• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm up
    Yoga - (10m)

Strength: E5MOM
    Pull-up - 4x10r (40r)
    RDL - 2x25lbs - 4x15r (60r)
    Single Arm Lat Pull Down - Bands - 2x10r (20r)

Breath Work:
    WIMHOF - 1r (5m)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Morning ride - 19 miles @ 13.3 mph avg... took it easier this morning, just wasn't feeling the need for speed.
    Will be doing an upper body workout later today.
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 28,962 Member
    edited October 2021
    From my MapMyWalk app log...

3.69mi Interval Training, Run

3.69 Distance(mi)
    13:33 Avg Pace(min/mi)
    50:01 Duration
    452 Calories(kcal)
    70.2 Elevation Gain(ft)

It's actually a walk/run for now. I'm working on getting fit enough to run the entire distance, then eventually increase the pace. Recently got to to the point of running the first mile non-stop, at a rather slow pace (11:47 min/mi), but it's much better than where I was 6 months ago! :)

Age 59
    Weight 170 lb.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I did a light spot of hangboarding before lunch, and a walk and run on the beach at lunch. It was nice - the seals were out in force. I went for a quick dip (in my underpants, due to not packing swimming trunks), but didn't last long. I seem to feel the cold a lot these days. I am currently on 23,000 steps, so it has been non-sedentary so far.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    s1im62 wrote: »
    From my MapMyWalk app log...

3.69mi Interval Training, Run

3.69 Distance(mi)
    13:33 Avg Pace(min/mi)
    50:01 Duration
    452 Calories(kcal)
    70.2 Elevation Gain(ft)

It's actually a walk/run for now. I'm working on getting fit enough to run the entire distance, then eventually increase the pace. Recently got to to the point of running the first mile non-stop, at a rather slow pace (11:47 min/mi), but it's much better than where I was 6 months ago! :)

Age 59
    Weight 170 lb.

Sounds like great progress.

I find a run/walk very helpful. A number of people in my training group use a 4:1 run/walk on many of our long runs. The 1 minute walk allows heart rate to come down and you can gather yourself for the next 4 min run block. Then, you tell yourself " I only have to hang on for 2 more minutes" when you start to tire during the four minute block. :)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Exercise 1: Stronglifts 5x5 Workout B with assistance workouts; Exercise 2: Traditional Shotokan Karate-Do - dynamic kihon drills.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    Another hectic day at work (at home) today. I did a treadmill run before dinner: 6.5km in 50 minutes, no walking breaks.
    My legs were still feeling heavy (probably from strength training two days ago), but glad to see my heart rate only went into Z4 for five minutes or so.
  • Djproulx
    Took the dog with me for a first "run" since race day. It was an easy effort along a 2.5 mile hilly trail through the woods and along a pond. Walked most of the hills, then ran the flats and downhills. No worries about pace, HR, or distance. Decided to quit after just one loop. I can still feel some residual fatigue, so no reason to do anything intense this week.

Looking forward to a group bike ride on Saturday.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    I did a TeamBodyProject workout, and then 20 minutes on the elliptical.
  • ccrdragon
    Upper body workout was 4 sets of curls (4 x 10 each arm), 4 sets of slow push-ups (4 x 20) and 4 sets of oh db presses (4 x 10).
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Morning ride - 19 miles @ 13.3 mph avg... took it easier this morning, just wasn't feeling the need for speed.
    Will be doing an upper body workout later today.

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited October 2021
    Day 22 EPIC I (dumbbell shoulders & core workout - supersets)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm up
    Yoga - (10m)

Strength: E5MOM
    Dip - 4x10r (40r)
    Squat - 2x25lbs - 4x15r (60r)
    Pushup - 2x10r (20r)
    French Press - Bands - 2x15r (30r)

Breath Work:
    WIMHOF - 3r (10m)
  • ccrdragon
    Morning ride complete - 18.97 miles @ 13.6 mph avg (84 minutes). Upper body again later.
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 28,962 Member
    From MapMyWalk log...

Road Cycling

10.36 Distance(mi)
    10.08 Avg Speed(mph)
    1:01:41Duration
    351 Calories(kcal)
    193.2 Elevation Gain(ft)

Nice cool morning and breezy (wind from the south at 15-25 mph). Enjoyed the breeze except when I was riding right into it as a headwind!

I recently replaced the tires on my bike with something a bit more road-appropriate (used to have knobby tires for off-road riding), and the going is overall a bit easier now.

Nevertheless, as worn out as I feel it seems like I did more than 351 Calories of effort. I suppose that if I get a undocumented bonus of Calories burned that's okay! :smiley:

Age 59
    Weight 170 lb.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I started a boot camp on Monday and made it there every day. I still go to my personal trainer twice a week. I feel like I got hit by a truck this week....but in a good way?
  • Djproulx
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    I started a boot camp on Monday and made it there every day. I still go to my personal trainer twice a week. I feel like I got hit by a truck this week....but in a good way?

I can understand that feeling. I'm guessing that boot camp is fairly high intensity, so five days of that stuff, plus two trainer sessions is probably a substantial load. Be sure to get some recovery time in!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    I thought about running today, but my knees need a a break. So I did some indoor rowing: 3630m in 20 minutes.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did just 5500 meters on the rower at lunch today. Normally my hard day, but took it easy. Felt like a mule kicked me in the mouth yesterday after my dental work.