July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7-1 4k tempo
    7-2 7k tempo
    7-3 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    7-4 7k measy
    7-5 rest
    7-6 7k measy
    7-7 6k measy (but a lot closer to easy than moderate)
    7-8 rest
    7-9 7k temperate
    7-10 7k measy
    7-11 7k moderate
    7-12 rest
    7-13 6k measy
    7-14 6k moderate
    7-15 rest

July Total: 71k
    July Goal: 150k

Golf today instead of running.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 – 3.02
    7/2 – 5.02
    7/2 - .50 cool down
    7/3 – 4.02
    7/4 – 1.05 with pups
    7/4 – 1.44 hiking down and back up from swim basin
    7/5 – 4.67 trails
    7/5 - .41 cool down to get to 5 miles
    7/6 – rest day walked the dogs
    7/7 – 4.03
    7/8 – 4.04
    7/9 – 5.19 miles of cross training – bike (not counted in miles)
    7/10 – 13.11 July Half Marathon Monthly challenge
    7/11 – rest day
    7/12 – 3.02
    7/13 – 6.1 miles of biking (not counted in miles)
    7/14 – 4.05

48.38 of 65 miles

Morning run was screwed up, didn’t have any meetings until 9:00 I thought I could sleep until 7 so I did, then checked email and had a meeting at 8 that someone dropped at 9:00 last night, so I decided to walk the dogs since I would have no time to run, every freaking person in our neighborhood was on the road, what a mess ha ha Might just take a rest day

@Avidkeo sorry aren’t feeling it right now, I know sometimes it’s really hard to get out the door. What if you find a 5K race that’s coming up to run, you are more than trained for it and maybe that bit of competition will get you motivated again. Or stop training, just run, take off the watch for a week and don’t think about distance just slow down and enjoy a slow paced whenever you feel like stopping run.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message @skippygirlsmom about the Run the World challenge and replied to your message @quilteryoyo. I don't get notifications when I have messages. Probably just user error on my end!

We're currently 191 miles behind pace on our Run the World challenge. Anyone else want to join? It's free! If you have a recognizable device, you don't even have to log your miles. It will sync up with your device.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Thanks for the tips @Scott6255 and @Teresa502
    I was able to do a 66 minute walk today pain free.

I may very well order some of those Strassburg socks just to be sure.

I also checked out some stretches and exercises to work into routines.

The hard part right now is wondering how long I should stop running, or if I can run at a reduced load (and if so what that might be). My initial thinking was that if I was able to do today's walk pain free, and also wake up tomorrow with it feeling improved (that seems to be when it has any sort of pain level) that maybe I could attempt an easy run, and continue playing it day by day looking to feel better each day.

I'm not sure if I need PT at this point, but then again I've never had PF before either so not sure exactly how much I'm playing with fire even if it feels like such a minor nuisance right now.

BTW - I don't expect an answer here - don't think I'm pressuring for doctor level advice or anything, just sitting here wondering aloud about all this. If you have thoughts to share I'll definitely listen though.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Thanks for the workout. I will try mixing it in here and there when I find myself trying to turn home prematurely.

@Teresa502 Re: carrying water on short runs. When it’s cool out, I carry a little 5 oz bottle on my long runs because I can also swing by some strategic water fountains in my neighborhood. Once the temps get into the mid 70’s with humidity like ours, I carry it on every single run, even my little 3 milers. I sip some, swish and spit some, and straight pour some over my head when I can’t find sprinklers! Even with the water fountains, it’s just nice to not have to rely on them and be able to sip when I want. I see people running in the dead of summer without water here and I honestly don’t know how they do it. I have weighed myself before and after running and even though I am drinking while running, I will sweat off 2-5 lbs of water weight in the summer here. It’s nuts!

@WhatMeRunning I hope your PF feels better! My husband also had a few rounds with PF. It took a long time for him to completely recover and now if her feels the slightest twinge he starts panicking that it’s coming back.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning just from my own (vast) experience, taking time off running never had any effect for PF. But backing off on pace and mileage would be greatly adviced.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 100 Miles

7/1: 6.26 miles
    7/2: 2.25 miles
    7/4: 13.2 miles
    7/5: 1.02 miles
    7/6: 5.53 miles
    7/7: 5.30 miles
    7/8: 5.30 miles
    7/9: 2.03 miles
    7/11: 10.51 miles
    7/12: 3.16 miles
    7/13: 5.26 miles
    7/14: 5.25 miles
    7/15: 5.30 miles

59.82/100  miles completed for July

I was so tired yesterday I forgot to post my run. I ran 5.25 miles yesterday and 5.3 today.  The weather has really been nice this week. It's still July,  but it's been pleasant for summer. I also really enjoy running when it is getting light in the mornings. My new shoes came in yesterday afternoon,  so I got to wear them today. I always like new shoes runs. I saw the fox again today. He was sort of coming down the road in my direction and he stopped to look at me for a minute.  Then I guess he decided not to keep coming my direction and he took off. Then when I got to the park I saw a lady walking with a dog. I have seen her before but never with a dog. I was surprised that he was off leash, but when I passed them she said he wasn't her dog and then he followed me home. He was pretty friendly.  I hope he made it home. He was wearing a collar but no tags.
    3pllqt3qc3bi.jpg
    cvva4d3l6soh.jpg

I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet. Things have been really busy at work. But I am going to go back and read it now.

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Teresa502
    Options
    @Teresa502 that is crazy about carrying the bikes. I don’t have any messages from you.  Can you send me the link to that again, I need to look at it. Let me get Skip to join, she’s getting ready to start marathon training.

@quilteryoyo I agree with Theresa502 on the dizzy and dehydration.

@WhatMeRunning I would drop back some on the miles, do stretching etc and see how you feel from there. If it gets worse or not better, then call a PT.

Skip would be a great addition! Here is the link to the Run the World challenge. It shows you as being registered but none of your runs seem to be showing so I think you may need to link your Garmin or Strava account maybe?

https://www.challengehound.com/challenge/87084200-0550-11eb-9a36-31595d1e7f7e

The password is MFPRunners2021
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    4.6 mile run early this morning at 6am. I very rarely run before work, but it's a hot day today, so better to run early than in the heat this afternoon.

@Teresa502 Hope you don't mind but I have just joined the 'Run the World' challenge (my profile picture is a Daisy). I have another ultra marathon in September and hoping the extra training mileage will help. Synced my Garmin and it's now showing that we are 4 miles ahead of pace.

July cumulative:
    63.7/100 miles
    6,044/10,000 feet of elevation

Awesome! I was actually thinking of you when I noticed we were behind :)

My current plan for today is to run to the lake and then swim a bit with the kids/husband who are going to drive there. But first I need to eat something. And we may be racing a storm. Hope it holds off for a while.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Love the shoes! The dog certainly looks friendly. I hope he enjoyed his outing but finds his way home.

@sweetdaisy13 Welcome to RTW! Thanks for catching us up.
  • Teresa502
    Options
    4.6 mile run early this morning at 6am. I very rarely run before work, but it's a hot day today, so better to run early than in the heat this afternoon.

@Teresa502 Hope you don't mind but I have just joined the 'Run the World' challenge (my profile picture is a Daisy). I have another ultra marathon in September and hoping the extra training mileage will help. Synced my Garmin and it's now showing that we are 4 miles ahead of pace.

July cumulative:
    63.7/100 miles
    6,044/10,000 feet of elevation

Yay! Glad you joined us @sweetdaisy13 !

Anyone else want to team up and Run the World?