SandTiger's work in progress thread - starting weight 245

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hey thanks! That's a fantastic thread and a great resource. I haven't had any kids so at least there's that. Right now the Belly of Doom is somewhat deflated but still has plenty in it, likes to flap around a lot when I jump. I've got room, LOL.
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi Tiger, the difference in your face is amazing! You have such a nice face. Proud of your accomplishments, you do so amazingly well. Thanks for all your supportive comments, you inspire me, I still have 51lbs to go to goal but I know if you can do it, so can I. I sympathise with your feelings about your belly, we all have parts of our bodies that we don't like, well most women do anyway.
    Good to see the cats looking so healthy and contented. To your continued success!
  • Sand_TIger
    Awww, thanks Lynne! I appreciate your support as well. And you are right. If I can do it, you definitely can. My whole life I've been the Failed Diet Queen. Well, till now that is! And yeah, the li'l monsters are contented. They like their messy, fur covered sleeping spot by the sliding glass door, for sure. In that one I called to Hiroshi and he smiled for the camera. :)
  • Sand_TIger
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

Your cats are beautiful!

Thank you! I love them dearly. Now if only Nishiko would have been facing the camera too in that picture!

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    Hey thanks! That's a fantastic thread and a great resource. I haven't had any kids so at least there's that. Right now the Belly of Doom is somewhat deflated but still has plenty in it, likes to flap around a lot when I jump. I've got room, LOL.

I have no children either and my belly also flops when I jump, which is probably one reason why I tend not to!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited May 2021
    Looking great lady!

Keep it up : )

Just wondering though how you calculated that 1400 cals or 1500 is maintenance, I have you at 1756 maintenance with your stats sedentary or 1768 ish cals to cut (loss of 1 lb per week average) with moderate exercise?
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Hmm my SBMI is 39/70 and they have worked out my BMI as 29 but my GP has worked it out as 28. Also I don't trust them because they are telling me that losing weight more would not improve my health. Still it was interesting and I am well into the green which is encouraging!
  • Sand_TIger
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Looking great lady!

Keep it up : )

Just wondering though how you calculated that 1400 cals or 1500 is maintenance, I have you at 1756 maintenance with your stats sedentary or 1768 ish cals to cut (loss of 1 lb per week average) with moderate exercise?

At the time it was probably an estimate, considering I'm no longer young and also have some thyroid issues that mess up my metabolism. I was basing my ballpark estimate off my body fat measuring scale, which gives me a little over 1500 cal right now to maintain at a sedentary level. I was hen roughly estimating how much less I'd need to maintain my body when I'm down 20 more pounds. It's all a guess but it's also based on my experience with how I gain or lose when I eat and exercise at different levels.

In practice I'll likely eat 1600-1700 calories when I've lost all my weight and am in maintenance phase, because I intend to stay active.

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Oh that's cool. I've never heard of SBMI before. I like the non-judgmental way they word things and how they caution us to keep it in context.

For example, I have a BMI of 21.1, 32/70. On other sites they heartily congratulate me and pretty much tell me to keep up the good work, without knowing anything else about my health.

But I like how this site states that 21 BMI is often referred to as "ideal" but then warn that context is needed. A fit, healthy 21 IS ideal. BUT...Someone who lost weight through unsafe means and may have damaged themselves, or lost thru illness or who has low muscle/high fat mass is NOT ideal at 21. I totally agree. Just like being a little overweight could be fine for some but dangerous for others depending on their activity and other lifestyle behaviors.

I love that they specify that it's not just a number to aim for. Nice!

👍
  • Sand_TIger
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Oh that's cool. I've never heard of SBMI before. I like the non-judgmental way they word things and how they caution us to keep it in context.

Exactly! Excellent points you make above. :smiley:

• Sand_TIger
    Links are messed up so posting my latest blog entry here instead:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=looking-forward-to-maintenance-991464
  • kb1health
    kb1health Posts: 1 Member
    :):) Thanks so much for sharing..... I am walking in the fire with you sister..... Let's get it done. A recent doctor visit is shocking me into action. At 6'4", I got off the scale in irritation at 290. I never thought I'd see that weight but here I am and I'm doing something about it. Let's get after it.
  • Sand_TIger
    kb1health wrote: »
    :):) Thanks so much for sharing..... I am walking in the fire with you sister..... Let's get it done. A recent doctor visit is shocking me into action. At 6'4", I got off the scale in irritation at 290. I never thought I'd see that weight but here I am and I'm doing something about it. Let's get after it.

You're welcome - and so good to have you here! I know what you mean by being irritated at the scale. You've got this!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    You are a different person!
  • Sand_TIger
    LOL, I sure feel like it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!