WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Much as I hate to, I'm going to start the next round of antibiotics tomorrow. The pain is starting, and the fatigue is starting to become overwhelming. My best friend lectured me earlier today on the phone for about 15 minutes all told regarding the stupidity of waiting until I'm laid out flat again. I guess we all need people in our lives who can prod us into doing what's best for us. Love that woman--she's a little bossy, though.
    :smiley:

You have a good friend. We all need truth tellers in our lives. In MYHO, bossy is good when a friend is telling us things we are trying to hide from admitting. You are lucky to have a bossy friend who loves you enough to tell the truth. :heart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Upped the repetitions on my water exercises and my legs especially are really tired this afternoon.

Lisa - Hope you get a handle on the gut thing. You want to be able to enjoy the grands.

Katla - thanks for passing on the news from Rori. So glad you are getting a chance to see DD and the grands What a great thing to look forward to.

Pip - Solvang is a cute town. Is it still Danish themed? Been a very long time since I have been there.

Allie - not the best news from the doctor but you are not on dialysis are you? That seems like a good thing to me. Good luck dealing with Tom.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Day two under calories!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    jud1n31o8zbr.jpeg
    It was a nice and sunny day in Vancouver, WA for Athena Day! She wore her crown all day, and surveyed her realm.😁🌹

Hugs to our amazing Rori💖. She is dealing with so much, yet is so present. Her priorities are in perfect order, hoping her husband knows she's there. When my dad had Lewey Bodies disease, it was the brain synapses misfiring, so the stalling like Parkinson's, and also dementia. We made a 3 ring binder of "Things to Know" about our father for the nurses. He worked at a bank (on days when he just uttered numbers and dates), and he loved chocolate milkshakes, (the one thing we were required to bring). Some days our dad wasn't in, just a guy repetitive in rubbing his scalp. Other times he called us "babe" and there was light behind his eyes. Hugs dear Rori!

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all of you that are struggling and those whose loved ones are suffering.

I’ve been reading along daily but I’m honestly brain dead at the end of the day. Our first live payroll is coming up.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a Body Pump DVD then walked around the block. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Hard Core Fusion DVD

andabar – Right now I usually weigh myself every day at the same time of day. I can quickly see when the weight is creeping up and then try to incorporate more exercise, even if it’s just walking around the block. I also monitor the food that I eat very closely

Cool today, in the 60’s. But Vince refuses to wear pants….lol

Barbara – congrats on the great choice of foods

I deal with stress in one of two ways. I’m either stress eating or else exercise.

Katla – thanks so much for Rori’s update. I’m so glad she is in touch with you. There’s a special place in heaven for people like her (and M). My heart is just breaking for her. When you write her, be sure to tell her we all love and miss her, but we totally understand. Add my caring, too

Happy Birthday Athena. What a princess you are!

The jigsaw puzzle I’ll do for Jess and Colby came in the mail today so I put the modpodge on the one for us for the condo and when that dries I can start on the next puzzle. Also started the border

Strung a bit more popcorn

Lisa – you put a smile on my face with your spell for Tom…..

Sue in WA – how I miss my water aerobics!

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    tp73gviwjo3h.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Lisa- havent heard that one in ages.. im not worried.. he will have to boom up one way or another.. fell asleep early.. now awake..doing circle words on my phone
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I heard from Rori, and she has asked me to share this information with all of you:

"I just wanted to give you a quick update because I know you worry when I disappear into Caregiver Cave. A week ago today, DH was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He could not get out of bed, and could not walk even with assistance. I noticed in the previous 2 weeks he had slowed down, but could still stand and walk. But, he declined over night. Today, we have a diagnosis of Parkinsons with dementia. He has remained in the hospital awaiting placement into a skilled nursing home with memory care. Given his advanced dementia, the goal is just to keep him safe and comfortable. Rehabbing to his previous level of mobility is a long shot, and a lower priority. They also found a slow flowing vein in his brain, which has probably been there for a long time. He is being watched carefully for any more clotting.

I spend 11-12 hours a day with him. His tremors come and go, so I like to be there to order his meals and help feed him. Staying in bed is so foreign to him, and he still thinks he can get up and go to the bathroom. I play music and give him hand massages to help relieve stress and frustration. It is exhausting, but I also consider these moments sacred and precious. There is nothing more important on my plate.

I don't know when I'll be able to catch up with our forum. Please feel free to share this news with the group, and know that I feel the prayers and love you all send my way."

Tell her we are praying for her. :heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every May 12 , the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.

https://www.icn.ch/what-we-do/campaigns/international-nurses-day
    97kfbanj55au.png

A big thank you to all the nurses!
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to Athena. Looks like she had a good one.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Options
    I had to skip a meeting today—-not feeling good enough. I called in sick. I have a headache, and hope it goes away soon. :star:
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Just found out our Zumba class will be starting back again next month- will be a bit of a challenge doing it with masks but I will try it. I saw a video of my teacher doing another class- they have six foot circles on the floor and everyone had their masks on.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, call Philips 1-888-381-0749 re soundbar case 02283861 now warranty case
    Bonus: 3 more carts of salal to brush pile, responded (“hunh?”) to lender’s letter requesting manufactured home release of title etc., 73 mins line dancing
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting prep, budget hearing and board meeting, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    11: Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times.

Katla thank you so much for sharing Rori’s update. Whooshing love and strength to her throughout this difficult time.
    Many others I wanted to respond to (Debbie thanks for the artichoke plants thought, Lisa ‘the fleas of a thousand camels…’ :laugh:, Karen thanks for updating us, Allie hugs, Tracey good luck with first payroll in new system, Michele “Vince refuses to wear pants…” :naughty:, Machka ditto your big thank you to all the nurses, especially those on this thread) but alas I’m pooped from chopping salal. Couldn’t even dance the full two hours tonight. And barely made a dent.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:11 , weigh/wii: 11/1/14; steps>6362=5922, vits=11, log=11, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=8, Shadow=8, mfp=11, outside=11, up hill=11, clean 10=6.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=2 dance=2, packwalk x2=2,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=9 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    For Rori and Katla: I feel sad after hearing the update via Katla from Rori about her husband. I hope the transition to skilled nursing goes as well as possible, and I hope that Rori's husband will be up and about soon. In light of previous posts which have made it clear that he is used to being on his feet a good number of hours each day, it must be difficult for both Rori & her husband for him to be confined to bed for any period of time. :'(<3

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    oops! someone hit the disagree button on my post for Rori and Katla. probably a mistake. :)

<3

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    All quiet,
    Boys at the groomers,my dear friend that brought Alfie toys paid for his grooming appointment not nessasary but much appreciated..
    I fell asleep early last night,and then woke up and was awake for 2 1/2 hrs and woke up at 6 to pick Homer up and drop them off..
    Watching Touched by an Angel