WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited June 2021
    Pip- your getting alot of cool stuff. And love the little water park...
    Ive stayed in all day except for taking Dan back home.. its 90 + here.. and i havent turned AC on yet but have everything closed up and it is comfortable.. this is when I sort of miss having a partner, i get bored ,to hot to be outside and just Alfie and I hanging around.. at least if there was someone else we could do something..
    I have to be very frugal with my money which is just the alimony that I receive.
    I put gas in the car every 2 weeks and i dont drive far.. i pay my bills and dont have a ton of wiggle room... oh well ill put on my big girl panties and deal.. with Dans work schedule it is hard for me to get up to N.H. and also Sean doesn't like me to bring Alfie,its ok Buddy his dog is there,and my nephews rottie Kona ,but somehow im not aloud to bring Alfie..
    It is probably a scorcher up there right now anyway,but at least i would be near the beach.. after the surgeries i will have to find a beach where there arent more than 1 or 2 steps..hopefully maybe i can get up there for the 4th of July

Do you read? Libraries are free and often air conditioned. You could go there or bring books, magazines, etc. home.

What about art or even the adult colouring books?

Puzzles?

And do you need to drive Dan? Could he find his own way? Bus, bicycle, walk?

That would save you fuel and you wouldn't have to organise your schedule around him. To me, filling a vehicle every 2 weeks is a lot! Unless we're driving to the other side of the island, I usually fill our van about once a month.

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member

vqu8d79ffxzq.png
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Thinking of Rori...

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    edited June 2021
    Machka- Dan lives about 3 miles from where he works.. he is very complacent and like i said probably (never tested) high functioning autism..he barely makes ends meet working anywhere between 12-16 hrs a week. No bus routes and he works in 4-6 hr increments...
    I was just being a slug today.. didnt do anything except clean the kitchen..
    We have a small library here at my condo complex and a gym,but im lazy and should at least go ride the recumbent bike...i am a people person and dont enjoy being alone all the time.. glad i get together with girlfriends ,i do enjoy solitude, but not all the time
    Now that you mention it,maybe it is 3 weeks to a month when i fill the car,i basically go from my place to Dans to his work, then down to Toms to get Homer and Drs appointments .. thats about the size of it.. life has changed since the surgeries and i wish I had the stamina I once had.
  • Machka9
    Machka- Dan lives about 3 miles from where he works.. he is very complacent and like i said probably (never tested) high functioning autism..he barely makes ends meet working anywhere between 12-16 hrs a week. No bus routes and he works in 4-6 hr increments...
    I was just being a slug today.. didnt do anything except clean the kitchen..
    We have a small library here at my condo complex and a gym,but im lazy and should at least go ride the recumbent bike...i am a people person and dont enjoy being alone all the time.. glad i get together with girlfriends ,i do enjoy solitude, but not all the time
    Now that you mention it,maybe it is 3 weeks to a month when i fill the car,i basically go from my place to Dans to his work, then down to Toms to get Homer and Drs appointments .. thats about the size of it.. life has changed since the surgeries and i wish I had the stamina I once had.

Sometimes public libraries have free presentations and things. I don't know if that's an option in your area with COVID but something like that might get you out with people.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3B)o:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Tttttt
  • almontyrat
    almontyrat Posts: 6 Member
    Wet wild and wooly weather down here at the moment. I had to go out yesterday to shop and meet with the Lady who will be house sitting for me. I got soaked both times. I managed to bring a weeks worth of fire wood into the sun room and cut a little kindling this morning before the heavens opened again, the wood is damp but should dry in time to burn.

Made a huge pot of vegetable and chicken soup to freeze and take for lunch. 113c a serve and lots of fibre, vitamins and a bit of protein. Coupled with a low carb wrapped toasted in the sandwich press its a tasty and healthy lunch and saves me buying something naughty.

I can't believe its only six and a bit weeks until my trip to ski. I had better shake this weight off quick smart or my poor knees won't cope. Below 70kgs finally this morning but 60kgs is still miles in my future....

Al in Tassie
  • Machka9
    16 km cycling ... got it in before the rain started.
    3 km walking in the rain.

Apparently tomorrow is supposed to be worse - lots of rain and wind and cold!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2021
    qauu46prahtj.png

We were outside for a couple hours. :)

It's bucketing down now so it should start greening up nicely.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We will have a couple of days with our grandkids and the other grandparents in the next week or so. Our daughter will be here for our niece’s wedding. She and I are both going. I’m looking forward to having time with my daughter, & family. 😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Hi all. It's good to see you all again.

Life has been hectic as we prepare for our summer garden. I am in the middle of planting up all my patio containers. We already have our tomatoes and cucumbers thriving in the greenhouse, and lettuces and beans and many other things in our vegetable beds. Already having cucumbers and lettuce straight from the garden for my lunch most days.

We've also been spending a lot of time on our little boat, although we haven't really taking it out too far as my daughter is relearning her boat skills.

On Wednesday we went with our garden group to visit the garden of one of the members. It was lovely to actually get to see people face-to-face and catch up with their lives.

Yesterday was very variable, but today the weather is fine, and there is not a cloud in the sky. We plan to go and visit our elder daughter and a grandsons after lunch.

Will try and pop back in later.

Page 7
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    I really enjoyed yesterday's italki conversation. The teacher was young and very sweet and we laughed a lot. I have one more cheap trial lesson, but, if I decide to pay for a proper lesson, I will be happy to have her. I still find it a miracle that I can have any kind of conversation in German. :p

DH had a second night with barely any sleep at all. He just read his Kindle while I dozed beside him. I don't sleep as well as usual if I'm worrying about him. At 5.50 I called it a night and got up to make a cup of tea. We had a good long chat and I hope he felt better. He's worrying about worrying. It usually passes after a few nights.
    We are meeting my son's family this afternoon for pizza. He has changed the time to 3 pm, which is a bit awkward for us, but we do want to see them and it will be our first restaurant visit inside for 15 months. Hoping to hear about his holiday. DH and I are going to share a pizza and have a salad with it between us. I managed to lose a pound last week and I don’t want to blow it! We will walk there and back, which will be about an hour.

Tomorrow I am going on the train for the first time. Then a long walk with my girlfriend to the beach restaurant. I will try to find something low calorie. ;) I will do my rowing in the morning first thing.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Heather- my ex MIL (first one) had agoriphobia - a fear of fears and was mentally unstable..i should have run when i could have,my first meeting with her was in the hospital in the psychiatric ward on so many drugs she didnt know who anyone was...she would stay in the house with all the curtains closed and listen to music.. only time she went out was to church..
    I hope Johnny feels better soon and you get some rest..enjoy the grandkids today
    Its supposed to be in 90s today,so will stay in again.. but maybe go ride the recumbent bike a bit and put winter clothes away
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :) We go about six weeks between trips to fill the gas tank in the car. The farthest we've gone in the last year has been to the next town where my dentist is and where the car gets serviced. Staying home suits me. I get out for walking in my neighbourhood and that's plenty for me.

:) I'm working on plans to restart my line dance class on June 18. The intermediate dance class will restart on June 16. After all my time of being alone or in the company of no more than two other people, it will be a shock.

<3 Barbie in NW WA