WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• klbaussie
    klbaussie Posts: 24 Member
    Done. Thanks Carol. I used to live in Clarkesville, Ga. Is that anywhere near you?
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    I live in Marietta, GA. Have lived here for the past 50 yrs. Originally from Forsyth, GA.

Carol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Morning peeps
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🙂
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Dropped Dan off at work at 7 this morning,snd came home and went back to sleep i did take tylenol for the flank pain and just woke up at 11,I know its not good to sleep long periods of time like that but feel my body needed it
    This afternoonwill go through and get rid of papers,unfortunately it looks like my dads place and i said i would never get that way..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,350 Member
    Home again, home again, jiggety-jig... reasonably good response at the Farmer's Market, sold every baked good I brought, but none of the other items. So... that tells me what I need to be doing in the runup to the market the week before. Until we have veggies or canned items that I can sell, I'll stick with the baked items.

Onward and upward, my chickens.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Did the WW Walking Kit DVD today then took a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Yoga for Strength and Flexibility DVD.

Katla – so glad you’re enjoying the grandchildren

M – I totally agree that reading to babies is important. I used to read to my kids all the time. But what can I say? They’ll learn. Hey, I never thought of buying children’s books used. That I wouldn’t have a problem doing. So what if Denise and Pete don’t approve of used? I don’t have to tell them they’re used. I can just tell them they’re some books I had. Hey, I just thought of something. Shortly before we go to see them, I can take some books out of the library.

Lisa – I’ve always had a problem using yeast as the leavening. Probably because I never seemed to be able to get the milk at the proper temp. for the yeast. Mine was usually too cold or too warm. When I had a bread machine, I did use it. But that’s about the only time. Do you have to put this yeast in warm milk? I’m guessing that at the end of the farmer’s market, some farmers just don’t want to take things home with them so they’ll sell it to you cheaply. Does that happen?

Didn’t we used to have a member from Christ Church NZ?

Barbara – Our tablets can do facetime with PJ, but I highly doubt Denise would sit with PJ so that I could read a book to him. I’m sure they make “kid-proof” tablets. Now the question is how old does he have to be before he can use it himself? That’s probably a few years off. I think he’s old enough to do things like “touch the yellow circle” in a book, but Vince doesn’t think he has the attention span. We facetimed (Skype) with PJ once since he was born and that was on his first birthday (he’s now a little over 2), so I am not holding out any hope of facetime with him. To me, this is sad. They can find time to go to Pete’s mother’s house, they can find time to go down the shore, but they can’t find time to facetime with us. Oh well…that’s just something I have to live with

Allie – hoping all goes well for you Monday. Be sure to let us know

bananas – that video was so cute. Thanks for sharing

Vince needed distilled water so I went to WalMart and picked up not only his water but also a few other things

dgarlick – have you ever used a pill shooter when giving your cat pills? We have three cats and this is a god-send. Basically, it’s a syringe and you put the pill in the top of the syringe which is rubber. Then you put it in the cat’s mouth and push the plunger. The trick is to get the syringe far enough back in the throat and then the gag reflex takes over. Takes all of about 2 seconds to get the pill in the cat. We’ve found this to be so much easier than even liquids. It’s like this

https://www.amazon.com/Kathson-shooter-Medical-Silicone-Syringes/dp/B06XYMYYHG?ref_=ws_cp_eaac04440f54e3b782fd_p_2_t_p

Now I know that you can get them cheaper.

