What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    I was SUFFERING on my upper body this morning after poor sleep and only did 9 sets. But I revived and finished my sets this afternoon. Leg day tomorrow after a long night's rest.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    30 minute walk outside - morning
    1 hr interval treadmill - evening
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Same ol' alternating day stuff I've been doing lately:

* 35'-ish yoga - stretch - foam roll
    * 30' assorted core exercises
    * 5293m machine row, 2:33.3 pace on the pieces, 17 spm average (heh), mostly below 70% HR reserve (around 29 whole seconds above, looks like)

yirara wrote: »
    Oh, how to get wasted on the cheap: run all out, get thoroughly dehydrated. Drink a bottle of beer. Ooops!

Sympathies. I think I have that merit badge, somewhere on my adult merit badge sash (though not from running, more like rowing).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,387 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Sympathies. I think I have that merit badge, somewhere on my adult merit badge sash (though not from running, more like rowing).

Woohoo! A merit badge! Well, then it all was worth it. (and I feel like *kitten* today)
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    3.1 mile run - lunchtime
    5 minutes of planks - evening
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2021
    Getting the second vaccine shot today and last time I felt like dung, so thought I'd go at it pretty hard today while I had the chance. Did 2 X 10 minute row @ 20 SPM for the monthly indoor team competition. Did a 2:13 and a 2:12 pace for the two rows, pretty solid for me right now. Had a 5 minute break in between rows.

Finished off with 35 minutes or so of pretty hard (for me) supersetting in the garage. HRM showed around 900 calories burned for 1:10 workout.

I learned my "tree" isn't very good at yoga last night. I need some work on balance. Funny thing is that I nearly fell once or twice doing it in class and then came home and showed my wife and did the full progression the first time for her perfectly. Go figure.

Took this shot before the class last evening. Lovely venue. If you're going to be uncomfortable doing yoga poses, might as well have a spectacular view.

t1hh6wb9labf.jpg
  • alexmose2
    I did legs today and WOW I am sore. Was feeling a slight soreness from last leg session, but perhaps just because I am coming off rest week.

So, I have never done the hack squat machine before today. I put my feed close together to focus quads, and I did not need to even add weight and could barely get 5 reps with full ROM!! Anyone else feel this with the hack squat machine??
  • AnnPT77
    Scant 30' on the yoga - stretch - foam roll, because of need to get to an appointment.
    5.1mi walk, 3.8mph, kind of a lovely day, felt warmer than I'd expected (around 50F) because sunny and calm, lots of birds and blooms.
    Mere 15' of mostly-dumbbell strength supersets at very low (conditioning) weight, same stuff as last time just quicker with familiarity.
    About 30' stationery bike, very easy pace (mostly less than 60% HR reserve).
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited April 2021
    90 mins treadmill session and some random dancing. I met my goal and then some! 😊🙌🏽
  • tegass1994
    tegass1994 Posts: 11 Member
    I did my first run this year. I want to cry how out of shape I am. :(
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2021
    tegass1994 wrote: »
    I did my first run this year. I want to cry how out of shape I am. :(

I'm sorry to hear that you want to cry. Be proud of yourself that you did something. Try not to put as much pressure on yourself to be back in shape immediately. Walk/run or just walk. You're likely way ahead of where I was when I decided, around 10 years ago, to lose weight and get back in shape. I would literally count to 100 when I jogged for the first time. And that was after not being able to walk for over a year (due to a bad knee injury). Within a few years, I was running 9 mile intense trail races.

It's the consistency of doing something regularly that will get you to where you want to be. You started back again. Miniscule improvements, daily, lead to incredible changes. That's huge that you took the first step. Congrats on that decision and I hope we see you back in here soon again.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,387 Member
    Not much. about 25km cycling towards some prehistoric dolmen, and a walk around old city ramparts. Nice day, very sunny and early warm.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    1 hour Rebounding workout this morning, including 3 minutes of planks and 9 minutes of isometric exercises, then a 3.5 mile family walk this afternoon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Weight room this morning...no more requirements for reserving a spot and time limits which is nice.

Boys have their first soccer game this afternoon and then we're meeting up with another family to go mountain biking.
  • AnnPT77
    30'-ish yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    5275m machine row, pieces averaged 2:33.0/17spm, meters include row in/out intervals + CD.
    30' core exercises.

Rest day tomorrow, just the yoga/stretch planned.
    Getting the second vaccine shot today and last time I felt like dung, so thought I'd go at it pretty hard today while I had the chance. Did 2 X 10 minute row @ 20 SPM for the monthly indoor team competition. Did a 2:13 and a 2:12 pace for the two rows, pretty solid for me right now. Had a 5 minute break in between rows.

(snip for reply length)

@MikePfirrman, nice pace at that spm rating - bespeaks strength and technique.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Day off from the gym so today was lots of walking. Trying to hit 30,000 steps today.
  • alexmose2
    Day off from the gym so today was lots of walking. Trying to hit 30,000 steps today.

Wow!! May I ask how???
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    vpi8ufpz7joq.jpeg

My goal was to do 💯 floors today, I’m done ✅ Time to relax!🍹🛀🏽🕯
  • markwalker1973
    markwalker1973 Posts: 145 Member
    A spin class for me
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Was somewhat de-railed last week end, due to my own stupidity. Had Covid shot #2 last friday and I didn't give myself enough rest. Two hour bike/transition run on Sat was fine, but I had to quit 40 minutes into a 90 min run on Sunday. Could barely walk back to my truck. Dehydration, muscle aches, etc. MD gave me a scolding. She said it was the perfect storm of Covid side effects, not enough rest and dehyration.
    This weekend I'm back in the game: Friday was a long swim, yesterday was a 2hr trainer ride/ 20 min run brick workout. Today's session was a one hour "Familiar Loop" run, which my coach has me run every eight weeks or so to gauge fitness improvements.

Next week is another test week. Swim speed test, FTP bike test, etc. 8 weeks til race day.