Online dating

1171819202123»

Replies

• Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    mholl15 wrote: »
    they definitely work but keep in mind that you will only find the online daters online. The girl/ guy of your dreams may be sitting alone inside Starbucks so don't be afraid to log off, get outside and speak to some attactive looking strangers

Well, not entirely true
    I tried online dating back in 2011

After 5 months of online letters to eachother, we decided to meet up.
    2 months after we were a couple, and last June was our 4 year anniversary
    Still happily married

What platform did you use? Maybe I should get there.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I recently started a profile on a site out of curiosity. It was up maybe 48 hrs before I deleted it. I answered like 8 questions, no picture, and got like 6 messages. Screamed desperation to me. I decided I needed to clean the garage, paint the kitchen, and about 39 other things before giving that a try again. My commitmentphobia hit 1000% from the messages and I hadn’t posted the good stuff, “introvert that’s slightly neurotic and loves her PS5 more then time with you; will cook for you, in sweats and messy bun but then you’ll have to leave — I got a life!; must be a hunter so I’m guaranteed a silent fall…” 😊.

I've known alot of guys who would fall right in love with you
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    I've known alot of guys who would fall right in love with you

😂

I like my space and independence. 🤷‍♀️
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    I met my fiance on POF 6 years ago.
    Friend met her husband on Eharmony.
  • Finishiitnow
    Should people write in their dating profiles if they have a sort of bad habits, addictions, or certain non common preferences? Maybe would be a good starting point before loosing time with that person. Your thoughts?
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Should people write in their dating profiles if they have a sort of bad habits, addictions, or certain non common preferences? Maybe would be a good starting point before loosing time with that person. Your thoughts?

Back when I was making the rounds on internet dating sites I had profiles where I was super upfront about the pitfalls of dating me. Like at one point I didn’t have a car. That’s a big deal breaker to a lot of people but I put it in there anyway because well, they’d find out.
    Used to lie a bit on other profiles and say I was a lesbian so the girls would take me seriously but then I changed it to bi since they’d find out...
    So, I think it’s good to put the bad with the good straight up unless the only goal is to score one date. You’d get more dates if you lie! Then, after they like you or have wasted some time, they might put up with whatever bs ya didn’t mention. (Not ‘you’ but general term for everyone reading ‘you’)
  • Finishiitnow

Back when I was making the rounds on internet dating sites I had profiles where I was super upfront about the pitfalls of dating me. Like at one point I didn’t have a car. That’s a big deal breaker to a lot of people but I put it in there anyway because well, they’d find out.
    Used to lie a bit on other profiles and say I was a lesbian so the girls would take me seriously but then I changed it to bi since they’d find out...
    So, I think it’s good to put the bad with the good straight up unless the only goal is to score one date. You’d get more dates if you lie! Then, after they like you or have wasted some time, they might put up with whatever bs ya didn’t mention. (Not ‘you’ but general term for everyone reading ‘you’)

Very interesting
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Trying it. Its so awkward during covid, but I am tired of waiting for that to end
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    edited September 2021

Would you mention your bad habits on a first date as well? If yes, then put it in profile, if not, then don't.
    I think that when you start to love someone, you take their bad habits for granted, because in the end the sum of it all, is that you love that person for who he is.

Nobody is perfect, so take the person with its flaws as well.

If the person has an addiction, of any kind, you will find out soon enough, and you can decide wether you love that person enough to look past it or not.

I've met my wife online back in 2011, and didn't start dating untill early 2012, mainly because we were both pretty shy towards eachother.
    But we did wrote letters to eachother a few times every week, and used WhatsApp to have daily contact.
    We have saved all of our conversations before we physically met in a Word document, and it's about 158 pages long.