I hope that changes soon. Sounds like you got some nice work done on your projects though. I like the sound of both workouts you did. Again....just very unique. Thank you for letting us know that boxing workout is on YouTube. I am definitely going to give that a try. Maybe if I do convince myself to do some cardio today....that is what I will do. The punching will probably help keep my arm from getting sore. :) Anyhow, that is awful that they stop your Dad’s PT because they don’t get money if he doesn’t show improvement. Stuff like that just makes my blood boil if I am being honest. This must be so frustrating for you and your family.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Zumba, STS Meso 1, Disc 6 Legs and Ashtanga Yoga.
    My thigh continues to improve. I was able to push myself a little harder with this leg workout but I could feel the tightness in the area where the pull happened.

We had a beautiful sunny and warm day today. I'd almost forgotten what warm weather felt like! It seems that we've been on the cool side of the spectrum for a very long time!

Laurie, you also had a very productive weekend! Good job with the quilts!

I'm so sorry insurance is the reason why your dad isn't getting his PT. They should think that it's not just about the physical part but also it stimulates his mind and it gives him hope.

Great workouts! OMG! Thanks for letting us know that Kelly added new workouts to YouTube! She even has a glute one with the fabric bands! I'm really excited about trying her other workouts.

I never thought I would've gotten on the ladder but I had to clean those fixtures and this is a really secure ladder. It was scarier going down than going up.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and that your DH is back home!
    Too funny about escaping Lowe's without buying any plants! LOL

Great workouts and good job for planning ahead in preparation for your second vaccine! I hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

I can't believe you don't have any hummingbirds yet. Do you still have your feeder out? Some people around GA (I belong to a hummingbird group on FB) haven't seen any hummingbirds either. I really think it's because they're finding plenty of food in nature. You are going to be busy with landscaping! I was telling DH that we need to get some ground cover plants for those areas where erosion is happening. So that will be added to our project list.
    The light fixture looks great now. The funny thing is that we hardly turn that light on. We have enough light from the lights in the kitchen since it is open concept.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited April 2021
    Morning Ladies,

Our temps have gone up, and of course that means a sinus headache for me. I did get myself up to workout, and I did 30MTF Split Sessions Lower Body. Tend to forget how good that workout is. Kelly added another workout on youtube, this one is Box & Pump. I have done that one in the past and really enjoyed it. I wonder if she will be doing memberships on youtube. I know that more and more of my subscriptions have memberships so that you can view more content.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts! Glad to hear that your DH is home safe, and that you where able to enjoy some time together. We are going to be in the 60's, so that is nice. Of course it also means that we are getting rain, but apparently we need the rain. It doesn't look like it to me, but the Smokey Bear sign by our fire station says that the risk is high for fires. Hope that you where able to enjoy your book. I'm still making my way though all the JD Robb In Death books again. I'm about 1/3 of the way through them, and she has put out 2 new ones since I started that I have not read yet. Hope that your arm is okay, and that you don't have to bad of reaction. My Mom had chills and a fever for her second shot.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts! Glad that your weather is improving, just like ours. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather also. The only problem I have is that it started to warm up in the middle of the night, so blankets where starting to fly off the bed for me. :D I have not tried that glute workout yet, so if you do try it I would be very curious how you liked it. We had a carpenter at our house yesterday to replace some siding, and he couldn't fix all of our siding because his ladder wasn't tall enough. Our chimney is really high, and I'm glad that I will not see these guys on ladders while they paint our house.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies, Happy Tuesday!

Just plugging away over here with my RWH/ICE rotation, and really having fun with it! My youngest DS got confirmed Saturday, so we had just our parents over, which was nice. The ceremony was all outdoors though, and it has been cold here! Still nothing on the job front, but we did have someone put in their resignation last week, so right now I'm extra busy with covering until we hire a replacement. My job change may need to wait a bit, unfortunately.

Thelma, I'm picturing how wonderful your yard must look with all of the wonderful plants you got, how fun!! Nice job on getting up that ladder and tackling the light fixture...that's a log ways up! I'm glad to hear you are being careful with your injury and backing off if it doesn't feel right. Sometimes that's all it takes and slowly it gets better!

Laurie, I heard about the snow squalls, crazy with the whiteout conditions! We've been cold here, but the precipitation has been staying away, otherwise we'd have a lot of snow here. I think we may finally get out of the freezing temps at night starting with today...fingers crossed as I want to get into my gardens! Great job with those RAW workouts!

Laurel, wow you hit some cold weather there too, but sounds like it's warmed up and you've been able to get out into the yard for some planting! Great job with all of your workouts and good idea to re-arrange in preparation for your 2nd shot.

Have a wonderful day! I hope the sun is shining where you are (if so, send some this way too!)

