WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    @kizanne2 , I am a former high school math teacher and content coach.

Sharon, hugs! Adoption relationships can be complicated, I can’t imagine all the feelings from both sides. I just met a young relative in my family who just recently discovered she was related to us. Biological father already dead (never knew she existed), biological grandmother refuses to meet her. Half sibling, great-aunt, and several cousins helping as much as we can to fill her in on medical history. My mother and her biological grandmother are double first cousins.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    My husband wrecked my truck this morning! He backed into a pole. Yes, he was in our driveway. Pole okay. Husband okay. Truck not so much. Damage to backup sensors, bumper, and tailgate. 😭

yikes! does your insurance cover that?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Jjjjj
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Cheri lovely crochet. wow!
    Heather, congratulations for the SV! (scale victory)
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    My husband wrecked my truck this morning! He backed into a pole. Yes, he was in our driveway. Pole okay. Husband okay. Truck not so much. Damage to backup sensors, bumper, and tailgate. 😭

Yikes sorry to hear that....were the back up sensors damaged prior to the accident?
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Dragging getting going today after sleepless night but I'm just gonna get to it. I need courage and energy vibes for sure.

You've got a lot going on. Sending you courage and energy vibes.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    csofled wrote: »
    My latest creation!
    Crocheting is such a stress reliever for me. I learned in high school and never stopped! This one and several others will go to Project Linus.

2z2jugncbq3x.jpg

Cheri
    College Station TX

Wowzers!
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Was only going to run 6mi, then I remembered that a 10k was only .20 more so I did that, been a long time since I ran that far, my pace wasn’t too bad considering. Usually after the walk, we ride, since it was only a 5 mile walk we were supposed to ride 10 miles, but my bike wasn’t syncing to the computer right, so we went to the gym, ran the 10k, came back sweaty and rode on Kirby’s spin bike for 15miles. I’ll get back to 5th place if no one does anymore riding.

Walk w/family- 1hr 28min 3sec, 22elev, 84ahr, 101mhr, 3.48ap, 5.10mi= 467c
    Strava app = 707c
    Walk to gym- 10.37min, .53mi= 49c
    Strava app = 65c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 3min 59sec, 5.5sp 1st 2mi, 5.7sp next 2 mi, 5.9-7.7sp rest of the way, 10.19min mi, 141ahr, 166mhr, 10k= 643c
    Walk gym to home- 10.01min, .53mi= 58c
    Strava app = 65c
    Zwift home spin bike = 40.34min, 125elev, 172aw, 65arpm, 127ahr, 146mhr, 15.1mi= 324c
    Zwift app = 400c

Total cal 1541
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Sharon--I agree what a turn around. I agree that something or someone scared him. Sending Hugs.

Barbie--Thanks for getting us started on the new month. Can't believe it is August already. Schools start here next Thursday the 12th. Must say I am glad that they are doing in school this year.

Rita--Hugs!

Cheri--Beautiful blanket. I can do just plain stitch knitting.

Heather--Congrates on the SV.

Had a nice day off yesterday, went to church and had a sub minster and I did not understand a lot of what he was talking about and he went on for over an hour. I am not the only one that lost the point and some got up and left. DH and I spent sometime in the afternoon geocaching and then went to DGD's 13th birthday party. Now I am working the next 5 days and DH's on vacation. Day 1 and I am just hoping by the weekend I still have a home standing. Bless his heart he is trying to get some stuff done, and it is better I am not there to watch, but doesn't mean I am not concerned.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Did a body pump DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kathy Kaehler Basics DVD

Linda – welcome back!

Kymari – I’m so sorry to hear this. What a pain! But glad hubby is OK

Cheri – awesome quilt! I have a question, how do you change colors of yarn? Is there a way so that you don’t have to weave in a lot of strings?

WooHoo Heather!!!

Ceramics tonight

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Cheri LOVE IT
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Cheri – awesome quilt! I have a question, how do you change colors of yarn? Is there a way so that you don’t have to weave in a lot of strings?

Michele NC

When changing colors inevitably there will be ends to weave in. Oddly I am not bothered with this part of the crocheting process. On the stitch where a color change occurs you drop the first color and pull up the loop for the next (second color) thru the exiting loop and carry on. I'm sure there's a better explanation on YouTube! Lol

Cheri

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    csofled wrote: »
    My latest creation!
    Crocheting is such a stress reliever for me. I learned in high school and never stopped! This one and several others will go to Project Linus.

2z2jugncbq3x.jpg

Cheri
    College Station TX

that is AMAZING!!!
    I have tried to crochet a few times. last project was a baby blanket. Got most of it done but when it came to doing the border, I got frustrated and put it away. The baby that it was for is now 38yrs old!! Maybe one day I will try and crochet again
    I learned to sew if 4th grade and that is something I still love to do. If I can loose these last 18 lbs, I will start sewing for myself a lot more. I did make my skirt for dad's service but shocked at the size pattern I had to use.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Thanks Debbie! I learned to sew in 5th grade during Girl Scouts. I made my clothes all thru high school and college and then made for my kids when they were little. Oh my gosh I cannot even imagine what size pattern I'd need now! And the cost of patterns these days!!! Started quilting in the late 80s. So many quilts and crocheted afghans thru the years!!

Cheri
  • pipcd34
    Iiiii
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Evening ladiehad dinner with my ladies tonight was so nice to catch up.. going to yry and catch some shut eye..