What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2021
    35 mins Rebounder workout, followed by 25 mins of isometric exercises, planks and press-ups.
  • Severen725
    Severen725 Posts: 84 Member
    1 mile walk
    Jari Love - Get Ripped
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    * Around 30' yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    * 6.36mi walk at 3.7mph moving average. Bizarrely, Garmin thinks I went up 425 floors, down 396 floors, most of that during the walk. (In reality, zero stairs en route, but steady gradual elevation changes). 🤷‍♀️ Wandered the suburbs rather than walking to & on the community trail today, as there was some threat of thunderstorms, wanted to stay closer to home. (Rain later in the day, nothing more.)
    * 31' stationary bike, easy pace (mostly Z2, only 2' Z3), around an imaginary 11k or so, in my living room.

Not even remotely why I did it, but that's enough calories for not only my routine macro goals, but carrot cake *and* a pint of nice craft IPA . . . sequentially, not together. Hope everyone's having an enjoyable Friday!
  • sweetdaisy13
    edited April 2021
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    * 6.36mi walk at 3.7mph moving average. Bizarrely, Garmin thinks I went up 425 floors, down 396 floors, most of that during the walk. (In reality, zero stairs en route, but steady gradual elevation changes). 🤷‍♀️ Wandered the suburbs rather than walking to & on the community trail today, as there was some threat of thunderstorms, wanted to stay closer to home. (Rain later in the day, nothing more.)

My Garmin watch doesn't measure 'floors climbed/descended', but from what I understand @AnnPT77, for those who do, it can go a little haywire during changes in the weather i.e. becomes blustery, windy, starts raining etc and therefore does not give an accurate reading of Elevation. But like always, these stats are an approximation and are never truly accurate 😉.

• AnnPT77
    edited April 2021
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

My Garmin watch doesn't measure 'floors climbed/descended', but from what I understand @AnnPT77, for those who do, it can go a little haywire during changes in the weather i.e. becomes blustery, windy, starts raining etc and therefore does not give an accurate reading of Elevation. But like always, these stats are an approximation and are never truly accurate 😉.

Yes, thanks.

It's *somewhat* consistent, in all weather/atmospheric conditions, in seeing large numbers of flights of stairs in my outdoor walks, though I don't take any of it literally! It isn't what I'd really call hilly here, but there are several intersecting river/creek bottoms in this general area, one very close; and virtually none of any of these local walks is level, just varying degrees of gentle up/down slopes and rolling rises/valleys. Even so, I'm definitely not taking it seriously. It's plausible that there's *a bit* of extra calorie expenditure in the up/down of the terrain, but that's about as far as I'll credit. I've compared against exrx.net's walk/run net calorie estimator, with and without a gentle slope assumed, as a reality test.

The floors thing just amuses me. But yes, virtually everything the device does is an estimate.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I was worried this morning, since I suffered some vaccine side effects last night (chills, muscle aches, etc.) Had a longish ride/run on the schedule and I was not very energetic when I woke up.

I rode outdoors with two friends and once underway I felt fine. We went for two hours at an easy endurance pace(32 miles) then I hopped off the bike into a 25 minute transition run. Legs felt heavy at first, but after a mile or so I was fine.

Another two weeks of general base building, then Half Iron race distance (70.3) training begins.
  • sweetdaisy13
    10 mile trail run, average pace 9:18 min per mile.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    4 sets of leg extensions, 200 reps on leg press, 5x5 squats, 3x10 sissy squats and 3x30 walking lunges. Fried quads.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yesterday
    Pretty short rowing: 2 min 40 secs of 10 seconds on 10 seconds off x 2. My rowing machine caps at 2:40 min when set to 10/10, thus why the specific 2 minutes and 40 seconds. (Felt tired from a 9.5 hour work day, but still felt like rowing a bit).

Today
    Dumbbell lunges
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • AnnPT77
    Around 30' yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    5280m machine row, as 2k, 2k, 500m again, plus CD & row in/out; averaged 2:33.8 at 18spm on the pieces, HR under 70% reserve, so mostly Z3 (73% Z3 😉), the balance below.

The usual one per week rest day planned tomorrow, plan to do just the yoga etc. part of my usual routine. Still thinking about how I want to and will get out of my current rut, but staying in the rut until there's something more appealing. Cogitating.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    edited April 2021
    Just did a 50 minutes dance session courtesy of my online gym class💃💃💃
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Felt rough this AM. Like an idiot, I tried to scrub the pool yesterday in house slippers and fell hard on a boulder. Was lucky it seems the only damage was a sore body today and a slightly sprained right wrist.

Did 40 minutes on the rower, then 30 on the Assault Bike. All easy stuff. Wife wants to walk around for hours at an Art Festival.
  • sweetdaisy13
    11.7 mile trail/mountain run with 2,126 feet of Elevation.

6 minutes of planks and isometric exercises.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Last two days.
    Yesterday I had two things on my plate: Get a covid quick test for an event today and visit a shop I made an appointment at. Had some time between both and walked a bit through a really lovely historical town. Then some more when I ordered sushi on the way home and found out when standing in the restaurant that I'd picked the wrong time. So had to come back. In total it was about 14km walking.

Today the event in a castle garden. Mainly just walking around and enjoying myself. Walked some 10km. Then noticed that I still had some 5km run challenge on Garmin connect. So I just went out and ran 5km. Just because. Nuff done :D
  • JessAndreia
    Rowing 10 secs on 10 secs off x 2:40min x 3. Decline crunches in between.
  • sweetdaisy13
    4.5 mile recovery run.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I'd just put on my shoes for a little run, when I got an urgent email from a recruiter. Sigh. So no running today but answering questions. Still had 30 minutes left before the evening lockdown started, and so I decided to go on a stiff walk. Managed 3.5km, and that's all for today.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2021
    Upper body strength day. Day 1 of the new mesocycle!
  • JessAndreia
    edited April 2021
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Decline sit-ups
  • AnnPT77
    30'-ish yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    5.52mi walk at 3.7mph average.
    21' strength training, light conditioning weight/rep supersets (hoping to make it an on-ramp to start back up), exercises focused on the areas with rowing-related imbalance.
    30' stationary bike.