Labor Day Shredders!

Options

Replies

• stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So I have been sick for the last 4 days and am now just getting to feeling better. So that means that I will restart my 30DS starting tonight. So it looks as if my last day of the program 13th of October. I feel a lot better than I did on Saturday and Sunday! So I hope everyone is doing great on the program and keep pushing not only each other but yourself!

PS I am going to need some major motivation to do 10 days straight of each level until I am done! And I will weigh myself tomorrow and do my measurements just to keep on track with the original plans!

Thanks!

Stefanie
    You can do it! Glad to hear your feeling better!! GET SHREDDING!!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Day 10 is done!! Yay!!

-Jennifer
  • stefa777
    Options
    Whew, LV1D10 complete!
    I cannot believe I made it, I am so glad I joined this board! I am totally nervous about tomorrow but knowing that all of you will be going through it with me, help (a little) lol.

Good night all, weights and measurements at 5am!!
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well level 1 day 10 finished!!! My body is killing me though. My knees are starting to bother me and my upper quads are achey........anyone know of any good tips to help with these problems? I've been taking ibprofen and I take a nice hot shower before bed to help relax my muscles but that's not cutting it. I want to be able to start level 2 off on the right foot.

On a side note, I honestly don't know how I finished all 10 days. I feel really proud of myself, and my husband for joining me all of the nights despite him having homework, studying, and having to work all day. I think this "group" has helped tremendously too because we are all going through it together. So Thanks!!
  • kabatoff
    Options
    Day 10 Level 1 completed! I too am very proud of myself. Some nights I had to fight myself to do it, but I feel good about myself that I have done it 10 days in a row. Looking forward to weigh in and measurement day tomorrow!

Have a good nite everyone!

Janet
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Amen Janet. I DID NOT want to do it tonight, but I did. I can't wait to start level 2 tomorrow!
  • stefa777
    Options
    OKAY here we go nice and early....

Bust: 34"
    Arms: L-12.5", R-12"
    Upper Waist: 33"
    Lower Waist: 35"
    Hips: 38"
    Thighs: L-41.5", R-41.5"
    Calves: L48.5", R-48"

START Weight: 139.8 lbs.

about me:
    Name- Stefanie

THIS IS MY ORIGINAL WEIGH-IN for a point of Reference!!

Weight: 138.0 lbs
    Bust: 34.5"
    Arms: L-12.2", R-12"
    Upper Waist: 33.2"
    Lower Waist: 35"
    Hips: 37"
    Thighs: L-20.5", R-21.5" <-- Must have been a typo on my initial weigh-in, my thighs are no where near 40 inches, lol
    Calves: L14", R-14.2" <--Wow, typo on the initial weigh-in here as well!! OOPS!

Okay, I am up slightly from my normal weekly weigh in but I am still satisfied with the results so far! You can tell I do measurements TOO early because I measured my thighs & calves wrong initially, I can't believe no one noticed that I posted that my calves were LARGER than my thighs,lol!! I probably measured centimeters instead of inches and then switched the calves and thigh numbers. Anyway everything is fixed now!
    Really nervous about Level 2!!

Stef
  • steffyjomartin
    Options
    Sept. 5th Measurements:
    Weight: 248.00
    Bust: 47"
    Arms: 15"
    Upper Waist: 41"
    Lower Waist: 47"
    Hips: 52"
    Thighs: 28.5"
    Calves: 17"

Week 1 Weight-in: 252 pounds

Sept. 15th Measurements:
    Weight: 249 pounds
    Bust: 46"
    Arms: 16"
    Upper Waist: 40"
    Lower Waist: 46"
    Hips: 49.5"
    Thighs: 26
    Claves: 16"

Looks like I have lost a total of about 9 inches throughout my body and that was just doing 4 days of 30DS! I cannot wait to see what my inches lost looks like with 30 straight days of working out!

Stefanie
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! !! I need get this off my chest, I did not do do my 30DS workout yesterday :( but today I am challenging myself to do level 1 and level 2 back to back to catch up!!! ! that TOM is here and it's kicking my butt TERRIBLY!!!!! I still had a lost this morning, I weight in at 149.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, so no more excuses and I need to get this workout going after work!!!!!

~~Mimi~~

Height- 5'4
    Start Weight- 153.0
    9/9 Weight- 150.8
    L2 9/15 Weight- 149.7
    9/19 Weight-
    L3 9/25 Weight-
    9/28 Weight-
    10/5 End Weight-
  • symota
    Options
    I initially signed up to do the Labor Day Shred with all of you. We had a houseful of guests for the holiday weekend and were enjoying racing the mini-bikes and go-karts that our friends brought with them. At about 10:00 Monday morning, while attempting to impress my teenage boys with my driving and racing skills (as if I had any!) and beat their lap time, I rolled the go-kart and broke my left humerous, requiring surgery to repair the compound fracture. I now have a rod and screw in my arm, as well as 43 staples holding it all together. The things I do to impress my family!

