WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,697 Member
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    edited May 2021
    Received a call from Patrick, my middle son, and he wished me Happy Mothers day💖💐. We had a nice chat and I even talked with Athena, she was prompted to say "uhh um", "yes" and repeated the word "Aurora", her dog/sister.💖. I can't wait to play with that sweet pea. Got a hug from eldest this afternoon. I definitely had a reaction to #2 shot (that I got on friday) because yesterday afternoon I just got so tired, and COLD, so I took a HOT shower, then I had to dry my hair. Just went to bed at 8:15 pm. Achy all over and still so cold! Sleep was like flu sleep, just weird dreams, etc. Woke up feeling better, and was hungry! Ate eggs and toast, grapefruit and coffee. Feels nice to not be achy!
    💖 Rebecca
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,588 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Sat: BP, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, backup laptop, pick up firehouse mail, keys in envelopes to DH, HD and SM, laptop to Doug, Freddie’s. Sun: BP, church, dogs to powerline,
    Bonus: made dip and prepped veggies for fellowship.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call Philips 1-888-381-0749 re soundbar case 02283861, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    9: Notice the beauty in nature, even if you’re stuck indoors. That was yesterday, the wind in the trees.

Machka
    prayers continue for your DH and you.
    Lisa selling lillies, aprons and unwanted things netting enough to buy groceries for the week, WOW!
    pip ((hugs))
    Allie prayers for good news at the kidney Dr.

Not much to report here. Finally finished the budget and board meetings’ minutes, kept me inside too long to get to dog group yesterday. Outside the sky is blue and the sun is shining, but oooh, that wind. Barely made it down to the powerline and definitely discouraged from playing in the dirt.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:9 , weigh/wii: 9/1/14; steps>6362=Sat 4226, Sun 3553 so far, vits=9, log=9, CI<CO=8, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=6, Shadow=6, mfp=9, outside=7, up hill=7, clean 10=3.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=2 dance=1, packwalk x2=2,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30: 141.5 5/2:, 5/9:, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=7 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,995 Member
    Pip - have a safe trip to Santa Barbara and enjoy the scenery.

Hope all those celebrating today had a wonderful Mother's Day.

My son called and I called my mom. My nephew was taking her out for lunch. My son will be here May 23 so we will go out for dinner then.

It was sunny here. I got some flowers planted . Just hope the snails and slugs don't eat them. I surrounded the planters with Epsom salts to keep them away. It has worked in the past but not always. Found out one of our neighbors is going to be moving. We will miss her but this is a good time to sell around here. Prices are crazy and places go fast.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,806 Member
    edited May 2021
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Hope Mother's Day was lovely for those who celebrate. Beth - I found you on my mind all day. There is more courage in your little finger than in most people I know combined.

My son and daughter both called yesterday. Fills my heart... we talked of nothing, but they are both happy and busy, and I told them that was my best Mother's Day present anyway. I don't send cards, so don't expect to get them, which worked out nicely. Johnny went out on his first actual date in more than a year, with a lady co-worker from Hawaii. That was pretty much all the information I got, but I try not to pry. Really hard, that not prying thing. Enquiring minds want to know!

When I talked to Kelsey, I asked her how her youngest was doing, and she sent me a snapshot of what he was doing right that second... She has quite a handful with this last one...

gzoe7wwsvgww.jpg

Was up an hour too early this morning, but there's always something to do, so not a problem. Love my husband's company on the weekends, but it shifts my priorities a lot when he's here. Oh, not in a bad way, my time with him is truly precious and usually amazing, even if it's just sitting together watching TV. But Mondays feel as if I'm getting my list back in order and back in my control.

But it's time right now to go get his lunch made and coffee made and shoo him out the door...

:wink:

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    lisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Morning ladies
    I flipped and flopped all night long.. so didnt sleep well...seems i was up every hour ,hitting the bathroom to pee..geesh
    Going to get dressed and get Homer and drop him off before going to Drs appointment
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,388 Member
    Caught up from last week!

Lisa-glad the tornado wasn't worse than it was. They are very scary things. I have only had to live through the warnings and watches-although some have landed close by causing significant damage.

Machka-hope stent placement went well. My husband had one a number of years before he passed of something completely different. It can be a very effective treatment and much better than open heart surgery.

Pip-I hope that the door is now open to healing between you and your mother. Sometimes we never really understand what causes a separation.

Last week was uneventful for me. Back and bursa seem to be healed. Getting back to regular walks and exercise (although am taking weights slowly and building strength back up-amazing how quickly it goes).

