Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Happy Wednesday!! Last day of some time off. Decided to clean up basement and mow the front yard and rake up the grass. It’s like 80 degrees out but I got it done. Hydrating now. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good afternoon,

Went to Walmart to buy mailing envelopes. Got a couple frozen meals, dont really want to cook this weekend....

Starting slippers for craft sale this Fall sometime. Small projects in hot weather is just smarter.

Halfway to step goal and found some good dancing music last night to help.

Stay hydrated, safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Just checked they raised the highest temp this weekend to 113 - now that is rare. Gross, but rare.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Tracy - sending good vibes for your interview tomorrow.
    (I will be on the road most of the day.)

Do let us know how it went, OK?
  • LanaCabana537
    jzaxusaap9ml.jpeg
    *** July 8th ***

Have a great day everybody!

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    B):D:) Got it!

Will start training next week with the former assistant. She will set the training schedule because she is working 2 jobs.

Thanks for all the good vibes! I felt them.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Yay!! Tracy that is excellent.

Thank you Lana for starting us.

Chat on zoom last night how nice CA is because we dont get many earthquakes. Sitting at desk today and sure enough the rolling of a 5.9 south of Lake Tahoe and I was wondering do I get out of the building?? and then the phone rang couldnt not answer it - so I asked the lady if she could feel the earthquake. That and106 temps have me in a less than pleasant mood. It will change as I have ice cream.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    528gbwp9i2v4.jpeg
    *** July 9 ***

Tracy - Good for you! That is great! 🎉

Sara - earthquakes must be unnerving, yes, especially when you have to make a one-second judgement as to whether to leave a building.
    Keep yourself cool and drink that water 🌸

I am so relieved to be with my quiet, peaceful friends in Mattapoisett Mass. Whew~~ There's rains from Elsa, but nothing awful, so far.

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    T-10 days until 6 week dr. check! I do go to PT yet. Working on getting my knee to bend. I did ask her if I was unrealistically hoping to walk away from my next dr appt on 19th. She agreed that was a bit unrealistic. I will be weight bearing as tolerated. I figure I can tolerate a lot - heck I just tolerated crutches for 6 weeks! But then much more PT will start to get my leg back to normal. For those who asked - thank you for caring. But miraculously with all of this I have had little pain in my knee. None really unless I am at PT. The pain is in my back, arms, wrists, etc with crutches. But that too I must admit is getting better. I bought a couple of pairs of crutch pads in pretty designs. And while camping my crutches got stickered up by my nieces - so they look way cool!
    Tracy - congrats! I am glad it worked for you.
    Sara - wow. I cannot imagine that heat. And I do not wish to experience an earthquake. Stay safe~
    Missy - great job on the productive time off! I have lists waiting for me when I am again mobile. Mostly my gardens. I have not been expecting people to take care of them like I do. I keep telling myself I will catch up and next year is another year!
    waves to everyone!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    I feel like I am the worst "serial starter". A few years ago I went from 200 pounds down to 140 just by using MFP and walking or jogging a minimum of 3 miles per day. That was 2015 and by 2017 I was on my way back up. I've started and stopped so many times since then. I just can't seem to find the motivation I had before. So, here I am starting once again. My current weight is 196.6. I would love to get back to 140 as I felt great, but I don't really have a specific weight goal. My goal is just to feel healthy and be healthy again. My back hurts, my hips hurt...everything hurts :D . I don't want it to continue to get worse. My problems seem to stem from poor planning on my part. I am working on getting back to weekly meal planning and regular walking. We are super busy with sports practices every night and games starting in about a month. When we are not busy with that, we are usually on the lake or camping. I need to plan better for that too. Pack healthier food/snacks and water. Weekends seem to be a problem for me and where I tend to fail with my choices. I've enjoyed reading several of these comments for inspiration and look forward to seeing everyone's progress! Happy Friday!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

108 was the high today and it will be worse Sat/Sun - does it make a difference you ask? It is measured for me in how many seconds before I feel like I am behind an hot air blowing exhaust pipe and why oh why did I go outside??

Lana you mentioned rain- I am quite jealous as another long summer is upon us here in the "golden state".

Errands very early tomorrow and after that I am not sure. Knitting small projects not the time for heavy blankets...

Drollings- welcome and planning and new habits are key. At least they have helped me - and this past year helped me from not getting larger.

Lynn!!! Thank you for the update. Be the tortoise, slow and steady wins the race. Glad you have a good pt as well.

Sanity is on fumes, so I wish all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2021
    w42w4fsmh8fw.png

got my coworkers laughing with this one - I just thought it was so me and I had to share as I had a fit of giggles at work and had to explain.
  • Titaniumbones13
    Titaniumbones13 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm starting up working out again. I used to be a triathlete. And then I was in a motorcycle accident and gained a lot of weight. I have 135 pounds to lose. I keep giving up and starting over again because I still have that triathlete brain, and I know I've done better in the past. I just need to accept my new limitations and move on. Which may seem easy, but here we go again..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning, just.

Titanium - welcome and let us know how you things are going.

112 is todays high and I refuse to go outside unless I have to. Fire/security alarm thing went off last night got "fixed" and went off again at 2am - so I am hoping it is fixed.

Salad for dinner is all I can handle in this heat.

Lana hope your trip is going well.

Off to wilt somewhere. Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    vjoz41675eku.jpeg
    *** July 11 ***

I missed stopping by yesterday because I arrived in Fall River, MA to find out that the wife of the couple was in the hospital, having broken her other hip on Thursday, with surgery on Friday. Crazy! She is doing very well!

Welcome to the new folks 👋🏻

Sara - sorry for the heat you are going through. My sister is getting some in Redwood City, but not like Sacramento! Hugs and ice packs 💖

Lynn - thinking of you, as always 💖

Waving to Tracy in Tennessee and Missy ..... waving to Missy from nearby Fall River Mass.....and Maureen and Runa.....Runa pop in sometime and say hello 👋🏻
    Maureen - I hope that you are settling in in Charlotte. 🤗

Hey - I will miss stopping in tomorrow. I have to get up very early to drive to catch a ferry across Long Island Sound.

Lana, in the land of No Scales and no adult supervision
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Lana - that is a real vacation, enjoy it.

Hottest day was yesterday but still wilting after yesterday.

What I could do list is longer than what I want to do or will actually do, just is.

Nap time is calling.

Stay safe, sane and cool out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    q7fxttb14vm0.jpeg
    *** July 12th ***

Just getting us started.
    Long day ahead....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    q7fxttb14vm0.jpeg
    *** July 12th ***

Just getting us started.
    Long day ahead....

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello! Happy Monday!
    Waves to all!
    Just a quick pop in!
  • RaevsReality
    RaevsReality Posts: 31 Member
    The guilt and shame for being a serial starter is always real when I start from square one again, usually at least a few pounds heavier than the last time.

On the other hand, thank goodness for this thread. I appreciate normalizing and acknowledging the struggle to stay on the windy, wobbly track.