• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Morning all. Our spell of hot weather has broken and we have several days of rain in prospect. The garden will appreciate it. Many lawns around here are distinctly brown rather than the normal lush green. Lots to do inside, or I might just have an active rest day.

Heather: Aging parents are a worry, even when there are siblings to help. I think it must be doubly so for an only child. 😫 The gutter man/phone debacle. Overnight with the grands at their age can take it out of you, but it's such fun, and it's all in a good cause.

Tracey: (((hugs))) You work in a stressful job, so not surprised that you are tired. I hope the doctor has some answers for you.

Watching the Olympics as I have my morning cuppa. It's surreal in light of the present worsening pandemic situation in Japan, and elsewhere.

Our numbers are rising again, but the government seems intent on opening up. Crazy, or what? Covid hasn't gone away. It's seems sensible to take personal responsibility, and continue with precautions.

☘️ Terri
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hello im posting from phone not skilled at posting here from phone and lost a post. I just got more skin removed at hospital after biopsy of growth removed in drs office. Cant swim for 10 days and big white bandage on neck today. Im not a fan. Will have a 5x10 cm beige/peach colored bandage from tomorrow. I took public transport due to local anesthesia (as recommended by hospital) but its not necessary.
    There was a mix up. My appointment was YESTERDAY. But they had a cancellation today so all worked out well.
    They ll analyse it to be sure all is removed and ill hear back in 3 or 4 weeks.
    Someone asked: they dont do MOHS on neck here. I think that in the usa MOHS is used on face and neck and i france only thr face 1nd not necessarily so often..
    I assume most hospitals dont have that equipment or that its much longer with MOHS.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Im very grateful for relatively equal health care for all here...

Without health coverage or insurance i imagine even such a minor operation would cost an arm and a leg. (Pun not intended, but acknowledged).

Grateful for
    pleasant weather,
    pleasant and helpful people at hospital.
    The above
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    AGING PARENTS my parents went through most of their serious aging from about my ahe 20 to 40 when they both passed at 1 year interval. Care, decisions and attention were shared among my siblings and i.

A very responsable friend who lost his only sibling in teens and whose parents are in their 80s has a heavy load between healthcare follow-up, admin issues, attention and company and emergencies...
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, T’ai Chi, Farmers’ Market, dog group.
    Bonus: stroll with G at Azalea Park
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call to postpone nail trims, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    4: Ask someone how they feel and really listen to their reply: oops, try again.
    5: Spend time wishing for other people to be happy and well: yesterday at T’ai Chi.

Julie sorry to hear they don’t do MOHS on the neck in France. It does take longer but they can tell right away if they need to take more. No waiting 3 or 4 WEEKS for results. :cry: Hooray for the crepe place!
    Ginny the most con VERY gratulations for stopping smoking. The most important thing you can do for yourself and your grands. Bravissima!
    Carol I read somewhere that quitting smoking releases up to 15% of the oxygen that had been bound in your blood stream for “more efficient” burning of calories. I’m not saying this right, but it seemed that just quitting smoking meant you got 15% MORE calories out from the food you ate so an automatic weight gain even before any smoking-substitute snacks. :rage:
    Welcome @redcatwhite53 ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Con VERY gratulations Vicki for taking off more than 5 lbs in June. Well done!
    Sue in WA when your son figures out how to get sand out from his doodle Dude’s coat, please share! :laugh:
    Tina it is very concerning about the rental management company. If they are local can you visit in person? If not, can you contact the BBB?
    Allie safe travels!
    Welcome @PatriciaNeves2015 Pat in Houston! MFP returns me to the page AFTER my post, so I have to page back one to be sure to see all posts after mine… ;)
    Tracey cases have increased tenfold here too, and governor has not re-imposed masking requirements. In a way that makes me sad, but I can still choose to do what is right, avoid indoor activities with unmasked/unvaccinated people, stay home much as possible and mask/wash hands/sanitize when I have to go out. It’s so bad here now that I might try grocery pickup at Freddie’s for the first time Friday. Sending good thoughts for your Dr.’s appointment and answers.
    Michele I had to laugh. Painting ceramics would be the farthest thing from “very relaxing” for me. Different strokes ;)
    Heather ((hugs)) for your friends and for you for listening/loving/supporting them. Brava for staying calm. Bet you and Johnny have all sorts of fun planned for your overnight ;)
    Evelyn good thing those rock lizards are so tiny ;)

Today’s challenge will be to keep active. No structured indoor activities planned for the near future (except T’ai Chi where there are only 6 of us in a huge room and we’re all double vacced). Rain likely. Will try like heck to get Shadow down to the beach. Would be great if Joe would join us, but he’s been overfond of his chair lately. Think his eyes are hurting but he doesn’t want to acknowledge it and is even thinking of cancelling his follow up appointment. Please no!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe:4 , weigh/wii: 4/0/0; steps>6704=10536 !  ! , vits=3.5, log=4, CI<CO=4, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=4, Shadow=6, mfp=4, outside=7, up hill=6, clean 10=0.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=. Sat:PW=. rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 :P
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=2 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Just heard from G who has been crying her eyes out after getting a reply back from a very, very good agony aunt that she wrote to. I agree with the answer, which she forwarded to me, but it will take a while for her to process it. Normally the agony aunt doesn't reply unless it is featured in the newspaper, but she obviously thought G's problem interesting enough to reply to. I feel enormously sorry for G, but the truth is, you can't change other people and she has done her best. I am seeing her on Monday.