On Mother's Day I drove to youngest son's apartment in Columbus. He and gf moved a couple of months ago to a bigger place. It was the first time since pandemic began that I was in someone else's house! He grilled steaks in the rain and we had a nice dinner and visit. Ate way too much! Rain stopped (finally) on my drive back so I got a nice brisk walk in (aided by the cool temperatures). Since his gf and I are vaccinated and he had Covid a month ago with the monoclonal antibody infusion we had a normal unmasked visit. Got to facetime with Arizona kids and grandkids, so nice day all around.

Taking today off as a vacation day. Going to meet a friend at gym this am for workout. Going to grocery store here in a bit. Saturday I went to local butcher shop and got steaks for Sunday and stocked up on meats. I had purchased a food storage vacuum machine and separated meats into decent portion sides for cooking. Makes it easier for me to buy the larger quantities. Don't need meats today but need fresh fruits and veggies-will be a quick trip. Will catch up on shredding of old papers, clean floors and generally putter around, Slowly working on the house list. May take a couple of boxes to good will.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,615 Member
    Kate UK - Mine too has no idea of the problems it will cause if he is incapacitated. I don't know his passwords for anything, so couldn't access his phone, or laptop, emails, accounts, etc. It's terrible to think it would be much easier if he died.
    I have written all mine out, but it hasn't prompted him to do his. I will be doing my LPA when my friend is present for the signing.
    That might concentrate his mind. He hates to think about illness and death, despite the fact that when his previous partner was terminally ill and died without a will, it caused all sorts of problems.
    I am anxious and resentful about the whole business.

Turned on my laptop this morning to edit my memoir and the b thing is updating and updating and updating .....
    So I'm writing to you instead. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊🌞⭐
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,086 Member
    Hhhhh
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,467 Member
    edited May 2021
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I've cleaned some of the bathroom, washed and hung the towels, cleaned the washing machine and will start the dishwasher soon.

I also ran 4 km in 36 minutes on my treadmill.

Machka in Oz

And scrubbed the floors (like hands and knees and then with a mop to finish), and vacuumed again, and unloaded the dishwasher, and made his bed with the freshly washed linen.

When I'm stressed ... I clean.

I actually wish our real estate agency had a house inspection planned for this week. I'm ready! This place is probably the cleanest it has been in a while. But they have to give us at least 10 days notice and we haven't got that yet.

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2021
    Allie: I hope your doctor’s appointment goes very well. :flowerforyou:

Machka: I hope the medication route works well for your DH and he can be comfortable and enjoy life. :star:

We have a bright sunshiney morning. I am looking forward to spending time with DH, and also doing some shopping for vitamins and such. Next month is full of family celebrations. Our niece is getting married and our daughter is coming for the wedding. I am delighted that she will be here. We also hope to spend a couple of days together at the coast. I doubt that DH will want to come. We’ll see.

Katla in sunshiney Oregon

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,615 Member
    Machka - Sounds all very hopeful. I'm sure you will make sure he follows doctor's orders. <3

Katla - So glad you will be spending time with your daughter next month! :D

Proud of myself today. I managed to use my phone to print documents on my new printer. I never managed it with the old one, despite downloading apps. It was a bit of a process with permissions etc, but I got all the songs printed out for Singing Zoom and printed two more copies of my End of Life and Incapacity document. One is for my elder son. Don't always want to have to fire up the laptop when I want a quick copy of something.
    Then later on I went for a walk up to the new Lidl. It's 25 mins each way and I walked round the store, so it took me a good 80 mins of exercise. I was trailing a wheeled bag. Found a few bargains. :D Bought some 30 day aged fillet steak to have for a celebration some time.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,232 Member
    Machka, so glad your DH didn't damage his heart much and can still cycle when he is ready. Hope your week at home goes well. We will all be thinking of you.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,086 Member
    G
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    edited May 2021
    jipsfp3lcc9u.jpg
    My life feels a bit upside down. Woke up, but didn't feel like going to the gym with husband. Just no energy. That #2 dose did a number on me! Hoping I can find my groove soon. At least I don't make husband have to "try to get me going" every ten minutes until he just leaves in a huff. He told me flat out one day, " if you don't want to go, just tell me straight off, so I won't be waking you up every ten minutes"! I felt bad about it that day, so I inform him straight away. I have lost me mojo! Feeling like such a slug!
    Hugs to everyone!
    Rebecca