40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Kathleen0916
    Kathleen0916 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello. First time posting and really engaging on MFP. Not sure how to join. I'm 44 and really have tried to put a serious focus on my health this year. I woke up one day in January and was over it. I went immediately into a 30 day Whole 30 style cooking/eating. I've been eating clean since January. Lost about 22 lbs initially but have been slipping with "cheat meals" on weekends so I need to reign it in this month. Last weekend was 3 cheat meals and that is enough. Thought joining a group like this will help me keep up the efforts day-to-day. I suffer from chronic back pain b/c of 2 heriniated discs so working out is a struggle. I just bought a stationary bike thinking that would be a good option. Did my first workout yesterday and it was rough lol but I got through 30 mins so I'm off to a good week. I know I have a long journey ahead and I have been good with turning the page when I do allow myself a cheat meal. I was pretty strict in Jan/Feb. I swear I gain wait just by looking at something sugary lol I am putting in a better effort this week and hoping this group will keep me going. My goals are simple...Lose weight, get strong and live healthier. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hello. First time posting and really engaging on MFP. Not sure how to join. I'm 44 and really have tried to put a serious focus on my health this year. I woke up one day in January and was over it. I went immediately into a 30 day Whole 30 style cooking/eating. I've been eating clean since January. Lost about 22 lbs initially but have been slipping with "cheat meals" on weekends so I need to reign it in this month. Last weekend was 3 cheat meals and that is enough. Thought joining a group like this will help me keep up the efforts day-to-day. I suffer from chronic back pain b/c of 2 heriniated discs so working out is a struggle. I just bought a stationary bike thinking that would be a good option. Did my first workout yesterday and it was rough lol but I got through 30 mins so I'm off to a good week. I know I have a long journey ahead and I have been good with turning the page when I do allow myself a cheat meal. I was pretty strict in Jan/Feb. I swear I gain wait just by looking at something sugary lol I am putting in a better effort this week and hoping this group will keep me going. My goals are simple...Lose weight, get strong and live healthier. :)

Welcome, Kathleen. Nothing to join here - just a place where 40+ folks post about their trials and tribulations and accomplishments in their weight loss journeys. Come on back and share your experiences.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Hello Kathleen!
  • zoewilson287
    zoewilson287 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! First time group joiner here. I really lost my grip in 2020. I'm 45, and very likely perimenopausal. Getting to my goal weight will take some serious work, but it's that or giving up - and I'm not ready to give up.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Welcome, Zoe. You'll find plenty of encouragement and support here.

Todays workout:
    Warmup routine
    Pigeon pose
    Plank Tabata - 25 seconds in each position - time to move up to 30 seconds.
    Trap bar deadlifts interspersed with squat band stretches and pushups. 3*5*165 for work sets - 3 sets of 10 pushups.
    Leg press 3*10*120 - working back up here to get back to squats at some point.

Like a lot of folks, I lost a lot of strength with being out of the gym for awhile. Was deadlifting 200+ last year when they closed the gyms. Aarrgghh! A good lesson - don't take a long layoff if at all possible.

• Kathleen0916
    Kathleen0916 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello! First time group joiner here. I really lost my grip in 2020. I'm 45, and very likely perimenopausal. Getting to my goal weight will take some serious work, but it's that or giving up - and I'm not ready to give up.

Hello. I'm going through the same thing. The progress has been slow or at a standstill. Good Luck on your journey :)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 108/365
    Body: 41/120
    Heart: 3/15
    Mind: 5% complete

Since the last update, I have...

Moderate (3x10) Legs
    Heavy (5x5) Chest, shoulders and tris
    Moderate (3x10) Back and bis
  • nossmf

Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)

To date, my progress:

Day: 110/365
    Body: 42/120
    Heart: 3/15

Hey, what do you know, me recording my workout the same day I actually worked out! Will miracles never cease?

Heavy (5x5) deadlifts

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    43 year old Mother of 2 teenage boys on her second journey to lose some weight. SO is supportive but doesn't really understand as he is relatively slim already and never had to lose weight.
    Just looking for people on the same journey that I can vent to, ask questions to, and generally not feel alone on the way.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited April 2021
    Monday was light trot & chest.
    Tuesday was light trot and arms in the garage gym.
    Wednesday was legs.
    Today was back.
    Tomorrow I’ll hit shoulders.
    Next week I have something different planned.
  • pancake4dolls
    pancake4dolls Posts: 6 Member
    Hello all! I am 41 and love being active, whether if it’s a hike, a gym workout, a flow yoga sesh, a ride on the spin bike, shooting the hoops or scootering. I would like to be able to do a handstand and a proper push up. Those are my personal goals. I would love to meet a gym buddy if anyone is local. I am based in Sydney Australia. Happy weekend!
  • Jesse_Sue
    Jesse_Sue Posts: 37 Member
    I'd love to jump in here! Just turned 43..... recently quit drinking and smoking to get super healthy like I used to be!!
    I lift weights, recently purchased a peloton bike and ride horses. My goal is to become super healthy and well hopefully lose 10 or 15 pounds along the way!!

Have a great weekend!!!
  • gam3rguy
    New routine. Was gonna start tomorrow, but my brother wanted to try it out. So....
    W1D1, “BLOW UP those damn arms”= Done!
    That was rough. I can hardly move right now.
    🤘😈👍
  • gam3rguy
    shoulders and traps today.
  • gam3rguy
    yesterday was Back! today was Chest! still on "Giant Set" week!
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 118/365
    Body: 46/120
    Heart: 4/15

Since last post, I have done:

Moderate (3x10) Chest, shoulders and tris
    Heavy (5x5) Back, bis
    Moderate (4x10) Squats
    Heavy (5x5) Chest, shoulders and tris

Date night with wife, another planned.

I need to get cracking on my book edits...
  • jasondwightpowell
    jasondwightpowell Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2021
    Cutting while still getting them gains seems like an impossible challenge!!!

I'm trying to get summer time / pool time ready. Any suggestions?

47 years old
    5' 6"
    170 lbs
  • LilMsEnergy1
    LilMsEnergy1 Posts: 49 Member
    Count me in 41 💛
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    41 here just coming back. On day 13. Looking for kind, no judgment, encouraging friends. I have 90 more pounds to lose. I'm not great at keeping up in the forums. Oh and I'm working on 30 days free from alcohol I'm on day 12.