TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    I posted a blog
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NewLife_11/view/sahmu-60-day-challenge-a-turning-point-in-my-life-147259

I also wanted to tell you ladies that the Green Team, those of you who stayed with it, were amazing! You inspired me, pushed me when I needed it and you were here for me on my bad days. you ladies rock!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Cardio part 2: ( 1 point)
    burn 2000 calories this week while rebuilding strength in my ankle.
    Wednesday- 205
    Thursday-447
    Friday- 273
    Saturday- 420
    Sunday- 594
    Monday- 369
    Tuesday-

Strength:( 4 different strength workouts = 4 points)

Calistenics everyday! 50 situps, 50 Pushups, 50 leg raises/ leg and 50 reverse crunches! Will modify and add in more exercises as I am able but don't want to commit to anything that will strain the left ankle so no jumping jacks or stairs for me yet.
    Wednesday- complete
    Thursday - complete
    Friday- complete
    Saturday - completed
    Sunday - complete
    Monday - complete
    Tuesday -

Food: (1 point)
    Stay under on calories, carbs and fat everyday. Can I do this? yes I can!
    Wednesday- complete
    Thursday - complete
    Friday- complete
    Saturday - complete
    Sunday - complete
    Monday - complete (but damn it was hard!!!)
    Tuesday
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

This challenge started right about when I would normally give up a diet. I was a few weeks in, tired, hungry and feeling like I was doomed to fail but destined to keep trying. At the time I was involved on a few message boards on another website and only used MFP for the calorie counter mobile app. Anyways I got to chatting with this chickie named NewLife_11 and felt like I just clicked with her. She seemed to be in the same spot I was in emotionally and I really wanted to help her succeed. So I suggested she check out MFP as I felt it was a better calorie counter than the one on the website we were currently on. Next morning I wake up to a super excited message "Lynda, I've started something and I think it's gonna be big! Wanna be on my team?" Immediate answer : YES! Knew nothing about what she was planning and how it would work but I needed that enthusiasm so I was in! Now, 8 weeks later, I've lost 22lbs, made some super awesome friends, been inspired and hopefully was able to inspire a few of you.

So, what does this challenge mean to me? It means I'm not in this alone. It means that I have the strength to succeed. It means I can challenge myself and make myself better through hard work. It means I am capable of change. It means I deserve to like not just my appearance but the person I am regardless of my looks. It means that I can do this. It means I will do this. It means I AM doing this.

Is there anyone that has stood out? Yes. Without sounding like a cheesy-miss america-contestant let me say honestly that every single one of you have inspired me in one way or another. But above all else my girls Karie and Renu for the constant communication and support.

Thank you to all of you for your support! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress as we move into the next challenge. :flowerforyou:

Much love,
    Lynda
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

This challenge started right about when I would normally give up a diet. I was a few weeks in, tired, hungry and feeling like I was doomed to fail but destined to keep trying. At the time I was involved on a few message boards on another website and only used MFP for the calorie counter mobile app. Anyways I got to chatting with this chickie named NewLife_11 and felt like I just clicked with her. She seemed to be in the same spot I was in emotionally and I really wanted to help her succeed. So I suggested she check out MFP as I felt it was a better calorie counter than the one on the website we were currently on. Next morning I wake up to a super excited message "Lynda, I've started something and I think it's gonna be big! Wanna be on my team?" Immediate answer : YES! Knew nothing about what she was planning and how it would work but I needed that enthusiasm so I was in! Now, 8 weeks later, I've lost 22lbs, made some super awesome friends, been inspired and hopefully was able to inspire a few of you.

So, what does this challenge mean to me? It means I'm not in this alone. It means that I have the strength to succeed. It means I can challenge myself and make myself better through hard work. It means I am capable of change. It means I deserve to like not just my appearance but the person I am regardless of my looks. It means that I can do this. It means I will do this. It means I AM doing this.

