30 DAY SHRED! Beginning tomorrow 9/1.

Options

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share my 30 day shred exerience.

I use 3 pound weights for the deltiod exercise
    12 pound weights for the first set of bicept
    8 pound weights for the remaining bicept

When doing the deltiods I lift to the eyes just like Jillian says for the first set. Second set I lift to the eyes, but I lower the thumb like I'm pouring water out of a pitcher. The deltiods have three heads and by dropping the thumbs you get them all, give it a try you will feel the difference using the small change.
    When doing the bicepts I lift just like Jillian the first set, then I lower the weight for the second set and twist the arms up, so the inside of my wrist are facing my shoulders. Gives a deep burn to the muscle doing this move.

Does anyone else walk around like a stud touching there firm stomach after doing the shred? I can't seam to get enough of the tight belly wish it felt that way all the time.
  • reneelee
    Options
    Day 10, lost no weight, put on two pounds.....lost two pounds....put half a pound back on! But, I have managed to get into size 8 trousers! Not sure if its the style, but I got in to three different pairs from three difference stores.

I am a little annoyed I have not lost any weight. But to be fair I think my body is in starvation mode so it's time for three square meals as I am not doing that.

I will add that I am no longer using weights! My arms are like popeyes, I have always had muscular arms but now they are obscene, my brother who is a body builder is in his word jealous....because that the type of definition he was would like! I do like to do more than just the one level everyday, I like to two do at least two. Makes me feel better :)

After doing the shred I'm swollen with fluid protecting my muscles. I wake up looking like the bed sheet that I slept on. I think once our muscles get used to the weights the fluid will go away and the pounds will drop over night.
  • reneelee
    Options
    Did the shred today day 4 level 1. I missed three days in a row due to illness. Today fight or flight kicked in and I was sure that I would vomit. Fought thru it and beat the flight's ugly butt.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Did day 5 of level 1, second day on Prednisone for a bad sinus infection and barely made it through, WOW, I feel worse than day one. I may not move to level 2 on day 11 unless this infection is gone, really wiping me out :(
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am SO EXCITED to start level 2. I know it's harder but I am so over level 1 :) Gotta change it up!

My favorite quote from level 1: Everyone needs a good chest press in her life. HUH? She's a little random.
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    How is everyone recoding exercise calories on the shred? I was going to start it again last week but couldn't work that bit out so have left it until I could get on here and ask

I use circuit training general, thats what most people have said they use.

I did level 1 day 6 today, I missed yesterday, my ankle was sore and i didn't want to hurt it, much better today, i'm definately feeling stronger, i can keep up with the whole thing now without resting, even those damn jumping jacks!!
  • MissLizsarab
    Options
    Thanks - no excuse not to start tomorrow now!
  • reneelee
    Options
    5th day level one done, have lost weight even though TOM has arrived yesterday. Looking forward to weighing myself when TOM leaves!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Did the first day of level 2 and wow! I was dripping in sweat! 9 more days of that? lol... bring it on Jillian!
  • lornawalker
    Options
    Completed Level 2 Day 2 (Day 12), what a killer! I was swimming in sweat, not the most attractive of sights but well worth it, I hope! Keep it up guys x
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you! Have just completed Level 1 day 4. Hoping for the awesome results that others have had. It definitely felt easier this morning.
  • reneelee
    Options
    Today I was ready to do day 6 level 1 on demand, but level 1 was erased and level 2 was my only option . So I got online and purchased the dvd. Hopefully level 2 will be available untill I receive the dvd.

First day of level 2 day 6 in working out with the shred dvd.
  • rhearose
    Options
    today i will start level 2...let's do this :)
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    did level 1 day 8 today, its definately getting easier, i feel much stronger and i already feel like my clothes are fitting better, I was able to button a pair of shorts comfortably that a few weeks ago I couldnt get buttoned!!
    Today my 10 year old son wanted to do it with me, he tried, his form isnt very good and he wants to rush through everything, but we had fun, made it go by much faster!
    2 more days of level 1!!
    Keep going everyone! we are doing great!!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    did level 1 day 8 today, its definately getting easier, i feel much stronger and i already feel like my clothes are fitting better, I was able to button a pair of shorts comfortably that a few weeks ago I couldnt get buttoned!!
    Today my 10 year old son wanted to do it with me, he tried, his form isnt very good and he wants to rush through everything, but we had fun, made it go by much faster!
    2 more days of level 1!!
    Keep going everyone! we are doing great!!
    My thoughts exactly, day 8 of Level 1 was much better, and a great work out, I'm excited for Level 2, but I'm going to finish the 10 days on 1 to make sure I'm ready. I lost 4 lbs the first week, the change in my cloths is amazing!
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off but I started back up today and i will continue.
  • reneelee
    Options
    today is day 6 of shredd and my second day of level 2
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    I am on day 13, I will be honest I do not follow any particular pattern, some days I will do all three levels, another day I may only do two and occasionally I just do 1 and a half. I pick different levels different days, but will never just do level one, I have to do one and two or three. I have not missed a day yet :D

Tonight I did level 2 and three, I nearly died! Not because I am still struggling, but I thought I would put on a coal fire tonight and nearly sweated to death working out!!!

How is everyone? Have you pushed through the burn? Don't you love the lunges!!
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 today and then rode the stationary bike for 20 minutes.

I don't know how you can do 2 levels in a row..lol...I should try to do 1 and 2 sometime.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13, I will be honest I do not follow any particular pattern, some days I will do all three levels, another day I may only do two and occasionally I just do 1 and a half. I pick different levels different days, but will never just do level one, I have to do one and two or three. I have not missed a day yet :D

Tonight I did level 2 and three, I nearly died! Not because I am still struggling, but I thought I would put on a coal fire tonight and nearly sweated to death working out!!!

How is everyone? Have you pushed through the burn? Don't you love the lunges!!

You MUST be a crazy person! lol... I'm totally done after one level!