What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    My usual Elliptical 99 minutes (8 miles) on my 3 days off/week.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Decent watts, haven’t been on the bike as often.
    v65ipubi93h7.png
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Took it easy today with just a 5k. It was windy so that added some resistance for about half the jog.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Morning ride - 17.9 miles, 13.9 mph avg, 77 minutes.

Yesterday was a no-ride day, but I did do shoulders with super sets of db flys, overhead press and front raises (10, 10, 8, 8) plus curls (10, 10, 8, 8). Hadn't worked shoulders in awhile so I'm a little sore this morning.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Conditions for today's OWS were much better than Sunday. Lake was fairly calm and very comfortable in a sleeveless wetsuit. One of my training partners is leaving for IM Maryland this afternoon and she invited me to join her this morning. She's a great swimmer, so I just tried to stay on her feet and draft behind her as much as possible. Even at her recovery pace, I couldn't stay with her for too long, but it helped. I managed to get 3800yds in before work. That's close enough to the race distance, so I felt good about the effort.

Will not run tomorrow, so my hip gets a bit more time to recover. Instead, I'll get deep tissue massage work done.

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I had a 90 minute climb yesterday. I was terrible for the first hour, but somehow started to send stuff after that, and ended the session with a bunch of hard (for me) tops, including a couple of flashes.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
    No formal exercise today, but my Garmin says I climbed 60 floors today 😁 Visiting Ålesund, including a 160m climb up to a viewpoint and then a small walk along some trails up there.
  • ccrdragon
    Lietchi wrote: »
    No formal exercise today, but my Garmin says I climbed 60 floors today 😁 Visiting Ålesund, including a 160m climb up to a viewpoint and then a small walk along some trails up there.

I love the floor calculations on the wearable tech - I did my ride this morning and now my Fitbit says I have done 25 floors for the day... did change height above sea level on the ride but haven't left the ground yet.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran around 7 miles between 3 different runs..
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    After yesterday's timed rowing debacle, I did 55 minutes steady state (SS) cardio work. 30 on the rower and 25 on the LateralX. Had some concerning spikes in HR today. Getting a new HRM this week -- mine has been coming loose on the chest belt. Been wanting an arm one. Chest ones are annoying when you're rowing.

Between it coming off all the time and erratic HR, wanted to make sure it's nothing to be concerned about. I've never had issues with HR spiking. That could be a sign or A-fib or similar. I'll just keep an eye on it for now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited September 2021
    After yesterday's timed rowing debacle, I did 55 minutes steady state (SS) cardio work. 30 on the rower and 25 on the LateralX. Had some concerning spikes in HR today. Getting a new HRM this week -- mine has been coming loose on the chest belt. Been wanting an arm one. Chest ones are annoying when you're rowing.

Between it coming off all the time and erratic HR, wanted to make sure it's nothing to be concerned about. I've never had issues with HR spiking. That could be a sign or A-fib or similar. I'll just keep an eye on it for now.

FWIW, @MikePfirrman: Mine (chest-belt HRM not heart) starts doing that when the transmitter battery's getting iffy. That was true for my former Polar, and same happens with the current Garmin one.

I'm surprised you have trouble with chest-belt when rowing; that works fine for me. Do you row shirtless? (I don't 😉.) That might make a difference.

For sure, wrist works very poorly for me while rowing, but OK for most everything else. I didn't get my chest belt transmitter connected properly this AM. This was the result 🤣🤣🤣:

4bn6g7sxwen2.png

I was working on leg drive power this morning, so rowing pretty hard at least part of the time, though slower rating (stroke decides spm, not bow). Pretty sure my heart didn't actually stop that many times, though, among other improbabilities. We were moving for 51:14. That's 22:48 worth of heartbeats shown, and darned slow ones even then. I'm not that fit, or that lazy. 🤣
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Treadmill (only a 20 min walk ... time constraints this morning) and Day 7 Epic I (dumbbell lower body workout) ... way too many lunges. My knees don't like them so I interspersed with extra squats and calf lifts.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

FWIW, @MikePfirrman: Mine (chest-belt HRM not heart) starts doing that when the transmitter battery's getting iffy. That was true for my former Polar, and same happens with the current Garmin one.

I'm surprised you have trouble with chest-belt when rowing; that works fine for me. Do you row shirtless? (I don't 😉.) That might make a difference.

For sure, wrist works very poorly for me while rowing, but OK for most everything else. I didn't get my chest belt transmitter connected properly this AM. This was the result 🤣🤣🤣:

4bn6g7sxwen2.png

I was working on leg drive power this morning, so rowing pretty hard at least part of the time, though slower rating (stroke decides spm, not bow). Pretty sure my heart didn't actually stop that many times, though, among other improbabilities. We were moving for 51:14. That's 22:48 worth of heartbeats shown, and darned slow ones even then. I'm not that fit, or that lazy. 🤣

Thanks Ann, yeah, I think it might be just a battery. It's a Coospo, so a cheap one. The one side of the belt clip just won't stay on. It falls off constantly during workouts and has been driving me nuts. It's not bad during SS workouts to have to stop, but it sucks when you're doing a hard workout and trying to not go beyond 90% or so and it keeps falling off over and over.

It's been super reliable and accurate. Just not a fan of the strap.

The ones now can be worn on arm or forearm. I'm going to try one of those (Wahoo's latest one). We'll see. For me, I don't like the chest strap, but I have this small area on my right side that's always irritated and the chest strap makes it worse.

The shirtless part, LOL. No, that's my son when he comes to visit! Never me.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Pamela Reif videos on YouTube- 10 min abs and 15 min booty workouts (ouch!).
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Plan was for an outdoor 10k. Had it all mapped out. From house to lake around lake and back to house. Hydrated all day in preparation. Well got to the lake and bladder which had been on over drive already wanted to participate. Glad I am still able to hold it so ran by the lake and back home. 4.36 miles with an immediate water break pit stop as I walked in the door. 😮 😅. Good enough to enjoy a glass of wine and some calzone from a local place.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited September 2021
    I did some lifting yesterday, pretty light as I had fortnight off for my holiday.

OHP: 2 set of 5, 35 kgs
    Squat: 2 sets of 5, 70 kgs
    Bench:2 sets of 5, 55 kgs.

I lost some weight on holiday - I am now below 140 pounds (63.6 kgs).
  • ccrdragon
    Morning ride - 18.52 miles, 13.5 mph avg, 83 minutes. We have returned to mugginess... dang it!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited September 2021
    The ones now can be worn on arm or forearm. I'm going to try one of those (Wahoo's latest one). We'll see. For me, I don't like the chest strap, but I have this small area on my right side that's always irritated and the chest strap makes it worse.

The shirtless part, LOL. No, that's my son when he comes to visit! Never me.

I"ve had good luck with Garmin chest straps, but moved to the Wahoo Tickr and love it. Easy to pair, rock solid and no issues w/chest strap connections. To eliminate chance of irritation due to the strap rubbing, I just apply a bit of aquaphor, body glide or chamois butter. No irritation, even after 7-8hours.