That officially ended my shredding for this month, BUT, I wanted to share with you all the blessings I have experienced from the 40 or so days I had been shredding prior to my accident. I never imagined that all of those squats and lunges would be so useful to me in the ways I discovered post surgery. Simply standing up after being in a seated or prone position was so much easier with my stronger legs and abs. Going to the bathroom was another area those squats paid off. My arms are stronger, and I anticipate my recovery time will be reduced because of the time I spent shredding and doing those awful V-squats :)

I started shredding to lose weight and change my body shape, and that DID happen. But the benefits have surprised me in many other ways, as well. I just wanted to encourage all of you to keep shredding! I hope you don't have to endure an injury to reap all of the benefits!

I hope to get back to shredding as soon as my doctor gives me the go-ahead!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Bust- 37---36=1
    Arms- R-12---11.5=.5
    UpperWaist- 31.5---30=1.5
    LowerWaist- 37.5---36=1.5
    Hips- 40.5---40=.5
    Thighs- R-23.5---23=.5
    Calves- R-14---14=0
    Total=5.5

Height- 5'5
    Start Weight- 149.1
    9/9 Weight-147.5
    L2 9/15 Weight- 145.9
    9/19 Weight-
    L3 9/25 Weight-
    9/28 Weight-
    10/5 End Weight-
    Total=3.2

Excellent work finishing level 1 with out missing a day to Stefa, Janet, Nici, & Erica!!!!!

Mimi!!!! Your out of the 150s! While its TOM. SOOO happy for you!!!!

Great work everyone! I am really happy with my numbers for level 1!!! :bigsmile:
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    JODI! OMGosh, your poor thing. Ouch!!!:frown: :noway: that is horrible. I am so sorry. Hope you are ok!!
  • eab12191
    Options
    Alright here we go!!!!!!!!! I'm very pleased with my inches lost. I am however not happy with the scale.........someone please help me understand why I am down .4 pounds overall from the last weigh in. :-(

Okay, measurements as followed 9/5 and today, 9/15

Bust: 44.5" Now: 43 Loss of 1.5"
    Arms: L:13.25" R: 13" Now: L 12.25 R 12.5 Loss of 1.5"
    Upper Waist: 39" Now: 38.5 Loss of .5"
    Lower Waist: 43.5" Now: 42.5 Loss of 1.25
    Hips: 46" Now: 43.25 Loss of 2.75
    Thighs: L: 25" R-25" Now: L 24 R 24 Loss of 2"
    Calves: L: 16.5 R: 16.25 Now :R 16.5 L16.5 Gain of .25

So as far as inches lost, I've lost 9.5 inches all over.....I'm pretty happy with that. Just wish the scale would coincide.
  • kabatoff
    Options
    So here are my results after 10 days of shredding at Level 1...

Start Now

Weight: 135.8 131.0
    Bust: 34 32.5
    Arms: L11 R11 L11 R11
    Upper Waist: 29.5 28
    Lower Waist: 36 36
    Hips: 39 38.5
    Thighs: 22 21.5
    Calves: L14 R14 L14 R14

Overall Loss 3 inches
    4.8 pounds

Is this good? . I was expecting a bit more in the way of inches. I am happy with the 4.8 pound loss...

Level 2 ... I am scared! I hope its not too hard!!

Good luck to everyone!

Janet
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Results after Level 1

Bust: 39 - 40.5= +1.5 (<---WHAT?)
    Arms: L 14 - 13.5= .5
    Arms: R 14 - 13= 1
    Upper Waist: 40 - 39.5= .5
    Lower Waist: 43 - 42= 1
    Hips: 42.5 - 42 = .5
    Thighs: L 24- 23 = 1
    Thighs: R 23.5 - 23= .5
    Calves: L 16 - 16 = 0
    Calves: R 15.5 - 15.5 = 0

START Weight: 175.6 lbs.
    CURRENT Weight: 174.2

So 3.5 inches lost (and 1.5 gained in the bust :noway: ) , and a little over one pound down. Honestly I wish it was more, but that's ok. The important thing is that I've actually stuck with it!

Oh and I did level 2 tonight. Jillian is CRAZY!! :sad:
  • kabatoff
    Options
    How is Level 2 anyone... I have to do it tonight...

Janet'
  • stefa777
    Options
    L2D1 complete---HOLY CR**p...R U SERIOUS, I have to do that level for 9 more days??? I think I might die!! My legs still feel like rubber from lvl 1 and she just goes cray here!! Jumping, planks....AHHHH. I barely made it, I am disappointed because I fell on a couple of the planks jumps--jaks? whatever she called them...I HATE THEM!!!! CRAZY INTENSE!!!

Good night and good luck to all---see you back here tomorrow!!
    Stefanie
  • kabatoff
    Options
    CRAP!! I shouldn't have read the last post... now I am afraid! LOL..
    Good luck everyone! We can do it as a group! Be strong everyone! It will pay off!

Janet
  • eab12191
    Options
    Finished D1L2 and it was rough! Though I have done it before, but not part of doing the workouts consecutively. I am sweating like a pig, but oh well that's my body getting stronger, right?? :)

Just wanted to share a pic so I can look back and see today's date and see how hard I worked on day1 of level 2. My husband is included in the pic because he has done every single shred with with me thus far.

IMG_1702-1.jpg
  • kabatoff
    Options
    Finish D1L2 too... sweating like a pig too! It was definitely a step up from Level 1.
    Completion of Day 11 of 30... getting there slowly!

Good luck to everyone!
    Janet