What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Sunday
    I climbed on my garden wall. I was way off form - it was a bad session.

Monday
    Gyms in the UK reopened. I went climbing.

It was an OK session. It was definitely not brilliant, but I got most of the mid-difficulty level climbs I tried. I didn't really try any hard ones - I will work my way back.

It was just under two hours, which I was pleased with. (I expected my endurance to be very poor.)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Got a late start on the workout because I set up my huge floor fan in the garage. Man, it's great! Will make the garage much more tolerable this Summer.

Did 30 minutes of supersetting, then 100m X 8 on the rower. Got down in the 1:37 range or so at the best. 175 DF -- highest drag factor I've used in around 3 years. Felt good, especially for right after a lift. Did around a 3K C/D on the rower after that. 800 calories or so for the hour.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    4.2 mile run. Feeling tired, but will do a rebounding session tomorrow and some isometric exercises.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga then...

Handstand Wall Holds - 5x20s (1m40s)
    Pull-ups - 6-5-5-5-5 (26r)
    Ring Dips - 6-5-5-5-5 (26r)
    Jumprope - 5x1m (5m)
    Hollow Body Holds - 5x20s (1m40s)
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 120 Member
    Push Day
    BB Bench press x 5 sets
    DB triceps ext x 5 sets
    BB squat x 4 sets
    Cable triceps push down x 4 sets
    BB incline bench press x 4 sets
    Cable triceps ext x 4 sets
    Dips x 3 sets to failure
    :20 on the dreadmill at 7:55 pace
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    5am cardio (elliptical) and afternoon arms (mostly biceps)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Around 30' yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    36' core-focus exercises.
    5235m machine row.

I kind of wasn't feeling the rowing tonight, kept having to pay attention to hold my usual pace for moderate SS workouts (not a big thing, maybe just slip by a couple of seconds vs. usual 500m split). Funnily enough, I ended up with HR a few beats higher than that pace would usually cost, so maybe intuition about RPE is meaningful. 😆

There was around an hour and a half of fairly vigorous yard work in my day, too, not typical for me, bend/squat/lift/carry kind of stuff to do Spring clean-up in perennial beds, so maybe just that 2% more fatigued than usual before the rowing workout, dunno. NBD, just interesting to an introspective type.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    It's amazing just how broken I felt yesterday. It was the impact of gym climbing for the first time in 6 months, and I suspect mainly the result of a couple of falls at the end of the session. (I was at the top of a 3.5 metre wall for both falls, as I'd decided steep overhangs were the ideal way of ending a long session. I got the top the second time, but was too pumped to make it down.)

So all I managed yesterday to do was a 6 mile walk.

I feel fixed today, so I aim to lift some weights; and go climbing again tomorrow.
  • missashleigh92
    missashleigh92 Posts: 37 Member
    It’s roughly a 50-55 minute walk to work so I try to do that at a moderate pace to start my day.
  • sweetdaisy13
    1.6 mile walk during my lunch break and 45 min Rebounder workout this evening, including 18 minutes of isometric exercises.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2021
    60 minutes of cardio. Same ol', same ol' for my Steady State day. 30 minutes on the rower, then 30 on the LateralX.

Only thing slightly different is I've been feeling less drained doing this and in better control of keeping the HR between 60% and 70% max. Nearly the entire workout again was right around 66%/67% of max HR after the first 9 minutes (the HR climbing slowly, like it should). Gorgeous day outside on the deck rowing.

My peace and serenity on the deck ends soon as I'm having 5 to 6 weeks of significant construction on my back yard pool and back deck soon. That will suck. Starts in a few weeks and will last most of May. Will have to move the rower to the garage if it's not too hot there (thus, the fan I set up yesterday -- huge and cool).
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    About a 6km walk.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    35' yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    5.14mi walk, 3.9mph.
    Dumbbells, few light conditioning supersets; + chin-up negatives.
    30' stationary bike, easy pace, mostly Z2, a little Z3.

Today, I needed a nap in the middle. 😆
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Just finished fitness blender's toned and curvy workout. Weather's getting really hot here so I am doing less of cardio/HIIT and more of strength training.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Treadmill
  • sweetdaisy13
    3.1 mile walk.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Dinner went wrong: too much protein (>30g) caused a crash. No idea why, but it always happens. Just about managed to get out in time, and went for a run and managed 5km, the last km surprisingly fast. Something odd happened there. Now a beer.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2021
    Same routine as yesterday. Replace LateralX with Assault Bike -- 30 on the rower first, then 30 on the AD Pro. Kept the HR in check again (almost all under 70% max and over 60% max). Worked on my playlist during the Assault Bike ride, so the HR was a bit up and down :D . Playlists are looking better though!

Rooftop yoga this evening. Wife tapped out. Just me and my daughter this time.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Oh, how to get wasted on the cheap: run all out, get thoroughly dehydrated. Drink a bottle of beer. Ooops!