This morning has been a flurry of texts and photos from DDIL, explaining where everything is and what to do/eat/wash etc. Even a photo of the suncream. :o I hope they have a good time. Rain is forecast for our pickup time. :sad: My son dropped off the keys.

Now to wash my hair and pack. Ooouuufff!

Love Heather UK, waiting for the gutter man and preparing for the Singing Zoom after lunch.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Good Day!
    Truck repair=$3000 Ugh. Oh well.
    Have had 3 days of being prepared for work before getting to work. I am by no means caught up, bbn ut the really important stuff (estimates, completions, and parts orders) have been done. Son in law asked what plans were for sustaining business as we are short really 3 employees. Sis in law and DH acknowledged this, but both walked away from discussion with no discussion. Really? If this keeps up o could be "retired" at least from shop much sooner than planned. I haven't seen any changes being implemented nor any feelers for employees. SMH! 50% from any person at the shop is too little. I feel Tracey's frustrations as systems only work with information inputting correctly. How hard is it to get address and emails when talking with customer? How hard to input new equipment by looking at previously inputted information on pieces. Frustrating! I want people excited to learn and "bisses" that will get out of the way when changes need to come along. SOMETHING is going to change, just unsure of direction it will take.
    I worked on cross stitch last night, then did work stuffs. Need to go inside and do some household paperwork. Still need to get to grocery.
    Welcome to the new ladies!
    Congratulations on the victories both SV and NSV!
    Hugs for all!

Kylia in Ohio where the weather is gorgeous during the work week and raining on weekends

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    We're teetering on the brink of a shutdown ... we just had our first COVID case since early December!! He flew in without the appropriate papers, was whisked off to quarantine, then was taken back to the airport the next day and sent on his way back from whence he came, but in the middle of all that, he tested positive.

We've slammed our borders shut to Victoria and parts of most of the other states. There's no point travelling out of Tasmania right now because borders close frequently and with no warning now. You might leave ... and not be able to come back!

We figure it won't be long before we're told to go home and work from home. Fingers crossed!! I'm planning to bring a few things home from work tomorrow - things I don't need there right now. And I've rearranged my dining room office area in preparation for working from home. :)

Daily New Cases in Australia

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    To all the newcomers ...

nbkz75fbhlfb.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Heather -
    I hope you have a lovely time with the grands. I dread every event like that myself but then find myself enjoying most things once I'm in the middle of them. Can't seem to convince the part of me that dreads what's coming.

Barbara AHMOD -
    Hope Joe's eyes aren't paining him, and that he makes his appointment. Like where you are, cases here have jumped from 200 a day to more than 2,000. Makes being a hermit quite easy. Kinda was headed that way anyway.

Evie -

It was worth it for me to stop working short of my possible retirement date as well, and I don't regret it for a minute. I'll start receiving social security on May 11 of next year and am so looking forward to that.

Tracey -
    Hope the doc has got some answers for you tomorrow. It's just so frustrating when our bodies won't cooperate. Hope ceramics and more people in your life help your need for community. Getting out to the farmer's market and to the quilting group has been quite good for me, and there are now people who actually recognize me in the local stores. Which is weird, but I'll get used to it.

Karen -
    Well done for your neighbor's actions. Dealing with government workers who appear to be there just to throw a wrench in the process is always so frustrating.

I feel as if I'm turning into a hypochondriac, so am determined to focus on something besides my ailments. Would like to actually accomplish something today - and the list of possibilities is endless. Just need to respect my current limitations without babying them.

Onward and upward, my chickens,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well last night I have to say even with Cpap on I didnt sleep well I tossed and turned all night long.. Ugh.. will check the phone as everything is all synced together and see what it says but I sure dont feel rested and have a bit of a headache...
    Alfie not having any trouble sleeping lol
    Sent food and treats with Tom and Elena yesterday so he will be set for the weekend.. and we had some much needed rain last night..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps, welcome to all new peeps
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛🧡❤️
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I'm going tubing this weekend. Time to shave my legs but I still have mosquito bites from last weekend. Mine get raised blisters.

This is a longer drive. Coming back I will go through Baltimore on I 95. Dreading that, but it's better than the Friday backup on the Chesapeake bay bridge. Well, no sense worrying about it.

The tubing itself should be marvelous.

Annie in Delaware