Is there anyone that has stood out? Yes. Without sounding like a cheesy-miss america-contestant let me say honestly that every single one of you have inspired me in one way or another. But above all else my girls Karie and Renu for the constant communication and support.

Thank you to all of you for your support! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress as we move into the next challenge. :flowerforyou:

Much love,
    Lynda

Lynda,

Very well written, thanks for those lovely words..

You inspired all of us... As always, I like reading your posts.. you have the talent of putting the right words at the right time.. :-) 22 lbs is amazing..cheers to you..Yay!!!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

Completed all the strength challenges and this completes all my challenges with full points..Yay!!! Burning 560 cals daily was just amazing!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    CArdio part 1: I ddin't post daily due to interent issues at home but I made sure to update as often as I was able. does that count?

Cardio part 2: ( 1 point)
    burn 2000 calories this week while rebuilding strength in my ankle.
    Wednesday- 205
    Thursday-447
    Friday- 273
    Saturday- 420
    Sunday- 594
    Monday- 369
    Tuesday- 0

YAY! I did it and had a little over 300 calories burned to spare!!! Thanks for the encouragement gals!

Strength:( 4 different strength workouts = 4 points)

Calistenics everyday! 50 situps, 50 Pushups, 50 leg raises/ leg and 50 reverse crunches! Will modify and add in more exercises as I am able but don't want to commit to anything that will strain the left ankle so no jumping jacks or stairs for me yet.
    Wednesday- complete
    Thursday - complete
    Friday- complete
    Saturday - completed
    Sunday - complete
    Monday - complete
    Tuesday - complete... so sore....

Food: (1 point)
    Stay under on calories, carbs and fat everyday. Can I do this? yes I can!
    Wednesday- complete
    Thursday - complete
    Friday- complete
    Saturday - complete
    Sunday - complete
    Monday - complete (but damn it was hard!!!)
    Tuesday - yup!

Emotional: completed yesterday

So that's what: 5 points? I claim 5 points for the Green Team!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Final SAHMU Weigh In

Starting: 261
    Starting SAHMU: 241
    Week 8: 226.6
    Weekly +/- : -.9bs
    Total +/- : -34.4lbs!

Goal: Eventually, 140lbs. Or thereabouts. IT's hard to say because I haven't been that small for years. And I've never been that weight and healthy... so we'll see. But my main goal is to keep going strong. So I focus on every lb lost and make it a goal to never gain it back. so with that I say goodbye to 34.4lbs! and thank you to all my fellow SAHMU-ers for helping me lose it!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Last week- 159
    This week- 158.2
    Weekly loss- -0.8
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Total points- 8
    Cardio part 1- 1 point
    Cardio part 2- 1 point
    Strengths- 4 points
    Food- 1 point
    Emotional- 1 point

Yay!! scored full this week..
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Apparently I can't read! Strength challenge was worth 4 point, so that means I scored 8 points total. Sweet!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Apparently I can't read! Strength challenge was worth 4 point, so that means I scored 8 points total. Sweet!

lol...
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    I miss posting in this team thread, so thought will post one..hehehe

Took i day off from my exercises today, however i did go for a walk and did my usual cleaning and cooking stuffs.. Kids came in for the regular classes, so they did make me burn few cals..

I just checked with my organiser of my last performance and he said it would take a month's time for my video to be ready... btw I have got one more performance on January 1st, so I have 3 months to lose weight and look better.. Also, I have applied to few other places for performance, i might get one during nov 1st week as it is our festival time..
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same yet again:( It's very frustrating esp when i'm working out!! i hate that it comes off so dang slowly :( I am very proud of you all you did great!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Cardio part 1- O ( i didn't get to post everyday :( )

Cardio part 2: 1

Strength: 4

Food: 1

Emotional challenge: 1
    What has this challenge meant to you? How has it helped you? Anyone that stands out on your team?

This challenge was my first one on mfp. It's helped me to stay accountable and to stick with things. I've struggled along the way but it's nice knowing that I'm not the only that has struggled. thanks for being a great team! all the girls on the green team were great!!!

my total points 7