Lector at the church tonight then to the Green Room to see Steel Magnolias. Already have dinner ready to be microwaved

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Picked Dan up snd dropped him off,i did a load of laundry and am listening to John Denver radio on Pandora,they are playing all sorts of great tunes,along with JD,Van Morrison,James Taylor,Eagles,Bee Gees,America.... very enjoyable
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Really wanted to sleep in today but, as usual, husband was really loud when he came in from work at 7. Dozed off and on. Got up to use the bathroom and came back and one of the cats had taken my spot- She didn't want to move over.It's ok, I like to snuggle with Tonashi and she loves it too.
    He went to lunch with a friend yesterday and came home with over 11lbs of fresh picked/home grown apricots- They are little but great flavor- like Lisa said- small but so much more flavor than store bought.
    Heading out to,yep- go shopping. This time it is for me. The Mexican store has cherries 99cents a pound this week. We bought some last week at $1.49 and they were pretty good. They also have cantalope 3lbs for $1. Then to the Asian market across town- okra .99 a pound(instead of $4.99 a pound) and long beans for just .50 a pound.
    Then to our big 99cent store for lots of salad makings.(unless I find a good price at the other two places, which is what I am hoping for)
    While we are out, have to drop off food at mother in laws- he said , unless that is a problem. What ever.
    Have home made gumbo w/ rice and teriyaki chicken and veggies for her. Plus Chow Fun that dh bought her yesterday.

Dinner will be left overs.

Have a great weekend ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    The book I wanted to read today is taking forever to get here. And I keep getting into the candy while I'm waiting. Not good. Amazon, save me!!
  • dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Exermom, checked with the vet and did not recommend the shooter and actually said not to worry about giving the cat the zyrtec because the drops are working their magic. Thank you for the heads up!!! {{HUGS}}
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    DH came home from the 20/20 cricket and said all had enjoyed themselves, except he got a bit chilly! Max brought a girl friend and they had a good time, eating sweets etc. Lots of loud music and cheering! Not quite what DH is used to, but it was good to make memories!
    I watched Michael Palin and Montalbano on the TV. :D Managed to stay off the alcohol until DH came home and we have just had a Pernod. :)
    Not very tired as I had a long nap this afternoon.

My friend in France turned the water on when they got there and managed to flood half the ground floor. Ooops!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    :heart:
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    ✳️✳️ ACCOUNTABILITY ✳️✳️
    ✔️Day 6: Friday, June 11th. NO BINGE

— Ginger-in-Texas
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Debbie – those are some great prices, especially for the cherries. I’m waiting for them to go on sale around here. The best sale price I’ve found was $2.99/lb. I know they were about $1.89 last year, so maybe as the season goes on they’ll come down in price. I bought LOTS last year, pitted them and then froze them.

Went in the pool. It started raining but at least I got in some pool time

They were going to have the mahjongg online Monday but the one lady just said that she had to cancel her plans to go out of town so they can play at her house. I just sent an email to ask another of the ladies if we’re still going to have it online.

Dgarlick – your vet did not recommend the shooter???? Wonder why? Maybe he didn’t think it necessary since he said it didn’t matter if you gave the cat the pill or not. our vet was the person who gave it to us!

Lectored tonight. Looks like the priest skipped part of the mass. Oh well, no biggie. Also, they’re not going to have the mahjongg online Monday so looks like Vince and I can go to ceramics. I just can’t justify driving that distance for so few games when I can play online and do a lot more games. Off to the Green Room to see Steel Magnolias.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,927 Member
    love all the sales we found on fresh fruits/veggies. Bought two bags of okra- cut and cooked one bag already and added it to the left over gumbo-exactly what it needed. Can't wait to have it for dinner. The other bag I will batter with panko and air fry- LOVE fried okra!!!
    Long beans I will cook w/ garlic and a little bacon to go with pork chops I think.
    Broccoli .89 a pound for the crowns- love that just steamed, so does my son.
    Cherries(.99 a pound) are REALLY good- had a bowl full with my lunch.
    blueberries- .99 (I have one plant but nothing on it yet
    Cantalope I will cut Monday when my daycare girl is here(fridge is full right now so no room for it)
    Romaine lettuce- 6 heads for $3 so lots of salads this coming week or so.
    Herb plants- mint, cilentro and thyme- $1 each(have been looking for a good deal on them)
    Armenian cucumber $1
    Two bags of the crispy fried onion toppers $1 each.
    LOVE the deals at our 99cent store.

Healthy eating at amazing prices!! I love that we have some great ethnic grocery stores in our town to find great deals on fresh produce

Debbie
    Napa Valley Ca