WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    We also celebrated my 63rd birthday which is tomorrow, I’ll be spending it with my “pandemic pod”.

Smiles, Kim in Northern California

Happy Birthday!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the Olympics this year. 🙂 And I watched all sorts of sports I don't normally watch!

I'm probably going to feel a little bit lost for a few days like I do when the Tour de France ends.

nfn5j5dta5vc.png

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🎈🔴🟥❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Kim
    🎊🎁🎈 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Kim!

Annie in Delaware
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ Congrats getting your disability! I was wondering what has become of Jean's mom? Haven't heard about that once you became ill.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie –- I hope your SS disability benefits start showing up. It sounds as though you should have been receiving them since last year. :star:

Kim — Happy Birthday! I am happy to hear you are doing okay. Good news that your mom is able to spend time with you. She is lucky. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,427 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am knitting the baby blanket and have many rows to go before turn around lets each row get shorter. I am enjoying the process. 😁
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Allie - I wouldn't have wanted to be hived off to god knows where with my grandmother, just for the convenience of my parents. It wasn’t her choice. I would have been totally p....d off. :laugh:

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon looking for photographs of me in my teenage years. I don't have many, because my parents were into cine film by then, but I found a few. In the box I was looking in was all our yesteryears. Photos of my grandmother as a small child, my grandparents parents, my grandfather's war photos of him with one leg, my parents' wedding, my mother as a teenager with her first crush, and so much more. I have left them on the floor because I don't know how to sort them all. The ones I was looking for are me and the family in my grandmother's garden, when I was about 12 or 13. I will post one when I've taken a photo.
    My new memoir covers the years from 9 to 17. I have my teenage diaries. I remember so vividly what it was like to be 13. In my case a lot of it was hell.
    I'm still a bit shaken by looking at all the photos. But I feel very privileged to have them. So many lives are there. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Rori… thinking of you … no words …

Kim … Happy Birthday! You have great instincts with people.

Allie … teenagers can be a handful. You did right to come home.

Beth near Buffalo

• Shatszi
    Shatszi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk and @Machka9, Thanks very much for the tip! 🙏🏻😊
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, so far it's been a very nice day.