WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    grogers511 wrote: »

What kind of carpet do you have?

Ours is an old Berber and somehow I don't think a rake would work with that.

https://www.godfreyhirst.com/na/carpet/carpet-explained/carpet-types

M in Oz

We have a plush pile. It’s about 25 years old now. No, a rake would not be good for a Berber carpet. I think they use a carpet brush on Berber. Softer bristles. Doesn’t snag the loops.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited May 2021
    Bananas - Yes, everyone has to be double vaxxed, but Saga only takes over 50s so I guess all will be probably triple done by then!!!. Our proof will be our vaccination card, but that might change nearer the time. It’s not until next year, in June. They can't really ask for the NHS app proof because of the very old people who go. I just hope covid is a long ago memory by then! Our first cruise is in March that year, 2022, the Med, including Tunis, (for Carthage) so I hope all countries are well in control of the problem by then. If they have to reroute, or cancel, there is lots of insurance cover, and I paid the deposit by credit card. I'm crossing fingers. Nothing is certain in this life. :D

You sound more cheerful. Are you getting out to cafés? B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Bananas - I followed your link and I'm thinking of just turning up at the next pub meet up. B) I'm not going to register until I've got an idea of what they are like, but it could be promising. My German is not very good yet. ;) On Sunday I have a trial conversation lesson on italki. Very cheap, because it's a trial.
    Thanks. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies
    I slept pretty well last night and slept quite a bit yesterday.. Taliah called me around 2:30 and had forgotten her key,so i got dressed and went down and since we dont get to spend time together alot I asked if she wanted to go to McDonald's..she was thrilled..
    So we went.. she now knows that she will be a big sister and as a teen you know how they are.. she could care less. I asked if she wanted a brother or sister and she says she doesnt want any lol,said sorry your going to get one or the other..
    Even though she was playing on her phone the whole time at least we were together and she thanked me for taking her..
    Will have her quite a bit this summer as mom.doesnt want her playing video games all day.I have to find stuff for her to do..at 13 its hard.. she is into skateboarding now,take her to the beach maybe up to the cottage in New Hampshire..
    Its cool and rainy here today so im having a cup of tea and watching cooking shows with Alfie..have to keep remote handy and hit rhe button when animals come on the TV he flips out and starts barking...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    During ourl2r94poymy2e.jpeg
    43px2mjjl67i.jpeg
    wjnjjrt7rxsc8.jpeg
    aljwafdgzmkhe8.jpeg
    k yesterday on a nearby trail, under a road overpass saw bigs nests.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Allie, Maybe your granddaughter is wondering why her parents need a second child, maybe she wonders why she isn't enough. It's like finding out that one's husband wants a second wife.
  • grandmallie
    Barbie- I touched on the subject yesterday with her.. I told her mom and dad loved her very very much as do I,but thought having another so that she would have a sibling.. I told her I was very jealous when they brought her uncle home and it was tough ,but we have each other and thats what counts..
    I pray that all goes well for both Tracy and Tal..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    PIP

What are those? Birds?

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: You and your granddaughter are lucky to have one another. I envy your proximity to each other. What a blessing for both of you. You’ve made a list of fun things to do together that is especially nice. :heart: As to your granddaughter—I suspect she is feeling more than a little insecure. Her parents are focused on the new baby. You are a gift to her and to her parents. :star:

Pip: I’m wondering about the overpass critters, too. Are they bats, birds, or bees? DH thinks they may be paper wasps. :star:

We have a bright sunshiney day. We haven’t made plans for our day so far, but we may be looking at carpet for our stairs. The old carpet is functional but worn.

Katla in sunshiney NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did a Ript Circuit Speed 20 DVD today when took a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped Bootcamp DVD, then hopefully go for a walk.

M – I know around here the administering of the vaccine was determined by your age. For the first time ever, I didn’t mind admitting my age...lol Maybe it took so long because you are so young????

Tracey – so sorry for your nephew and you

Lisa – (((HUG))). I’m so sorry this keeps happening to you

Sat here: Did Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped Bootcamp DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Weight Loss DVD then go for a walk

Made brownies to take to Denise.

Just got back from picking up Bonnie’s remains. When the lady called a few days ago to set up a time to meet with her to get them, Vince had me talk to her. No problem. I told him that if he had a problem, I’d go. I know how long it used to take me to get to the Y and this place she told me was close to the Y. I just didn’t know exactly where it was. Anyway, I asked Vince if we should go and he said “not now, I’m doing something”. Then I said “we really need to go” and he barked at me “you go”. I know that it’s just him hurting that’s coming thru.

Personally, I think that this is an unnecessary expense. If I had to use my stimulus money for something else (I'll get it back), why not apply this money to that? But that’s just me. For another thing, he keeps the ashes and to me you need to move on. You never forget, but having the ashes is a constant reminder. What I may do in a few months is suggest that we take the ashes to Florida and leave them there. The cats always loved it there. Also, this may give him a better chance to move on.

Then I stopped at the Salvation Army. Of course, I didn’t tell Vince that. The things I bought I left in the trunk. I did get another DVD (yup, I need more...lol), some yarn (not sure if its enough to make a hat or not) and a Rummikub game. I totally forgot to look for a meatballer. I want to take one to the condo. I’ll probably never use it, which is why I don’t want to pay full price. I just told Vince (and this is true to an extent) that we were talking about this and that which is why I was home later.

I have a few extra tickets to the local community theaters. They need to be used this year so I offered them to a few people. I’d just hate to see them go to waste.

Lisa – congrats on the inheritance, no matter how small it may be

Will cut up the brownies for Denise then probably go in the pool

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Yea for me!

I HATE throwing food away and I usually cut the crusts off these brownies. Last time I made them, I ate the whole crust. This time I threw most of it away.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Michele— We haven’t had the opportunity to pick up Schooner’s remains yet. I plan to contact our veterinarian and find out when we can get them. I sure miss him.😢 Our son has asked us to wait to get another dog until after the birth of our next grandchild at Thanksgiving time. He wants us to be there to help with our grandson and the new baby. I look forward to it. ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️
  • pipcd34
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    PIP

What are those? Birds?

Carol in GA

Bird nests, birds we’re flying in and out of them
  • grandmallie
    Tom wants all the cremated pets to go in the casket with him.. lol
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💖💝💘
  • Katla49
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    K I’m a loser. I got an MS donation in the mail and I am guessing it’s from someone in here? No profile name mentioned... who’s Barbara Williams in brooking OR. Thanks so much!
  • grogers511
    Ginger if you have netflix they have a new series on sleep that is kind of guided meditation and explanation about sleep.

I saw that on Netflix. But forgot to watch it. I just looked it up. It’s a series. I’ll watch it today.
    Thanks!

—Ginger-in-Texas
  • grogers511
    ✳️✳️ ACCOUNTABILITY ✳️✳️

✔️Day 4: Friday, May 28: NO BINGE

I feel better. More energetic.

—Ginger-in-Texas