WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    oops looks like I double posted my answer to Barbara!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    <3 and HUGS to Rori
  • kymarai
    Options
    I started yesterday at least on track for work. It felt good! I am still behind, but at least customers have been called and parts orders in. I am actually on track for today also. We have to take my truck to body shop first thing, but sent done paperwork to shop with sis in law.
    I am amazed that with all the lifting and pulling I do daily that I have been so sore from transplanting plants and washing down furniture! That was on Sunday and I finally feel halfway normal this morning.
    My oldest granddaughter's band will be featured on good morning america I think on Thursday. I will have to record. She is on the flag/dance team. They are still currently scheduled to go to Macy day parade this year. We will see. I can't believe she is a senior!
    Eating sucked yesterday. I need to go to grocery. Maybe tonight....actually I may click list and pick up on way home.. .just a thought.
    Stuffs to do, so should get a move on .

HUGS! Cause we all can use them.
    Congratulations for our daily victories small and large!
    Love and strength for everyone!
    😘
    Kylia enjoying the sounds of birds on the back deck this morning in Ohio
  • kymarai
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ginny- I am just a little jealous of retirement plans. Unless something changes at the shop, I still have a ways to go! Glad that health is going in the right direction.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: Β»
    Good morning all:

Took awhile to catch up on 6 weeks of posts. Took a break from many things before going on vacation and had to go back to late June to catch up here. So many ups and downs here can't comment on everything. Just amazing what a strong group we are here.

Rori-hugs to you. Helping others transition is hard but I have also found it to be rewarding from the standpoint it is the last gift of love I can give someone. I have considered volunteering as a hospice worker.

Biggest news I have is that vacation in Arizona was wonderful. The Desert Sage Resort is outstanding. Youngest son proposed to gf in front of family (he said: "Now that you've met the whole family, do you want to be part of it?"). They have scheduled wedding for next April. Looking forward to it!

Right before I went to Phoenix I decided to not smoke while I was there (easier with family and grandkids). So I stopped June 26. Has gone fairly well between. Between vacation and that weight has crept up 9 lbs. It is slowly coming back down and I am cutting back on extra calories from cravings so I think that is on right track (worked to hard getting rid of weight to put it all back on! That would drive me back to smoking!)

Other health issues doing well. Compression fracture in back seems healed-back to regular exercise routine. Blood work gets taken again this week for tumor marker and meet with that doctor at end of month. Endocrinologist I met with regarding bones says that blood work actually looks pretty good so we are just going with fosomax and calcium. She will retest everything in December to see if it looks like this stuff is helpful. She does not think the osteoporosis is as bad as the other doctor (in terms of fracture risk, etc) but it warrants attention before it does get worse. She seems very sensible to me.

Meet with people from state retirement system tomorrow morning. After discussing with kids and friends, I think I am ready to decide on date. I had been thinking end of December. However, since I will be staying around here for wedding, and with Covid variants rising which may limit winter travel plans, I may just go ahead and wait until the end of March. That would have us 2 years past Covid and we should have the staff back to our new work plan by then. I would like to finish up those last steps of changing processes. However, it is great to know any day you wake up and can decide to go!

Well, need to get ready for work since I am not yet retired. Starting day off with a meeting with Commission.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Hi Ginny, it's nice to hear from you! that sounds like a delightful vacation, and how nice to have the wedding in view, as a time for another festive get-together. Congratulations on your stopping smoking. I'm sorry about the weight gain. You seem really skilled at losing and maintaining and very even -temperered and good at getting to what you set out to do, so I imagine you will be successful in keeping the smokes at bay and the extra calories too.
    it's nice not to have to worry about that too much during vacation time.
    I am an and off boards so I am unsure what you have as a tumor - where and the situation. it sounded serious - but I'm sorry I missed the details. I hesitate to ask as it is sensitive but as you mention it regularly it seems part of the conversation.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((RORI))) <3

ALLIE ~ Perhaps your daughter is guilting you because she thinks Tabitha doesn't want to go to the house.

PIP ~ Congrats on getting so many donations!

GINNY ~ Great job on quitting smoking and wisely trying to not swap excessive calories for nicotine. My DH was always very thin but when he had to stop smoking due to a heart attack, he replaced the cigs with food and has become quite overweight. Hope your retirement plans work out well.

That's all I can remember at the moment! Love to all!

Carol in GA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,667 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: Β»
    Allie - since you used to work for a dentist I have a question for you. The last time I was at the dentist the hygienist recommended CloSys. The only thing I can see that it might do for me is reduce placque. I don't have any mouth sores. Is there a reason why you couldn't use another brand of mouth rinse? Vince uses one that kills placque, too.

Michele NC

I would have asked the hygienist that question
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread @barbiecat
    Thanks Terri, its nice to organize my food, because I feel like its that one thing I can control. Eating is that one thing that is essential, but I choose what I eat. Its been years since I have eaten a Lean Cuisine, or other frozen product.
    Yesterday, I put a spoonful of bacon drippings, a handful of roughly cut up yellow onions, some kielbasa sausages, a handful of baby potatoes, and a sizeable hunk of cabbage. I put water in after I sauteed for a bit. Added a tsp of chicken paste, some cayenne pepper, and turmeric. It was awesome! So better than frozen crap.πŸ˜πŸ™ƒ
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I agree with you about cooking from scratch using fresh ingredients, so that I can taste the food. I like experimenting with spices and herbs. Ready meals are so full preservatives, and always seem very high in salt an other additives. It's good that you have the travel arrangements made for you trip to Oregon

Sharon in Seattle: It seems that not all these reunions happen like it shows on TV. Human nature can be very fickle. Perhaps some of his adopted family members were not enamoured with the idea of sharing him. At least you can rest easy knowing that he appears to have had a good life.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌿🌱πŸͺ΄πŸƒ
  • redcatwhite53
    redcatwhite53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Found your site Barbie and it looks wonderful!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rori))) – I am so sorry your brother has had such a struggle. I am happy to know that he is comfortable and pain free. Sending love and prayers to you both. :heart: Katla

DH bought a new ipad and is hoping I will share in his enjoyment. He is in the learning stage and I was lost when I tried it. Now that I’ve touched bases here, I will try again.

I spent time picking & pruning blueberry bushes yesterday. One is done, and two is underway. I have a total of three bushes. I will finish bus 2 and then work on bush 3. I had a bumper crop last year and will see how this season turns out.

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,667 Member
    Options
    Kkkkk
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,781 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    No my brother has a short fuse and needs anxiety meds whuch he hasnt been on,,yes very dysfunctional family for sure.. Tracy wants Taliah to go with me because she and Kyle going to the Cape for the weekend and Taliah has just been sitting around the house all summer watching tv and playing on her phone and sleeping.. she even has an alarm on her phone set 20 minutes before her dad gets home from work so she has things done that she needs to have done..
    Did laundry and now in the dryer and ,also will pack my bag for the weekend once the stuff out of the dryer.
    Concert was good last night they played for about an hour and a 1/2 ..
    If any of you follow Facebook or YouTube check out Ima Survivor Donkey and Farm Animal Sanctuary ,there videos are funny and entertaining and and you feel like your part of there family.. they are located in Texas
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hug to you Rori!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I was bad about eating too much sugar this weekend, and now I'm hooked again. I'm having really bad sugar cravings. Even though I know it's horrid disgusting stuff that makes my joints ache. And the taste won't be nearly as good as I fantasize, and it will be over twice as fast.

Annie in Delaware