WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Beth: I am so sorry for the loss of your son. My heart aches for you. I am glad that church helped ease your pain.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🥀🌷🌺
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,122 Member
    Beth - Sending lots and lots of love, you have gone through so much. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    I am still working with Duolingo trying to learn basic Spanish. At my old age it is going slowly as I really get mixed up with plurals/singulars.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,122 Member
    Carol - Well done for giving it a try. It's supposed to be very good for the brain! ! Have you had a look at the Easy Spanish videos on YouTube? Even if you don't understand everything, they are subtitled in Spanish and English and it is a great way to get your ear attuned. I really believe that just listening, without really understanding, is a good way to make progress. That's the way I made the breakthrough in German, having tried, on and off, for years with little progress. Easy German really helped me get a 'feel' for the language, although I was lost at first. Duolinho teaches some things write well, but it doesn't give you that immersive experience.
    Good luck and bravo!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    I did twelve minutes of walking. Still some pain but it's getting better.

Now to do my french on Duolingo.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Beth - awww wish i could be there with a shoulder for you...
    Amy made out like a bandit for her baby shower so glad,the first is always a big splash..
    Tracy i just dont know what we will do for her,she doesnt want a shower but she has no baby stuff.. dont really need to worry about it right now...
    Feeling a bit nauseous so im just laying low..no nap today which is good.. will do laundry tomorrow
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Rori ... lifting you and your husband up in prayer... your brother also.

Yesterday was not a good day. Heart sick with information we received regarding our son's death. Church this morning helped ease the pain. "Healing," if even possible this side of the cross, will evidently be a long time coming.

Beth near Buffalo

I am sorry, Beth. His situation has been heartbreaking.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    After spending a couple of hours on a required online training for coaches, I woke up this morning to discover that all record of my passing the test yesterday is gone. I completed another one today, but this time I printed the certificate ... so at least I can email THAT to my LSC if something similar happens. I guess I have to sit through two more hours of doping training (anti-doping, what is doping, why it's unfair, my responsibility as a coach, etc.) Yay me.

Two more days until my next "official" weigh-in. Hoping the trend continues. My husband says there is something wrong with our scale, as he weighed in on the YMCA's balance scale and it was a full 5 pounds lower than what things read at home (wouldn't that be an exciting turn of events).

It's been raining all weekend, so we haven't done any of my outdoor projects. Need to figure out how to get rid of wire grass. Girls made brownies for dessert tonight ... good thing I'm not a big chocoholic! I am getting hungry, so I'm going to go make my dinner salad shortly, and hope the steak follows soon.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Stats for the day-

Other- 2hrs 35min 16sec, dust, vacuum, clean, = 726c
    Walk 2 stores- 28.07 min, 87-125hr, 1.58mi= 147c
    Strava app = 192c

Total cal 873
  • pipcd34
    Just wondering, you guys all know I work out every day, do I really need to post them here????
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip—You’re fit and beautiful. I love to see & read your posts. ❤️😘❤️😘
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    When I dropped Alfie off today Tom asked if I had heard from disability ,i said no it could be many more months,he is itching at the bit to lower the alimony.. well what he thinks is going to happen and what really will happen are 2 different things.. when i hear from disability ,im sure i will get denied first time and will need to hire an attorney,plus will need an attorney if i have to fight Tom for the money..ugh.. not going to worry about something i cant control right now..
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Rori-prayers as you walk through this. All we can do is love them until the end. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Beth-sorry you learned more details. That sort of thing keeps reopening the wound.

Pip-I hope there aren't any rules about daily posting of exercise! Seeing your stats makes me feel like a slug at times-but it is cool to follow.

Had lovely visit with niece and her daughter who is 16 and a very mature, polite young lady (she was always a cute kid!). Ended up going through some old photos of my mom and my side of family. Niece took pictures with phone of some of them and I gave her a couple most meaningful to her. After I get back, etc. straightened out I want to make a trip to Maryland to see them.

Went for walk this morning while it was cooler and then after niece left did another. All told a bit over an hour for the day. Has warmed up nicely today-in the 60's. Warmer temperatures coming.

Going to give oldest brother a call to see what is new with them. Niece told me he had an eye surgery recently and isn't doing well with it (not sure of the type of surgery-something with tear ducts possibly).

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Last Day of May
    Machka9 wrote: »
    May
    -- vote today
    -- online conference at work next week
    -- pilates every Tuesday
    -- 50 km bicycle ride one day this month and other shorter rides, of course
    -- 5 km running event on May 23 and some training runs
    -- start 9 day (7.6 hours per day) fortnights this month at work
    -- design at least one 50 km cycling route
    -- book service for treadmill
    -- plant spring bulbs
    -- and see how I progress on the rest of my 2021 list.

Machka in Oz

Voted.
    Attended most of the conference
    Attended several pilates sessions but missed a few because of husband's heart attack
    Yes, we completed a 50 km bicycle ride ... on which my husband had a heart attack
    Yes, I completed the 5 km run on May 23
    I started a 9 day fortnight and love it!
    I have designed another 50 km route

And the rest ... still working on them.

Oh, also, I joined a Mt Wellington stair climb challenge at work and I've got 14 flights to finish today to make it!

June looks all booked up but I'll talk more about that in the June thread which will be starting soon. :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Rori-prayers as you walk through this. All we can do is love them until the end. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Beth-sorry you learned more details. That sort of thing keeps reopening the wound.

Pip-I hope there aren't any rules about daily posting of exercise! Seeing your stats makes me feel like a slug at times-but it is cool to follow.

Had lovely visit with niece and her daughter who is 16 and a very mature, polite young lady (she was always a cute kid!). Ended up going through some old photos of my mom and my side of family. Niece took pictures with phone of some of them and I gave her a couple most meaningful to her. After I get back, etc. straightened out I want to make a trip to Maryland to see them.

Went for walk this morning while it was cooler and then after niece left did another. All told a bit over an hour for the day. Has warmed up nicely today-in the 60's. Warmer temperatures coming.

Going to give oldest brother a call to see what is new with them. Niece told me he had an eye surgery recently and isn't doing well with it (not sure of the type of surgery-something with tear ducts possibly).

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I had to laugh, there r no rules of posting that stuff
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    :)