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today was my re-arranged ‘recovery’ day from Saturday, so I did Jessica Smith’s Feel Good Fusion and 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. And since we are going to be in the 80’s, I will be taking a nice walk later. B) So far the only side effect I have had from my shot is a slightly sore arm but, honestly, my triceps are much more sore than my shoulder because of the STS workout yesterday! :D After I posted yesterday, I did Kelly’s Boxing Add-On, which was absolutely wonderful and perfect for me yesterday.

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad your thigh continues to improve. I so agree on the warm weather. It just feels so good right now. We still have our hummingbird feeder out and keep changing out the feed so it is fresh.....but no birds. But, like I said before, this is exactly what happened last year. You may be right they are just finding food elsewhere. It is okay because our ‘regular’ birds are eating us out of house and home right now! We are having to fill that feeder every day and there was one day last week I had to fill it twice. Every time I look outside, we have a half dozen birds hanging off it and others circling for a spot. I love it. :) Like you, one of our projects this year is to address erosion we have in the yard. Our backyard is a pretty decent hill sloping down, and the heavy rains can cause some damage for sure.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the headache, but good job getting in your workout. I absolutely loved Kelly’s Boxing Add-On! Thank you again for letting us know she had put it on YouTube. I can’t wait to try it as an ‘add-on’, but even in its own, it was a great boxing/core workout. I held 1# weights throughout, and it could do 2# (if I had them), but I love the focus in this. I have very intentionally stayed away from Kelly’s workouts because I feel I have enough workouts from Cathe, Cathe Live, Peloton, etc. But yesterday has convinced me to do some more, including the Box&Pump workout. I think the length and intensity of her workouts will make them a great compliment to STS.

Erika, so glad you are enjoying your new rotation. I have my fingers crossed that something turns up for you on the job front when you are able to move on. It has been quite the month for your youngest! Congratulations to him on his confirmation. I am glad you were able to share it with family, even on a chilly day outside. Sending glorious sunshine your way. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Popsugar Cardio Boxing, Pickleball and a long stretching/massage session.
    The cardio boxing routine was OK. The instructors only did the punching routines on the same side of the body. The good part is that they did mountain climbers, squats, burpees and abs. All in 30 minutes!

Pickleball went pretty well. I was a little worried because the STS leg workout yesterday was hard so I was feeling a little tight in the rear. The cardio boxing and stretching I did at home helped. We started slow but I was able to run about 80% of the time. There were some risky shots that I decided to just let go.

We had another glorious sunny day. I felt it was a little cooler than Monday but still great.

Laurie, I'm glad your temps have gone up. Do you take allergy meds for that sinus headache? I take Claritin and use Flonase nasal spray every day. The pollen still got me early on though this season.

Great workouts today. I am surprised and glad that Kelly added full workouts to YT. I didn't like GHUTV very much. The workouts I wanted to do seemed to have been part of their premium membership. It's a good thing I only paid $3 for it!

I hear you about overheating in the middle of the night. We have our AC on. We have ceiling fans everywhere but can't use them because one of my cats is extremely terrified of them.
    OMG! I almost forgot to tell you about my hydrangea. My tiny plant appears to have baby flowers. They're so small that I'm not sure it's a flower forming or just a bunch of new leaves. It almost looks like a broccoli floret.

Erika, I'm glad you're enjoying your RWH/ICE rotation! How nice that you were able to have a small celebration for your son's confirmation!

I'm sorry you haven't found a job yet. Do you think that person quit because of your boss? Hopefully being extra busy at work is a good thing. Keep reminding yourself that things happen for a reason. God is still working on your new job!

We are really happy with our little garden. The plants look really good. I still can't believe I got up on that ladder!
    I definitely being very careful about not hurting myself again. I hate being our of commission!

Laurel, great workouts and I'm proud of you for allowing yourself an easier day to recover from the vaccine. I am glad you're not experiencing any of the nasty side effects. A couple of our friends didn't do very well with the second dose.

I'm glad you tried Kelly's Boxing Add-on. I love her boxing workouts.

The warm/dry weather feels incredibly good. It looks like the pollen has slowed down too. Our deck and outdoor furniture is covered in pollen but it's not as bad as it was two weeks ago.
    I've noticed that the hummingbirds aren't around as much when it's warm. They were here last week a lot when it was cold but not so much anymore.
    Some people in my FB group are wondering why they're not seeing birds either. Some think they are still migrating and others say they are nesting. Only the females nest so I would hope males are still around. The females have to fend for themselves so they have to leave the nest to get some food.

We have so many birds at our feeders. DH spends a small fortune feeding the birds, squirrels, deer and turkeys! He gets special suet for the birds. Thistle for the little finches, nuts for the bigger birds. It's like a five star resort here! LOL
    The wild turkeys are funny. They don't even mind that we're outside. Sometimes they come by after the other animals have eaten the corn. They know DH will go out and give them some corn so they stick around. They come down the small hill while he is outside spreading the corn.
    Our house is at the top of a hill. Most of it has grass but where the lot was carved out in order to build a side driveway and a road down below is where the erosion is happening. we have a couple of small areas too that need some help. I hope a ground cover can help. We need something drought resistant.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma